Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #301
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anton has disappeared from the show for 2 episodes now, never has a character missed even 1 show and returned, plus there is no spin value on the story for him to have done it.

It makes "too" much sense for Trinity to have done it and there a big hole that bothers me as well. He only "bumped" into Lundy once and then got on a bus, does it make sense that he tracked him down later that night? and using a gun just doesn't fit his MO and nor does it make sense not to get him alone.

No folks...it is not Trinity

I'm still sticking to my theory of who it was, post 249

Another thing hit me while watching tonight's show that caught my eye that makes me even more suspicious of him but i need to go back a few episodes and check something out first before I ruin it for you.

T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 AM   #302
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
Anton has disappeared from the show for 2 episodes now, never has a character missed even 1 show and returned, plus there is no spin value on the story for him to have done it.
There are plenty of characters who have missed one episode (or more) and returned. Was Lundy even on last season at all?

Quote:
It makes "too" much sense for Trinity to have done it and there a big hole that bothers me as well. He only "bumped" into Lundy once and then got on a bus, does it make sense that he tracked him down later that night? and using a gun just doesn't fit his MO and nor does it make sense not to get him alone.

No folks...it is not Trinity
I think Trinity's anger at Dexter over the urn shows he can snap. That very well could result in him being the shooter. But the other person I wonder about would be the reporter.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #303
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
But the other person I wonder about would be the reporter.
I have to admit, she's got my thoughts as well.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #304
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
Not sure what exactly you found hokey about the shed Van, they are for storing things after all.

I don't mind Rita, I just don't like how she whispers even when talking at regular volume. She has no loud voice.

There is no way Trinity didn't kill Lundy. I think a lot of you guys really misjudge Dexter. It really isn't the type of TV show to rely on ridiculous mysteries to keep things interesting. Anton couldn't have done it, he wouldn't have known to take the wallet and the watch so that it would look like a vacation murder. Even if he did, that would be preposterous. If for some stupid reason it is Anton I swear it'll be the last time I ever watch Dexter.
I really think you're putting Dexter on this pedestal of TV watching where it's not formulaic, not cheesy, not over the top. It definitely has some of those elements and is not the greatest thing on TV right now. The key is not too over do it and Dexter does a great job of that. I love the show and won't stop watching, but my point here is that you're saying that Dexter doesn't need to rely on gimmicks to keep things interesting. I totally disagree. This show is not without its faults. I'm not a fan of cliffhanger endings all the time and Dexter in its 40 plus episodes has had at least 15-20 cliffhanger endings. Those are gimmicky. The whole premise of the show is kind of gimmicky as well. A serial killer who kills other killers, a vigilante. Been done before, but Dexter does it in a fresh way and that's why I love the show. The fact that he's a blood spatter analyst is maybe the best thing ever!

I'm not saying it's Anton for sure. It's more of a gut feeling. I think they're gonna wanna throw viewers for a loop. It very well could be Trinity, but like I said, I would like them to address how he was able to track them down to the hotel. If it's Anton, I'm not gonna come on here and say "I told you so", just like I don't wanna see the people who said it was Trinity all the way rip people who thought differently.

Can't wait for next week!
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #305
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The character Anton is done. 17 episodes, and he is already fulfilled those.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #306
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
The character Anton is done. 17 episodes, and he is already fulfilled those.
That's almost a semi spoiler, thanks dude. There's a reason I stay away from IMDB boards. I guess that's the end of that.

I'm still not convinced that Trinity shot Lundy. Like I said, I would like to know how he tracked them down without having any kind of personal information on them. He would really have no way to know where they would be. I don't think the reporter is a bad guess, especially after last night with her wanting to get that interview and all.

To those who believe that it's Trinity 100 percent guaranteed. I would like to know why you believe the identiy wasn't shown in that episode?? There is no reason to hide the shooter if it was Trinity. We had already seen him kill two people. It doesn't make sense to hide him.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #307
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
That's almost a semi spoiler, thanks dude. There's a reason I stay away from IMDB boards. I guess that's the end of that.

I'm still not convinced that Trinity shot Lundy. Like I said, I would like to know how he tracked them down without having any kind of personal information on them. He would really have no way to know where they would be. I don't think the reporter is a bad guess, especially after last night with her wanting to get that interview and all.

