Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #3461
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
There have been 3 for sure in the last 7-10 days, just bizarre moments where he's not making any sense, or seems like he forgets what he was talking about.
Keep in mind that he pauses and speaks slowly sometimes because he has fluency issues related to his life-long stutter.

What comes easy for most of us, takes more concentration for him.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #3462
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What if they're from right-wing media sites/twitter? Is there any way I can post those videos on here without british bob thinking I want to have a 3-way with Eric & Donald Jr?
This English Bob thinks the royal family should have been shoved down a well a century ago, in case that was a Clint Eastwood reference
Old 09-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #3463
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
What if they're from right-wing media sites/twitter? Is there any way I can post those videos on here without british bob thinking I want to have a 3-way with Eric & Donald Jr?
You'll be drawn and quartered accordingly by the progressive internet mob. At least, that's what's in the rulebook we were all sent.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #3464
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Ok I'll bite, assuming you arent a Trump supporter and your idea of a complement for your partner isnt 'my that dress is lovely it easily makes you look tend pounds lighter' then what the hell is the point of coming on social media where this election will be won or lost to some degree and suggesting that Biden is senile, a condition that cannot be altered at all, effectively you just came on this site and said 'Biden might be senile and you probably shouldn't vote for him'

For a guy that doesnt like Trump you have an odd way of supporting the only alternative
I asked a question about Biden's mental state.

If I ask "Is Johnny Gaudreau's game slipping?", that does not mean I am secretly supporting the Oilers.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #3465
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If I ask "Is Johnny Gaudreau's game slipping?", that does not mean I am secretly supporting the Oilers.
It would be if the contest was decided by a poll about which team was better, the Flames or the Oilers
Old 09-09-2020, 04:10 PM   #3466
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Johnny Gaudreau can be replaced on the top line, its Biden or Trump don't get the connection.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #3467
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

This one where Biden is talking about the Covid death toll:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/joe-bi...eath-toll/amp/
*Disclaimer - I don't nor have I ever read the NY Post. I searched twitter for the video example requested, and they had it*

This one where he's trying to talk about Trump's lying:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1303760199078080514
*Disclaimer - I don't know who Steve Guest is, and I have no idea his political standing. I searched twitter for the video example requested, and he had it*

The amount of stalling in this one, ultimately leading to the introduction of his wife, seems like he forgot what he was talking about.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1302226595923611648
*Disclaimer - I don't watch nor support Sean Hannity. I searched twitter for the video example requested, and he had it*

I think these are all from the last week. Has he always been a bit of a space cadet or is this new?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #3468
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

JFC, if I were an American, I'd be voting Biden and it's not even close.

It was just a question. Is he slipping, or has he always been like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #3469
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't matter. He can be drooling, snot dripping down his nose, wearing an Oilers Bib with his c*k out for Joe Thornton, and he would still be better than Trump.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #3470
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Just another one to add to the pile. What a mess.

Quote:
Top officials with the Department of Homeland Security directed agency analysts to downplay the threat of violent white supremacy and of Russian election interference, according to a whistle-blower complaint filed by a top intelligence official with the department.

Brian Murphy, the former head of the intelligence branch of the Homeland Security Department, said in a whistle-blower complaint filed on Tuesday that he was directed by Chad F. Wolf, the acting secretary of the department, to stop producing assessments on Russian interference. The department’s second highest ranked official, Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, also ordered him to modify intelligence assessments to make the threat of white supremacy “appear less severe” and include information on violent “left-wing” groups, according to the complaint, which was released Wednesday by the House Intelligence Committee.

In so doing, the two top officials at the department — both appointees of President Trump — appeared to shape the agency’s views around Mr. Trump’s rhetoric and interests.

Mr. Murphy, who was removed from his post in August after his office compiled intelligence reports on protesters and journalists in Portland, Ore., asserted in the complaint that he was retaliated against for raising concerns to superiors and cooperating with the department’s inspector general. He asked the inspector general to investigate.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur
Old 09-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #3471
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Keep in mind that he pauses and speaks slowly sometimes because he has fluency issues related to his life-long stutter.

