Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #3401
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Not surprised that this doesn't get mentioned here, but hey.

https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/w...nesday-494564/

Regardless of where you fall politically, getting the US out of the endless war might not be the top priority for the media, but it is important.

Forgot to mention that this is clearly timed for the election as well.
Good god you lay it on thick.....
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #3402
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I started playing the "every time Azure alludes to groupthink or takes a shot at mainstream media you have to drink" game a while back and now people are worried about my health.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:29 AM   #3403
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
I'm just glad he is here to give the viewpoints of the rightwing batcrap podcasts that none of us listen to.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #3404
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Nice when the whole gang chimes in.

Remember when Obama ran on the whole 'I will bring the troops home' and everyone here applauded him for it?

How many drone strikes ago was that? Hilarious.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #3405
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bob Woodward has a new book coming out next week which is based in-part on interviews he conducted with Trump between December 2019 and late July.

Woodward, of course, recorded all of the interviews. There are clips in this story, including from early-February where Trump says he knows that COVID-19 is much more deadly than the flu: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/polit...rus/index.html
Old 09-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #3406
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Bob Woodward has a new book coming out next week which is based in-part on interviews he conducted with Trump between December 2019 and late July.

Woodward, of course, recorded all of the interviews. There are clips in this story, including from early-February where Trump says he knows that COVID-19 is much more deadly than the flu: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/polit...rus/index.html
Seriously?? LOL The orange moron gave him more interviews after the first book he put out? Woodward must have the Putin Blackmail Party Pack.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:40 AM   #3407
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

How is it that everyone knows Trump is dangerous and deeply mentally ill, but they still do nothing about it? The power of his cult is pretty amazing, the enablers fear what he can have the cult do so much they're willing to let the country burn. And I do hope when (if?) this ends that the enablers are held to account as much as Trump, but probably not.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #3408
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
How is it that everyone knows Trump is dangerous and deeply mentally ill, but they still do nothing about it? The power of his cult is pretty amazing, they fear what he can have the cult do so much they're willing to let the country burn. And I do hope when (if?) this ends that the enablers are held to account as much as Trump, but probably not.
THe US is an effing 3rd world country! with great theme parks.

Well now with covid without the theme parks it's prob closer to a 5th world country.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #3409
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Nice when the whole gang chimes in.

Remember when Obama ran on the whole 'I will bring the troops home' and everyone here applauded him for it?

How many drone strikes ago was that? Hilarious.
Lmao you realize Trump has been far *far* worse about murdering civilians in other countries with drones than Obama ever was?

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/...asualties-war/

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ling-civilians

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22...illings-count/

But keep bringing up that talking point, it's a good one to alienate people with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #3410
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

He knows he's being interviewed and yet he still says completely damning things. Unbelievable.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #3411
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
He knows he's being interviewed and yet he still says completely damning things. Unbelievable.
Because that's how damaged his mind is. Woodward, as a seasoned pro, probably didn't even have to work very hard to get him to say these things, because Trump is that ####ed in the head.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #3412
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

So Woodward records everything with Trump's blessing, says a bunch of stupid things and then says the book is a fake. I mean, what the hell............

Quote:
However, on August 14, Trump preemptively attacked Woodward's new book, tweeting, "The Bob Woodward book will be a FAKE, as always, just as many of the others have been."

Throughout the book, Trump provides insights into his view of the presidency. He tells Woodward when you're running the country, "There's dynamite behind every door."

After his 18 interviews, Woodward issues a stark verdict: Trump is the "dynamite behind the door." Woodward concludes his book with a declaration that "Trump is the wrong man for the job."
Old 09-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #3413
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
So Woodward records everything with Trump's blessing, says a bunch of stupid things and then says the book is a fake. I mean, what the hell............
Quote:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."
Old 09-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #3414
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Nothing he says matters so why wouldn’t he stop? The list of things he’s done and said that would have bombed out a traditional political career is now so deep that you could literally sit here all day mining quotes and not run out of things to find.

Quite frankly he’s untouchable. Nothing he has done has caught up with him and once he leaves office nothing he has done will then either. Establishment politics won’t allow for the prosecution of a former president, I’d wager quite a bit on that so for those holding out hope a district of New York is going to get him on financial charges I’d probably say don't hold your breath.

He’s not going away in any capacity until he dies.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #3415
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think anyone expects the SDNY to get him on charges, it's the State of New York where he has issues. I imagine he walks federally, but in New York he's got problems that some ambitious State AG will gladly take a run at him.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #3416
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

This about sums up Trump and his admin. Lying about lying. Rinse and repeat.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1303741461700186112
Old 09-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #3417
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think today's revelations about Trump purposely misleading the American public about the virus and playing it down will actually have impact on his re-election campaign.

Other revelations were mostly about Trump's character and him being a jerkoff (like what he said about US soldiers), but today's reveal has directly led to Americans not being as concerned about the virus as they could have been if it was more honest with his own assessment, directly leading to the death of Americans.

Am I being naive? Was there anything else comparable to today's reveal?
Old 09-09-2020, 11:30 AM   #3418
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Lmao you realize Trump has been far *far* worse about murdering civilians in other countries with drones than Obama ever was?
Not to mention making it so civilian deaths don't even have to be reported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-deaths-2019-3

"US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order ending the mandatory reporting of civilian deaths from US airstrikes outside combat zones."
Old 09-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #3419
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

“I cannot tell a lie...”

“...I can, however, tell multiple lies about many, many things.”
Old 09-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #3420
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
I think today's revelations about Trump purposely misleading the American public about the virus and playing it down will actually have impact on his re-election campaign.

Other revelations were mostly about Trump's character and him being a jerkoff (like what he said about US soldiers), but today's reveal has directly led to Americans not being as concerned about the virus as they could have been if it was more honest with his own assessment, directly leading to the death of Americans.

Am I being naive? Was there anything else comparable to today's reveal?
Eh, it's pretty hard to imagine there are many undecideds/soft supporters in this election. While this is of course terrible, it's not even remotely out of character for Trump. Not like someone was on the fence about Trump and then this revelation changes everything. GOP has been actively anti-science for 30+ years now, so it's not even out of character for the party as a whole.