To those who believe that it's Trinity 100 percent guaranteed. I would like to know why you believe the identiy wasn't shown in that episode?? There is no reason to hide the shooter if it was Trinity. We had already seen him kill two people. It doesn't make sense to hide him.
I wish people wouldn't post stuff from IMDB... or at least post it in white. Everyone knows they can get "advanced scouting" by looking on that site, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to read it here.

I'm not totally convinced it's Trinity that killed Lundy either for some of the reasons you laid out. With Lundy/Anton's storyline being removed, the Dexter/Rita conflict looking to have been resolved, and the Bautista and LaGuarta affair being "over", it looks like the secondary storyline is going to be the reporter and Quinn. There are too many episodes left this season to not have a secondary story.

That said, I think it would be pretty lame to have a reporter to bent on making her career that she shoots a cop and a retired FBI agent.

I'll be curious to see how long the writers drag out Trinity... I think they had Dexter engaging him too early... we'll see.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #308
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
I'll be curious to see how long the writers drag out Trinity... I think they had Dexter engaging him too early... we'll see.
I disagree, I think they will have Dexter learn from Trinity. I love the interaction between Dexter and Trinity.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #309
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I disagree, I think they will have Dexter learn from Trinity. I love the interaction between Dexter and Trinity.
Exactly. Dexter is already learning from Trinity on how to keep his 2 lives separate but still distinct.

Van I think you completely and totally missed the point of my post. A lot of the posters here seem to think that everything has to have a twist and some sort of surprise. I'm not saying that Trinity HAD to kill Lundy but it makes sense. My post had nothing to do with the quality of Dexter but the way the show works. The writers use things like Dexter lying to Rita and their relationship falling apart to help Dexter learn from Trinity. Nothing devious or surprising. Same with Trinity killing Lundy. If he hadn't have done so Dexter wouldn't have caught Trinity or checked Lundy's tapes or files. It isn't some giant conspiracy/cliff hanger as you guys suggest, it is just the writers finding ways to advance the plot.

It threw off the other cops, gave Dexter an idea of who did it and gave him a headstart on finding and killing Trinity.

Much like 6 Feet Under, where each death at the beginning of each episode represented a theme for the episode, Dexter has been largely the same way this season. Trinity's life and Dexter's life have been intertwined thematically.

I think there is something to Quinn and the reporter but I'm not sure what exactly. I still think he's going to slip and she'll betray him and it'll somehow effect Dexter hunting Trinity and possibly even Deb's relationship with Quinn.

Last edited by flip; 11-02-2009 at 03:11 PM.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #310
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm curious why Trinity needed help picking out his hammer last episode. He's been building houses for years so I'm sure he knew what would be the best tool for the job.

And each season has had a theme that was about Dexter finding someone who could he could relate to - brother, lover, friend, mentor.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #311
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post

Sure there is. I can think of reasons. Causing suspense among fans and discussions like this is a reason.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #312
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am debating whether or not Dexter will let Trinity go at the end. He is so much like Dexter... Even more so then his Brother was in the first season.

Two sub plots remain unresolved here Debra/Harry Quinn/Reporter. I think one of these will tie in to Lundy's death. I don't think Trinity would kill outside his pattern even to protect himself. He is a methodical killer not an irrational one. He would have also destryed more of Lundi's evidence if it was him.

My out there thought is that is was one of the past CI's and Deb was the actual target not Lundy.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #313
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Trinity killed Lundy.

Also, I'd like to thank Trinity for showing Dexter how to live with his "dark passenger", somewhat out in the open, Because now Rita can stop being such an annoying Bee-Awtch!!!.

As for the argument that Rita's behaviour was different in the past because she was abused by her ex, B.S!!!......Rita's behaviour has changed because Dexter backed down everytime she pushed him. Give em' an inch, and They'll take a mile!

The whole "who killed Lundy" thing is begining to make me nervous. Some people feel strongly that it wasn't Trinity. If this turns out to be true I'll be disappointed because Dexter has never really been about tacky soap opera style twists. Yes there have been "twists" in past episodes, but not the type I just described. As Flip mentioned, If Lundy's killer turns out to be Anton or an equally preposterous character, It will also be the last "Dexter" I watch.

