Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #321
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently Chelsea has agreed to a fee for Oxlade-Chamberlain. I don't have a link, so who knows, but it does make me wonder how many guys are leaving this week and what that team looks like on Friday?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #322
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow....the silly season in full swing!

Liverpool have apparently purchased Keita for next year and apparently Thomas Lemar for £55.5M.

PSG apparently are the new Real Madrid and are buying Mbappe next season for 180M Euro but he joins them this season on loan because of FFP regulations.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #323
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It really does look like keeping Wenger was a very expensive decision.

No Sanchez, Ozil, Bellerin, Ox, etc and very little time or opportunity to replace them regardless of money.

And quite frankly it seems to me that its all up to management. The players seem done with Wenger.

I dont know why, he seems okay for the most part, but it is what it is, you either can him and move along or back him and proceed with wholesale changes.

The problem is that the time for deciding on backing the manager and proceeding with wholesale changes has passed so they've effectively landed in the middle and backed the manager while hog-tying him and the team with no replacements.

Its like they're operating without a plan.

Arsenal really missed the opportunity that presented itself when Klopp became available. He would have been the perfect fit and Wenger could have left with his head held high.

Wenger has put himself and his delusions ahead of the Club. But the biggest problem is the owner that has facilitated all this. Kroenke has turned every Club he has owned into a total clown show and there is only one way Arsenal is going for as long as he owns the Club.

Sad for us.

A great laugh for everybody else.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #324
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Apparently Chelsea has agreed to a fee for Oxlade-Chamberlain. I don't have a link, so who knows, but it does make me wonder how many guys are leaving this week and what that team looks like on Friday?
Looks like the Score confirmed it. £35M Transfer fee and the commentators yesterday as Arsenal were getting smoked by Liverpool indicated that he turned down £180K/week so who knows what his Chelsea wages are going to be.

Also Arsenal got killed by Liverpool. Yesterday. Did you hear about that?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #325
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wow....the silly season in full swing!

Liverpool have apparently purchased Keita for next year and apparently Thomas Lemar for £55.5M.

PSG apparently are the new Real Madrid and are buying Mbappe next season for 180M Euro but he joins them this season on loan because of FFP regulations.
That sentence is both sad and hilarious at the same time. The price tag is so ridiculous that they have to do a loan deal to get around financial fair play...so how fair is it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #326
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
Arsenal really missed the opportunity that presented itself when Klopp became available. He would have been the perfect fit and Wenger could have left with his head held high.

Wenger has put himself and his delusions ahead of the Club. But the biggest problem is the owner that has facilitated all this. Kroenke has turned every Club he has owned into a total clown show and there is only one way Arsenal is going for as long as he owns the Club.

Sad for us.

A great laugh for everybody else.
Meh, we all have our scars, its just your turn now. United fans have an irrational hate for the Glazers and us Liverpool fans dealt with the unadulterated nightmare of the 'Hicks and Gillette' era, Newcastle fans have to suffer Mike Ashley and City fans roll in the sweet, sweet oil of the Qatari Royalty....although that doesnt sound all that bad...

Old 08-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #327
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That sentence is both sad and hilarious at the same time. The price tag is so ridiculous that they have to do a loan deal to get around financial fair play...so how fair is it?
LOL! I thought the same thing.

"We want him now but we cant pay you now. We'll give you £1 pound today in advance and like £100M more next year.....coolsies?"

Old 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #328
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

The salary PSG is apparently going to give Mbappe is also ridiculous. Rumoured up around 300k Euro a week.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #329
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
The salary PSG is apparently going to give Mbappe is also ridiculous. Rumoured up around 300k Euro a week.
Good Lord! Their wage bill is going to be outrageous this year.

They do know that they are Paris right? You're not having to pay people to live in Edmonton or anything like that? You'd imagine that the player would cut you a little break for things like that.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #330
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus. Wake up doing my usual social media rounds and basically find out that Klopp decided to do the rest of his transfer summer homework in one day.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #331
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

No way.....

Quote:
Coutinho ruled fit for Brazil despite extended Liverpool absence
by Anthony Lopopolo 15m ago

Reuters / Phil Noble Livepic
There's something rotten in the city of Liverpool.

A doctor for Brazil's national team suggested Monday that Philippe Coutinho's back injury is not as serious as he's made it seem.

"From a medical point of view, Philippe is in the perfect condition to play," doctor Rodrigo Lasmar said, according to the Liverpool Echo's James Pearce.

The swift return to health is suspicious considering Coutinho submitted a transfer request three weeks ago. Barcelona is widely believed to have tested Liverpool with three bids - the latest of which exceeded the £100-million mark - but the Reds' position that Coutinho's not for sale has remained unchanged.

A fourth offer is expected before Spain's transfer deadline on Friday.
https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/13...erpool-absence

I dont believe it! A player isnt injured but is just being held out during a transfer procedure! Such nonsense is unheard of!!

Old 08-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #332
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I'm really excited about Naby Keita. I think he has potential to be a very high end player. This could spell the end for Can though, we may lose him on a free next summer if we can't convince him to sign.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #333
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No way.....

https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/13...erpool-absence

I dont believe it! A player isnt injured but is just being held out during a transfer procedure! Such nonsense is unheard of!!
It was caused by stress!

He just needed to get away a few today's

Totally legit
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #334
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wimmer to Stoke is done. I hope he'll get lots of playing time there, it would be nice for our NT if he could get back on track after wasting years of his career on the Spurs bench. Great deal for them in the end ... buy a player for 6m, nail him to the bench for a few years and sell him for, God knows why, 18m.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #335
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Wimmer to Stoke is done. I hope he'll get lots of playing time there, it would be nice for our NT if he could get back on track after wasting years of his career on the Spurs bench. Great deal for them in the end ... buy a player for 6m, nail him to the bench for a few years and sell him for, God knows why, 18m.
That's a little harsh. I know he didn't play much last year, but he got a fair number of games the year before when Vertonghen was injured? I think he improved a lot under Pochettino as well and it's a good signing for Stoke. He's a solid defender I think.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #336
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's a little harsh. I know he didn't play much last year, but he got a fair number of games the year before when Vertonghen was injured? I think he improved a lot under Pochettino as well and it's a good signing for Stoke. He's a solid defender I think.
10 league games in 15/16 and 5 league games in 16/17. He was a warm body, not a real option ... and I'm not really blaming this on Spurs, I just think it's a shame that he didn't really play for two years.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #337
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did City just offer Arsenal a bunch of cash and Sterling for Sanchez?

You dont normally see soccer teams offer a roster player for another. Its not like the NHL where 'hockey' trades are made, one teams need for another's.

And if City wanted Sanchez why wouldnt they just buy him? Or are the Sheikh's purse-strings a little tight after the Neymar deal?

Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #338
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did City just offer Arsenal a bunch of cash and Sterling for Sanchez?

You dont normally see soccer teams offer a roster player for another. Its not like the NHL where 'hockey' trades are made, one teams need for another's.

And if City wanted Sanchez why wouldnt they just buy him? Or are the Sheikh's purse-strings a little tight after the Neymar deal?
nah, offering Sterling as part of a deal is just an attempt to get Arsenal to sell. They probably won't sell Sanchez to another PL club, so City probably thinks that including a young talented player might enhance their chances.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #339
Delthefunky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Yeah not sure what's going on there. Thing is we're playing 3 at the back like everyone else, and have Zouma, who is going to start most games, and we signed Martins-Indi who's also likely expecting to start. Then Shawcross of course is always first choice, but his contract is up at the end of the season. So adding Wimmer at that cost, for a team like us you would expect him to start whenever possible. So, something might be up with Shawcross. Not sure why he hasn't been signed yet, but if he's refusing then now's the time to sell I guess. Still hope that doesn't happen though. I guess just having cover/competition is always a good thing, but I would expect a 18M CB to be starting whenever he's available. Either way, a lot of times the cast offs from the top clubs turn out to be real top players, so pretty happy with the signing.
Delthefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #340
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like the Score confirmed it. £35M Transfer fee and the commentators yesterday as Arsenal were getting smoked by Liverpool indicated that he turned down £180K/week so who knows what his Chelsea wages are going to be.

Also Arsenal got killed by Liverpool. Yesterday. Did you hear about that?
Omg. he turned down Chelsea, for ... Liverpool?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41077833
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote