Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2024, 07:13 AM   #3421
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I was just on an elevator with Milos Raonic. I think. I badly wanted to lay a Seinfeld quote on him.
Look at the big baby!
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:33 AM   #3422
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

We should have a thread for posting your 'wins'

Like mine this morning.
Coworker said 'hey my kid is fundraising for their weird dance troupe thing, how much can i put you down for, 40? 50?'
Me 'the same amount i got from you for hockey raffle tickets, that were 5 bucks each, 3 years ago'
Them 'i didnt buy one'
Me 'i know'
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 09:48 AM   #3423
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post

Like mine this morning.
Coworker said 'hey my kid is fundraising for their weird dance troupe thing, how much can i put you down for, 40? 50?'
Me 'the same amount i got from you for hockey raffle tickets, that were 5 bucks each, 3 years ago'
Them 'i didnt buy one'
Me 'i know'
fundraising is the pits.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:52 AM   #3424
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad I've always worked at places that ban employees from doing fundraising crap at work.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:43 AM   #3425
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post

Like mine this morning.
Them 'i didnt buy one'
Me 'i know'
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I'm glad I've always worked at places that ban employees from doing fundraising crap at work.
This is why I don't do it.

a book of tickets, #### it I'll buy them all.

Sometimes the grandparents wanted some, an it's their money....

But if we got a book of 10 tickets $10 each, I'd just drop the $100 and be ####ing done with it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:40 PM   #3426
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Do you ever keep an expired item in your fridge far longer than reasonable because you are ashamed you bought it and let it expire but can't bring yourself to throw it out?

Bought two big things of shredded cheese before christmas. I had all sorts of plans to use but never did, but I can't let myself chuck it because it was like $20+. Best let it sit there as opposed to get that tinge of guilt chucking it.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2024, 04:51 PM   #3427
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Expired or best-before? I assume you mean the latter. We’ve used many products well after their best-before dates - days or weeks for some refrigerated items. We freeze shredded cheese; it’ll last forever.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 04:56 PM   #3428
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Expired or best-before? I assume you mean the latter. We’ve used many products well after their best-before dates - days or weeks for some refrigerated items. We freeze shredded cheese; it’ll last forever.
That assumes I take the effort to freeze things. The amount of things I bought meaning into freeze when I get home then never do is mind boggling. I might as well just throw out the lettuce on the way out of safeway.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 07:44 AM   #3429
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Do you ever keep an expired item in your fridge far longer than reasonable because you are ashamed you bought it and let it expire but can't bring yourself to throw it out?

Bought two big things of shredded cheese before christmas. I had all sorts of plans to use but never did, but I can't let myself chuck it because it was like $20+. Best let it sit there as opposed to get that tinge of guilt chucking it.
Is it moldy? If not still good, you aren’t a failure yet.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:33 AM   #3430
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post

Look at it.

If it ain't moldy it is fine.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:36 AM   #3431
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

And if it is moldy...free penicillin.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:42 AM   #3432
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And if it is moldy...free penicillin.
Ha, that is a phrase my mom would say all the time.

She never ever threw anything away, I'm sure that's cuz we were poor AF, but I can remember her cutting mold off cheese and chucking only the moldy pieces of bread away.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:57 AM   #3433
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Ha, that is a phrase my mom would say all the time.

She never ever threw anything away, I'm sure that's cuz we were poor AF, but I can remember her cutting mold off cheese and chucking only the moldy pieces of bread away.

There’s nothing wrong with that for cheese. Bread though, I dunno. That’s pretty porous. Mold is probably everywhere in that case.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:59 AM   #3434
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Accidentally ate moldy bread the other day. Getting into my last bite and my son goes to make himself a sandwich and finds the next few pieces have mold growing on them. So ok, I have no idea if I actually ate mold but I assume it was flying all over the bag. Turned me right off, but I didn't get sick so all good I guess.

On the fundraising thing, there's some knobhead who sends out an email to the entire building every couple of months selling cookies or whatever for his kids cheerleading thing. Super annoying.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:23 AM   #3435
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
There’s nothing wrong with that for cheese. Bread though, I dunno. That’s pretty porous. Mold is probably everywhere in that case.
Ya it was ####ing awful, her approach was to toast it to cover taste.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2024, 12:25 PM   #3436
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Accidentally ate moldy bread the other day. Getting into my last bite and my son goes to make himself a sandwich and finds the next few pieces have mold growing on them. So ok, I have no idea if I actually ate mold but I assume it was flying all over the bag. Turned me right off, but I didn't get sick so all good I guess.

On the fundraising thing, there's some knobhead who sends out an email to the entire building every couple of months selling cookies or whatever for his kids cheerleading thing. Super annoying.
The only time I ever paid attention to best before date was cheese buns. God damn did I get sick. "Nope, it's not past the expiry, I shouldn't be getting sick". Finally on the last day I looked inside the bun as I was eating and there was so much mold, it looked like a filling. All of the remaining buns were moldy. It explained why I ended up being sick for a week. I was giving myself food poisoning over and over.

I've never seen a food that badly contaminated in my life before or after that. It was basically worse than when I was young and I'd peel a yogurt or sour cream seal and find a layer of mold on top (couldn't see it through packaging because of color and pre-mix).

As an adult, I realized I could tell the taste of mold on grated cheese and the taste of juice that was going back (thanks Capri sun and certain OJ brands!). But I don't ever recall getting super sick from that.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:38 PM   #3437
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, I'm never eating a cheese bun again. Yuck.

I got really sick once after eating a Pizza Pocket. Didn't really notice until the last half, but then one bite in particular tasted moldy. That ended up costing me the next 24 hours. I was so sick. Now if I even suspect there might be mold on my food I throw it out.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 12:39 PM   #3438
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t think I have ever knowingly ingested mold, but I think somebody in the house (probably a lazy child) may have only barely rinsed out a mug that must have had pop or juice in it before, and I used it for coffee later. I just dumped in some milk and then used a nespresso pod. The foamy stuff from the nespresso obscured all of the coagulated milk. After a drink, I felt the cottage cheese-like chunks in my mouth and had to roll down the window and spit it all out. That’s such a gross sensation.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:12 PM   #3439
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Don’t think I have ever knowingly ingested mold, but I think somebody in the house (probably a lazy child) may have only barely rinsed out a mug that must have had pop or juice in it before, and I used it for coffee later. I just dumped in some milk and then used a nespresso pod. The foamy stuff from the nespresso obscured all of the coagulated milk. After a drink, I felt the cottage cheese-like chunks in my mouth and had to roll down the window and spit it all out. That’s such a gross sensation.
Did you ever have a cement mixer shot? You only do that once and it's so nasty.

Irish cream with lime juice floating on top. Drink then shake your head or gargle. Instantly curdles:

Quote:
An interesting chemical reaction takes place when you make the cement mixer. As the shot sits, the fat of the Irish cream and the acid of the lime juice slowly combine. Within seconds, a thick, lumpy slurry is created that will get thicker over time, especially when it's agitated. If you need a visual, go ahead and stir it with a straw and watch the "magic" happen. The texture is best compared to cottage cheese or (more appropriately) uncured cement. Timing is important when drinking a cement mixer; you don't want to wait too long or the mix will become too thick. Also, the more lime juice you use, the chunkier it will become.
Source.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2024, 01:19 PM   #3440
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ that would make me hurl chunks. I’d rather re-do the one chip challenge, fully knowing the rectal suffering that comes later, than drink any kind of chunky dairy.