***That reporter, although a bit of a "butter face", is a great addtition to the show!!
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #314
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

But it doesn't make sense for Trinity to have killed Lundy with a gun. It is completely against his MO. The third victim doesn't appear to have anything special about him other then being a male so if Trinity was going to kill Lundy he should have been the Bludgen Victim and could have been lured by the prospect of Catching Trinity.

I think as a viewer you should be just as upset if Trinity killed Lundy so uncreatively then if another character did it.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #315
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well I guess you guys are smarter than Dexter because HE thinks it was Trinity. All this analyzing of Trinity's MO is so ridiculous.

Trinity is smart and has shown that he can adapt and is good at playing normal. He doesn't fit the stereotype of a serial killer with a specific MO.

Furthermore, it makes sense for Trinity to be SMART enough to break his habbit and kill Lundy because Trinity KNEW Lundy was the cop on his case and saw Lundy staking out the big building where Trinity murdered the guy with the hammer.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trinity killed Lundy. To say he shouldn't have or couldn't have is preposterous.

That isn't to say that it can't be someone else but if it is there better be a damn good explanation. At the outside chance it could be but it wouldn't make a lick of sense. However it is NOT the reporter, Anton or anyone else that we are familiar with, that would just be stupid. If it was someone we aren't familiar with then why shoot to kill with Lundy and not with Deb? Why make it look like the Vacation murders? Since it cannot be Anton or the reporter and certainly isn't anyone else on the show that we know then who the hell else could it be but Trinity?

He's the only guy smart enough to know to cover it up, to know to kill Lundy but not care about killing Deb and the only guy with motive to do it.

I think some of you guys are reading WAY too much into the mystery of Dexter (show, not character) and are completely missing some wonderful characterization and themes that have been not-so-subtly placed in this season's episodes. Stop thinking about all the crazy ass conspiracy theories and appreciate the tie-ins with the writing of the show and how Dexter is always that close to being caught but seems to catch the lucky breaks. Also, how each character is slowly evolving and the juxtaposition of the villains in the show to the main characters.

It may not be the greatest show in the history of television but Dexter is certainly clever and a little deeper than some of you are giving it credit for. Simply watching this show for the next big surprise is short sighted IMO.

Last edited by flip; 11-02-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #316
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would Dexter break his MO and kill an inocent person to stop himself from getting caught. (In some ways he did by letting Doakes die but he justified it by saying he didn;t kill him.) I don't think Dexter does so I don't think Trinity does either as the show is trying to show them as the same.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #317
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Would Dexter break his MO and kill an inocent person to stop himself from getting caught. (In some ways he did by letting Doakes die but he justified it by saying he didn;t kill him.) I don't think Dexter does so I don't think Trinity does either as the show is trying to show them as the same.
So what exactly is Trinity's MO then? (semi-rhetorical question, I know what it is but I think you have it mixed up) Making him analogous to Dexter doesn't simply mean that they are exactly the same in every way. Furthermore what does Dexter killing an innocent person have to do with Trinity? They clearly are similar but don't have the same moral standards.

If Trinity's MO is to recreate his family's murders, and kill INNOCENT people all the time, what does that have to do with Dexter not killing innocent people?

Trinity has been established as two faced and very intelligent. He is the master of covering up his crimes (the hands for houses or whatever) and still maintaining a normal life and family.

How is it not part of his MO to kill someone who might disrupt that? He isn't a standard serial killer. If someone is going to end his cycle and prevent him from being able to continue killing, then there is no reason to suspect that Trinity won't try and stop them. Just like he did with Lundy.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #318
Jables16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
I wish people wouldn't post stuff from IMDB... or at least post it in white. Everyone knows they can get "advanced scouting" by looking on that site, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to read it here.

I'm not totally convinced it's Trinity that killed Lundy either for some of the reasons you laid out. With Lundy/Anton's storyline being removed, the Dexter/Rita conflict looking to have been resolved, and the Bautista and LaGuarta affair being "over", it looks like the secondary storyline is going to be the reporter and Quinn. There are too many episodes left this season to not have a secondary story.

That said, I think it would be pretty lame to have a reporter to bent on making her career that she shoots a cop and a retired FBI agent.

Not to be insulting but I just can't see it being Anton at all. Reading a few other places people were convinced it was just the vacation killers because it was the same MO but that is obviously just the killer's intent to divert attention from himself.

For it to be Anton just seems too hokey and it seems as though if he had actually just caught Deb cheating it would be more of a crime of passion sort of thing and not executed so well as to look like the vaction murderers. Also I'm pretty sure he would have killed Deb and not just Lundy. The target of the attack was clearly Lundy as he was shot three times.

There are a few reasons you can safely say it was Trinity. The importance of ritual, which is indicated by the "Denver Omlette Scene" in Dirty Harry and which Harry directly points out suggest that he would do anything to keep Lundy from interrupting him. Anonymity and secrecy is another big reason for his success, hence using a method such as this to eliminate his threat without appearing on the radar or even being considered as a suspect.

Also, having Trinity be the shooter who hits Deb as well brings Dexter into the storyline. Dexter was doing anything possible to avoid Lundy, for obvious reasons, to the point that he doesn't make Trinity a priority whatsoever while he is around. But with Lundy out of the way and Deb being wounded this brings Dexter into the storyline in a big way becoming personally invested in getting revenge. This leads to his pursuit of Trinity his discovery that they are more similar than he would've imagined and thus the theme of the season "Can Dexter have it all"? If you'll recall he also tends to shy away from suspects under greater police scrutiny. In Season 3 Dexter hardly gives the Skinner a second thought until he's laying on his table.

It just makes too much narrative sense for it not to be Trinity as the shooter, and as you mention Dexter is a tremendously well written show and it just doesn't make sense for them to make Anton the shooter. He's given no indication in the past that he's capable of such and Deb saved him from torture and certain death not too long ago. Plus Deb has already been through the "my boyfriend betrayed and tried to kill me" spiel before and there's no need to rehash it, which she almost certainly would if there were eventually a big reveal of Anton as the shooter somewhere down the road. I see Deb being motivated by the incident to delve more deeply into her past to learn about herself, which brings back her investigation of Laura Moser and finally her possible discovery of Dexter's Dark Passenger.

Last edited by Jables16; 11-02-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Jables16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jables16 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #319
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip View Post
So what exactly is Trinity's MO then? (semi-rhetorical question, I know what it is but I think you have it mixed up) Making him analogous to Dexter doesn't simply mean that they are exactly the same in every way. Furthermore what does Dexter killing an innocent person have to do with Trinity? They clearly are similar but don't have the same moral standards.

If Trinity's MO is to recreate his family's murders, and kill INNOCENT people all the time, what does that have to do with Dexter not killing innocent people?

Trinity has been established as two faced and very intelligent. He is the master of covering up his crimes (the hands for houses or whatever) and still maintaining a normal life and family.

How is it not part of his MO to kill someone who might disrupt that? He isn't a standard serial killer. If someone is going to end his cycle and prevent him from being able to continue killing, then there is no reason to suspect that Trinity won't try and stop them. Just like he did with Lundy.
Dexter killing an Innocent would be breaking his MO. Trinity killing outside of the 3 would be breaking his MO.

Trinity in the first episode feels guilty and dirty after killing. He doesn't do it lightly or without planning. It is carefully scouted and methodically carried out looking for the right victim and the right location. Trinity doesn't kill because he likes to kill he kills like Dexter because he has to kill.

I don't see how Lundy fits and if he wanted to Kill Lundy he would have been the Bludgen victim. Anyway based on my view of who trinity is he wouldn't kill Lundy and is Dexter like in that he only kills because he has to rather than icebox who enjoyed it or Smitts who killed for revenge/personal gain.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:04 PM   #320
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, there are some very emotional responses to the various theories. I don't care for the idle threats about 'last episode I'll ever watch' if the killer turns out to be anyone but Trinity. Why do we have to hold entertainment to an unattainable standard now? It's a great show. Better than 95% of what is on TV these days. Just seems silly to threaten to stop watching if things go a way you might not like.

That said, it is not Anton. I'm not sold that it is Trinity either. It is completely out of his 'character'. Someone said he didn't fit the stereotype of a serial killer. Completely false, IMO. He has to make his kills happen a certain way and at a certain time. He's compelled to a pattern. That's the stereotype to a tee IMO.

Besides, Lundy had no idea who he was until Trinity bumped into him purposefully. I think he was enjoying the chase and wanted to get close to the guy that was hunting him.