What comes easy for most of us, takes more concentration for him.
Thank you for the direct answer to my direct question. I had no idea about this.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #3472
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yes Biden makes all the big mistakes...Trump is deteriorating in from of America's eyes...

Old 09-09-2020, 04:49 PM   #3473
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
Yes Biden makes all the big mistakes...Trump is deteriorating in from of America's eyes...

This isn't new though. He's always been a moron.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #3474
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
At this stage I dont give a bollocks if Biden is clinically dead and flies are circling his rotting corpse, he'd still be a better President than the Russian owned moron that is driving the US to bankruptcy right now.
This has been happening for a long time now and will continue regardless of the 2016 election outcome. When the worlds reserve currency left the gold standard it allowed them to create something out of nothing that everyone agrees has real value, which led to complete monetary drunkenness.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #3475
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

538 moved up Biden to 74, Trump down to 26.

Even if it moves more to 75-25, that's still a 1 in 4 chance of the orange hair ####### winning. Which is horrifying.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #3476
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
This has been happening for a long time now and will continue regardless of the 2016 election outcome. When the worlds reserve currency left the gold standard it allowed them to create something out of nothing that everyone agrees has real value, which led to complete monetary drunkenness.
Theoretically I agree, but then at I look at all the nice #### I own, the new TV every 2 years the constant stream of phones, cars the fact I can get a mortgage and eat food grown a thousand miles away and at that point I think f*** it, I like credit
Old 09-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #3477
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
538 moved up Biden to 74, Trump down to 26.

Even if it moves more to 75-25, that's still a 1 in 4 chance of the orange hair ####### winning. Which is horrifying.
Part of it is 538 using a regression to the mean to anticipate the race tightening as it goes towards November. So comparing this to Hillary on Election Day being a 3/4 is not quite a fair comparison. If you look at the polling error required for Trumo to win the election its a lot larger than it was for Hillary.

A good read on the Methodology from August at 538 where when they first release their forecast they said

Quote:
In 2016, the reason Trump had a pretty decent chance in our final forecast was mostly just because the polls were fairly close (despite the media narrative to the contrary), close enough that even a modest-sized polling error in the right group of states could be enough to give Trump a victory in the Electoral College.

The uncertainty in our current 2020 forecast, conversely, stems mostly from the fact that there’s still a long way to go until the election. Take what happens if we lie to our model and tell it that the election is going to be held today. It spits out that Biden has a 93 percent chance of winning. In other words, a Trump victory would require a much bigger polling error than what we saw in 2016.
So if as we see Biden’s polling hold steady from here until Election Day then you would see that % go up significantly. So when we see the 538 model slowly tick up towards Election Day that’s a sign of Biden’s popularity holding. If Biden still only has a 3/4 chance on Election Day he has lost support.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...unt-trump-out/

The risk right now is that things change in the race rather than current level of Biden support.

Last edited by GGG; 09-09-2020 at 08:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #3478
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Theoretically I agree, but then at I look at all the nice #### I own, the new TV every 2 years the constant stream of phones, cars the fact I can get a mortgage and eat food grown a thousand miles away and at that point I think f*** it, I like credit
Credit is a great thing but this is different. Imagine if the worlds reserve currency was AFC WimbledonBucks and you can create them in your kitchen with little to no effort in any quantity. You might go a little crazy (as anyone would) to the point where you can't stop or even slow down the money creation. At some point when the world if flooded with AFC WimbledonBucks and your kitchen is a total mess people will no longer universally agree in its value. Then the kitchen just closes. It's not really credit if you never have to pay it back, nor really ever intended to.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 PM   #3479
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump has pulled ads in many expected battleground states. He’s gone dark on many networks but has kept a very strong presence on Fox News. It would maybe suggest that their internally polling is indicating some soft support in that 40 that approve of him and they are spending to firm that up right now.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #3480
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump has pulled ads in many expected battleground states. He’s gone dark on many networks but has kept a very strong presence on Fox News. It would maybe suggest that their internally polling is indicating some soft support in that 40 that approve of him and they are spending to firm that up right now.
Closed Thread