Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #3461
Titan2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
Didn't buy 5 like I would have wanted, but at $81 + shipping I couldn't justify it. Just kept it at one this time.

I found them for sale here:
https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/24...ss-snow-pusher
I have a version of this bad boy. Works a charm.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/y...w.ds#store=637
Old 11-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #3462
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
So with the pizza talk, how do people store pizza. Usually I put it in a tupperware container in the fridge but I know others who leave it in the box and put that in the fridge and others that leave it in the box and put it in their oven.
Holy #### what is wrong with people
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #3463
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
I have a version of this bad boy. Works a charm.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/y...w.ds#store=637
I have something similar for when there isnt really enough snow to warrant the snowblower, but I also dont want to be out shoveling the driveway all day with the normal shovel.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:06 PM   #3464
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

lol@leftover pizza
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #3465
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its like when you buy Beef Jerky and they advertise that it comes in this airtight, re-sealable pack to keep the freshness in.

Re-sealable? Naw son...we're ending this deal right here and now. This jerky has seen its last sunrise.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #3466
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

What ticks me off is people who either don’t bother shovelling at all or do such a crap job… but yet still make the effort to throw down and bunch of blue salt. On top of 2–3” of compact snow. Not like it’s gonna magically melt it all.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2022, 08:31 PM   #3467
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Other big p*ssoff is having spent time on both my sidewalk and the neighbours AND clearing the draining areas down 3 homes and then this morning finding the city (or garbage truck?) has basically pushed all that snow back. Again. Yet then it’s expected that I have to clear the sidewalk again. And enable drainage. Or I’m liable for any injuries. Aaargh.
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 10:00 AM   #3468
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
What ticks me off is people who either don’t bother shovelling at all or do such a crap job… but yet still make the effort to throw down and bunch of blue salt. On top of 2–3” of compact snow. Not like it’s gonna magically melt it all.
These people should be quartered. I’d rather walk on your snow packed down than through this trench of blue slurpee mess that’s ruining my shoes.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #3469
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Now we have all those people who refused to shovel this past week, and their sidewalks have turned to death ice covered by a skiff of snow. And it’s going to be like that for at least a week.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:26 AM   #3470
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Now we have all those people who refused to shovel this past week, and their sidewalks have turned to death ice covered by a skiff of snow. And it’s going to be like that for at least a week.
Phone 311 they will get ticketed or at least get a notice to clear which is always funny to see
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #3471
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There are several of these along my run route. Might report them this year. Lazy ####ers.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2022, 08:59 PM   #3472
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Apple reminders are set by time, but apparently “fall back” so my reminders are an hour earlier now? What kind of tech company can have the clock change automatically, but the reminders don’t move to accommodate that time change?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:47 AM   #3473
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The Apple reminders are set by time, but apparently “fall back” so my reminders are an hour earlier now? What kind of tech company can have the clock change automatically, but the reminders don’t move to accommodate that time change?
Sounds like the reminders are stored in UTC time instead of local time which can make sense. Suppose you set a meeting reminder for 3pm, then travelled to Toronto. You would get the reminder at 5pm, which is the right behavior.

I see these date issues at work all the time. Dates cause untold grief to software developers.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:04 AM   #3474
puckhog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
There are several of these along my run route. Might report them this year. Lazy ####ers.
I reported someone In our neighbourhood last year. Was out with the dog, and it was exactly like Richie described: a skiff of snow covering sheer ice, I bailed hard and hurt my elbow, shoulder and hip because of the impact, so I decided to fill out the report. 311 was there later that day and the ice was cleared shortly after.
puckhog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckhog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2022, 07:10 AM   #3475
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The reality is, they won’t really do anything about a 311 sidewalk report unless you say you were injured. Then they’re usually out there pretty fast.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:29 AM   #3476
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Sounds like the reminders are stored in UTC time instead of local time which can make sense. Suppose you set a meeting reminder for 3pm, then travelled to Toronto. You would get the reminder at 5pm, which is the right behavior.

I see these date issues at work all the time. Dates cause untold grief to software developers.
Well it might make sense to the developer or whatever, but for this particular use it’s a pain.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:49 AM   #3477
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post

This kind of seems like an issue a company as big as Apple could figure out decades ago. Yes, time can be a pain, but it's not like they need to train an AI.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:04 AM   #3478
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Damn, $350 for a shovel.
Yikes. Thats ridiculous.

There is an ad along side that shovel for a full on snowblower for $311
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #3479
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This kind of seems like an issue a company as big as Apple could figure out decades ago. Yes, time can be a pain, but it's not like they need to train an AI.
I don't disagree, but maybe they do need to train an AI. At some level it will require the user to specify whether the time is local or global and I'm sure Apple would prefer to figure that out for you.

In fact, a month ago, I sent an email to relatives for an upcoming dinner. My sister-in-law asked clarification on the time because siri automatically created an event based on my email for 7pm even though my email clearly stated 6pm. No idea how Siri came up with that time.

The worst date/time requirement we got was to support India's Hindu calendar. Fortunately we were able to convince management that it wasn't in our best interest to do so.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2022, 08:58 AM   #3480
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Burritos
Burritos gives me gas.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leeman4Gilmour For This Useful Post: