Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #3321
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
What's garbage is you thought this was relevant to any discussion going on in here.
You don't think Colin Kaepernick is related to American Politics? That's a pretty #### opinion no offense.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #3322
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
You don't think Colin Kaepernick is related to American Politics? That's a pretty #### opinion no offense.
#BlackStatsMatter
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #3323
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe it would help if you explained what your actual point is, then. That EA made his stats to high?
Old 09-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #3324
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

EA is just pandering to SJWs or Cancel Culture or some #### is his point I imagine. Wish I could actually care about meaningless video game player ratings, but alas...
Old 09-08-2020, 02:16 PM   #3325
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Maybe he’s improved on the Uncle Ricky work out

Uncle Rico.

Uncle Ricky:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #3326
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not the way you brought it up. The way that issue was raised had nothing to do with politics and you raised it as a hit job on Kaepernick. That was a pretty #### move - no offense.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:22 PM   #3327
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
As was mentioned when someone brought up a book about progressive safe zones, this has as much to do with American Politics as essentially everything has to do with American Politics. Yes, it's loosely tied as the decision seems to be a result of a societal change, and any societal change is connected to politics, but this is not a catch all thread for every thought, ideal, product, or action with ties to politics, because that would be nearly everything, and most things (like your video game) have thread specifically dedicated to them, so use them.

As you should be able to tell, what's being discussed here is actual politics, politicians, elections, and things that directly affect voters by intention or ability to vote. Everything being discussed at any length at all is directly tied to politics, not loosely, and you should easily be able to figure out the difference.

So woohoo, a player has a marginally higher rating in a videogame because... affirmative action... or something... great. Such garbage, so much trash.

If you wanted to make a point, you could've done that, otherwise you're just talking about a videogame and how CK having a higher rating is trash (no explanation of why, or how it ties in, or what the political ramifications of this are... you know, things required if you want to make the connection). You basically gave supporting evidence of a point you didn't even bother to make, so what is anyone supposed to do with that?

On one hand, my initial response is that it's weird you have a stronger and less nuanced reaction to a video game rating being unjust than someone being shot by the police (this is not an accusation of anything towards you as a person, to be clear, simply noting I think it's a weird juxtaposition and that your reaction to the videogame doesn't fit your overall "measuredness" or whatever in other areas), on the other hand, the easiest response is that nobody gives a #### about EA videogame rankings in a thread discussing American Politics.

Last edited by PepsiFree; 09-08-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #3328
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should have given Kaepernick a special rating that allows him to truck any white player and not be stopped, just for ####s and giggles.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #3329
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
As was mentioned when someone brought up a book about progressive safe zones, this has as much to do with American Politics as essentially everything has to do with American Politics. Yes, it's loosely tied as the decision seems to be a result of a societal change, and any societal change is connected to politics, but this is not a catch all thread for every thought, ideal, product, or action with ties to politics, because that would be nearly everything, and most things (like your video game) have thread specifically dedicated to them, so use them.

As you should be able to tell, what's being discussed here is actual politics, politicians, elections, and things that directly affect voters by intention or ability to vote. Everything being discussed at any length at all is directly tied to politics, not loosely, and you should easily be able to figure out the difference.

So woohoo, a player has a marginally higher rating in a videogame because... affirmative action... or something... great. Such garbage, so much trash.

If you wanted to make a point, you could've done that, otherwise you're just talking about a videogame and how CK having a higher rating is trash (no explanation of why, or how it ties in, or what the political ramifications of this are... you know, things required if you want to make the connection). You basically gave supporting evidence of a point you didn't even bother to make, so what is anyone supposed to do with that?

On one hand, my initial response is that it's weird you have a stronger and less nuanced reaction to a video game rating being unjust than someone being shot by the police (this is not an accusation of anything towards you as a person, to be clear, simply noting I think it's a weird juxtaposition and that your reaction to the videogame doesn't fit your overall "measuredness" or whatever in other areas), on the other hand, the easiest response is that nobody gives a #### about EA videogame rankings in a thread discussing American Politics.
This is a fairly giant response for an alleged nothing-burger.

Colin Kaepernick is one of the biggest celebrity faces of the BLM movement, and Madden is one of the biggest video game franchises.

The amount of pearl clutching over my original post is ####ing incredible considering all the responses are "omg stop being so offended".

It's newsworthy, it's political in nature, and I think it's dumb EA is virtue signaling by making him an 81 which puts him ahead of fully half the QB's who are currently in the game. All the Karens who are upset this is being posted here: feel free to ignore the post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #3330
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Decent into the Alt-Right Pipeline in Realtime

You hate to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #3331
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
A Decent into the Alt-Right Pipeline in Realtime

You hate to see it.
#### at least spell the thing right if you're going to sling mud.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #3332
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Goddamn it video games were one of my last safe spaces from these bastards and now I’m being forced to play this game using only this guy who’s better than other guys? This is definitely political in nature because if a change.org petition isn’t started to get this son of a bitch out of the game immediately we should consider who we support in November.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #3333
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
This is a fairly giant response for an alleged nothing-burger.

Colin Kaepernick is one of the biggest celebrity faces of the BLM movement, and Madden is one of the biggest video game franchises.

The amount of pearl clutching over my original post is ####ing incredible considering all the responses are "omg stop being so offended".

It's newsworthy, it's political in nature, and I think it's dumb EA is virtue signaling by making him an 81 which puts him ahead of fully half the QB's who are currently in the game. All the Karens who are upset this is being posted here: feel free to ignore the post
Calling people karens and that they're pearl clutching? Dude, you're complaining about a player rating in a video because you don't like the narrative of it. What else is that if not being a pearl clutching Karen? You gonna ask EA for the manager next?

Feel free to not sign CK to your roster or not buy the video in the firstplace if it's a big deal to you. Who cares what you do in Madden but you? How does his player rating impact anyone in any way? It's a videogame.

Nobody is upset. When you ####post without a coherent point people are going to mock you.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #3334
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

In any event though, the Democrats have a succession plan in terms of the presidency now. The ideal scenario is 8 years of Joe followed by 8 years of Harris. Even if Joe only serves one term, they have their "guy", so to speak, for 12 years, if all goes to plan. If either of them loses an election in that period then all bets are off and we're back to the free-for-all we had this cycle, but until it sinks, the ship has sailed.
I don't think anyone is counting on Biden being healthy enough to run in four years. He's barely healthy enough to be a credible candidate now. Trump was already the oldest president ever to be elected for first term, and he was 70. Biden is about to be 78.

I also really doubt Harris is in the longterm plans for Democrats.

If the Democrats have a plan for 4 years from now (which I doubt they do), I think it's something like "Biden steps down a bit before his term is over, so we can put some white guy against Harris in the primaries while simultaneously taking credit for the first female president".
Old 09-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #3335
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's newsworthy
No, it's really not.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #3336
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Goddamn it video games were one of my last safe spaces from these bastards and now I’m being forced to play this game using only this guy who’s better than other guys? This is definitely political in nature because if a change.org petition isn’t started to get this son of a bitch out of the game immediately we should consider who we support in November.
Pretty soon they're not gonna let me use the names Mike Hunt or Mo Lester for my created player, and then the SJW Terrorists have really won.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #3337
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Pretty soon they're not gonna let me use the names Mike Hunt or Mo Lester for my created player, and then the SJW Terrorists have really won.
Are "Poo" and "Ass" already taken?
Old 09-08-2020, 02:55 PM   #3338
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Uncle Rico.

Uncle Ricky:

Slick Rick!!!! London's finest rapper, props to Mitcham
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #3339
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Some ominous approval polls out today, not highly regarded pollsters so hopefully just outliers.

Trump approval in one at 47%.

Florida highly rated pollster Marist College shows the race is basically a coin toss 48:48.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #3340
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
No, it's really not.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...-2016-n1239570

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/tech/...rnd/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/colin...urns-madden-21

Well.

This is embarrassing.