Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #321
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did the Queen kill the raped handmaiden or just give her tea to abort a potential baby?
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:33 AM   #322
Royle9
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think it was just the abort tea, same tea given to Rhae
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:37 AM   #323
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It had to be abortea otherwise handing her a bag of coins would be pointless. I don’t know why Alicent got emotional and hugged the other maid when she asked where Dyana was though.

My favourite is how Aemond pubertied so much harder than the other kids that he aged 20 years in just 6. Also Aegon looks like cracked out Quicksilver.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #324
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also thank god for the reprieve from fake Lilttlefinger for an episode. Things can fall into place just fine without him.

Vaemond really had a death wish there, not sure how he thought yelling insults at the royal family was going to help him.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #325
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I think it was just the abort tea, same tea given to Rhae
No, she definitely killed her. The next scene when she's waking up her son has the other servant asking where Diana is.

Diana dead.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:06 AM   #326
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
No, she definitely killed her. The next scene when she's waking up her son has the other servant asking where Diana is.

Diana dead.
i'm not sure alicent has completely shed her conscience by this point, would feel a little out of character for her even with her more hardened personality . thinking it was just side effects from the tea that took dyana out of duty. it would be pretty stone cold of the queen just to off her at that point . thinking she scared the crap out of the child on purpose about speaking of it to any one else and after the abortion tea she felt it was dealt with
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #327
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

These shows don't really do throwaway comments. If they had a character explicitly state that Diana was missing, it's for a real reason.

I do think it's funny that 16-20 years of scheming by the Hand and his daughter just gets torpedoed at the last minute by the corpse of Visirys shuffling up to the throne.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2022, 12:02 PM   #328
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
It had to be abortea otherwise handing her a bag of coins would be pointless. I don’t know why Alicent got emotional and hugged the other maid when she asked where Dyana was though.
That wasn't another maid, that was Alicent's daughter, who is also Aegon's wife (oh, those crazy Targaryens). Dyana was supposed to look after their children that morning.

While Alicent may have had Dyana killed, there was no indication in the show either way. She definitely won't be working in the castle anymore, which is probably enough for Alicent.

Just giving her a pouch full of coins and sending her away may have been enough to ensure she wouldn't survive long outside the castle, whether that was the end goal or not.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #329
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

That was a great episode, I think the best so far. I do agree that the actor playing Viseyrs has really carried the series on his back.

Apparently the scene where Daemon picks the crown up was an accident, the crown wasn't meant to fall off. But it ended up being a nice conclusion to their relationship. Episode 1 he wants his brothers crown, this episode he literally picks it up to put it back on his head. Really felt the respect between the two of them in that moment.

I thought Daemon was just going to be chaotic evil, sadistic for the sake of being sadistic shock value type character. But he has really grown and might even be my favourite at this point.

Quote:
"There was one moment in the throne room where Daemon helps Viserys up the stairs to the throne 'cause Viserys is so weak, he can't make it himself. First, a soldier comes up to Viserys, and Viserys shakes him away and says, 'No, no, no. I can do this myself.' He has the pride. And then another person comes to him and he thinks it's a soldier and it's actually his brother. When we were shooting that — I think the rehearsal again, the first day — the crown fell off of Paddy's head and Matt picked it up and we just kept going. We didn't stop [filming]. There was a discovery there of this moment. So then the three of us got together and they were like, 'We felt this. This felt like the turning point in our relationship.' It's just a silent moment.

"I was so thankful that accident happened, that the crown fell off because it proved to be, at least for me, quite a heavy moment and quite a turning point for a storyline that had started in the pilot: Hey, I want your crown and by the end here I'm gonna put the crown back on your head and I'm gonna help you to your throne."
https://screenrant.com/house-dragons...cene-accident/
Old 10-10-2022, 09:51 PM   #330
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

this show is ####ing excellent. it keeps getting better with each ep
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:23 AM   #331
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:35 AM   #332
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
That wasn't another maid, that was Alicent's daughter, who is also Aegon's wife (oh, those crazy Targaryens). Dyana was supposed to look after their children that morning.

While Alicent may have had Dyana killed, there was no indication in the show either way. She definitely won't be working in the castle anymore, which is probably enough for Alicent.

Just giving her a pouch full of coins and sending her away may have been enough to ensure she wouldn't survive long outside the castle, whether that was the end goal or not.
I got the impression that she was given the tea to ensure no pregnancy and a bag of coins to hit the road, don't come back, and don't ever speak of this. As said above it seems a little out of character for Alicient to have her killed.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:33 AM   #333
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Seems like the servant girls fate was purposely left ambiguous. I do think they'll be bringing around multiple bastard children of Argon though. This seems like an easy way to introduce one. They've gone out of their way to show what a pervert Aegon is. I'm guessing this is more of weekly occurrence for him. So after the next time jump there could be dozens of distinctly blond bastards wandering around the area, that will need to be dealt with.

They also devoted a lot of screen time to this. Seems like a lot, just to show how ruthless Alicent has become, if she did in fact have her killed.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #334
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
I cannot follow all the children, time jumps don't help.

Great episode though.
I keep referring to the family tree, especially with all the Aegons
Old 10-11-2022, 08:07 PM   #335
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
That was a great episode, I think the best so far. I do agree that the actor playing Viseyrs has really carried the series on his back.
GRRM agrees.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/house-of...ed-him-3326097
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #336
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:02 AM   #337
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
These shows don't really do throwaway comments. If they had a character explicitly state that Diana was missing, it's for a real reason.

I do think it's funny that 16-20 years of scheming by the Hand and his daughter just gets torpedoed at the last minute by the corpse of Visirys shuffling up to the throne.

Exactly. There is no point for that comment otherwise. It was also set up by her highly compassionate scene with the girl…as if compensating for what she’s about to do.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:07 AM   #338
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Apparently the scene where Daemon picks the crown up was an accident, the crown wasn't meant to fall off. But it ended up being a nice conclusion to their relationship. Episode 1 he wants his brothers crown, this episode he literally picks it up to put it back on his head. Really felt the respect between the two of them in that moment.

I thought Daemon was just going to be chaotic evil, sadistic for the sake of being sadistic shock value type character. But he has really grown and might even be my favourite at this point.

https://screenrant.com/house-dragons...cene-accident/

When I was in theatre productions (as an extra) I was amazed how easily the leads would deal with the inevitable glitches and often turn them into the unintentionally great moments.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #339
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Exactly. There is no point for that comment otherwise. It was also set up by her highly compassionate scene with the girl…as if compensating for what she’s about to do.
Or the servant may make an appearance in a future episode with a bastard child or something. The entire scene involving the conversation, money, and tea seems to be foreshadowing that this may not be the last we see of this girl.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-12-2022 at 11:32 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #340
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Or the servant may make an appearance in a future episode with a bastard child or something. The entire scene involving the conversation, money, and tea seems to be foreshadowing that this may not be the last we see of this girl.
Spoiler from the trailer

Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: