Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #3061
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
That's what they need, more politicians!
Old 09-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #3062
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

This isn't just a bad look for Republicans, but the Dem numbers are ridiculous too.

It's a conspiracy theory. It's not real. Why are Americans falling for this garbage?????

https://twitter.com/user/status/1301242419514494976
Old 09-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #3063
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Remember the good old days of Flat Earthers being the most ridiculous conspiracy theory group?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #3064
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
This isn't just a bad look for Republicans, but the Dem numbers are ridiculous too.

It's a conspiracy theory. It's not real. Why are Americans falling for this garbage?????

https://twitter.com/user/status/1301242419514494976
A little more detail on the answers here.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1301248738795696131
Old 09-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #3065
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Remember the good old days of Flat Earthers being the most ridiculous conspiracy theory group?
We didn't quash them fast enough. Those Flat Earthers metastasized into their own propaganda network reaching tens of millions more people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #3066
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I'm working on bringing someone across the border with my company right now. We are US based, but with a few people in Canada now. This particular candidate is going to get paid a very healthy wage, as they possess some highly specialized skills, but now they are going to pay taxes and participate in the local economy of Canada/Calgary.

His main reason for moving is the uncertainty of his visa situation in the US, despite living there for nearly a decade. He'd prefer not to live in a barren snowy wasteland, but hopefully he'll learn to love it, just as the last person I did the exact same thing with.

We should have government programs to help expedite exactly these kinds of workers moving across and assisting with legal and logistical matters. Also partnering with a PEO to help make it seamless for US employers looking to near shore to Canada would seem prudent.
All are welcome to this land.

As long as you are highly skilled, tolerant, and not a racist bigot ####.
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #3067
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
A little more detail on the answers here.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1301248738795696131
I pretty sure most of the respondents who believe QAnon is true are responding to the Deep State part of the question.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #3068
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a few weeks of not a lot of polling, a bunch of live call polls have come in, several switching to the likely voter model instead of the registered voter model and...this race continues to track as being boring as ####. Biden's lead basically steady or even slightly ticking up. Really does feel like there isn't much that could change the race at this point. We'll see how effective the GOP cheating machine is.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:30 PM   #3069
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

Not so sure about this.

1. Why are people moving to the cities? Too much emphasis on education and white-collar jobs?

2. On the flip side, if work from home becomes normalized, less people would move to the city. So if they're projecting 2040 trends on today's data, I could see this as a big change. You can't assume the same dynamics all the time, look how much the Republicans and Democrats have changed in the last 10-20 years. Democrats had 57 Senate seats in 2008. That would seem impossible now.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #3070
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
One thing I've noticed over the last few weeks is that Biden has been much more put together in his speeches and when answering questions from reporters. Compared to 6 months to a year ago where I also felt that his old age seemed to be obvious, he currently looks much better and is no longer getting lost in his train of thought or stumbling (not stutter related) while speaking.

I know it disappoints Trump and Bernie/Progressive supporters as that was one of their big ha ha's about Biden, but that's what I've observed. I wonder if it was simply a lack of being involved in these types of activities regularly and at his age, the mind slows down quickly in those scenarios, but now that he's back in this in full force, he's come back up to speed to where he was before.
Uhhh...sure. This was from 2 days ago:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/joe-bi...us-death-toll/

Quote:
“Do you really feel safer under Donald Trump? COVID has taken this year, just since the outbreak, has taken more than 100 years. Look, the lives, when you think about it, more lives this year than any other year for the past 100 years,” Biden said
It's not egregious by any means, but he's certainly still struggling putting his thoughts together.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #3071
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Biden Word salad on a bad Biden day is still better than then Trump word salad on a good Trump day. Biden at least got his point across. Trump goes into completely meaningless tangents that don’t make a lick of sense.

And hell the other day I couldn’t get the words “we need penalty killer [teammate name] to show up tonight”. (Really drunk teammate one time could barely skate but damn did he kill penalties well). My thoughts were moving faster than my tongue. Tongue got confused etc. It happens.

person woman man camera tv.
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 05:29 PM   #3072
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
We should have government programs to help expedite exactly these kinds of workers moving across and assisting with legal and logistical matters. Also partnering with a PEO to help make it seamless for US employers looking to near shore to Canada would seem prudent.
NAFTA, at least before it was renegotiated, made it relatively easy for cross-border professional workers, but I don’t know what the current situation is.

I will say, though, that Canada needs to drop a lot of it’s protectionist policies if it wants to recruit more US workers, particularly in the medical and legal fields. It is, for example, far easier for a Canadian-barred lawyer to get licensed in a US jurisdiction than it is for a lawyer barred in a US jurisdiction to get called to the bar in a Canadian one.
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyIlliterate For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 05:57 PM   #3073
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
NAFTA, at least before it was renegotiated, made it relatively easy for cross-border professional workers, but I don’t know what the current situation is.

I will say, though, that Canada needs to drop a lot of it’s protectionist policies if it wants to recruit more US workers, particularly in the medical and legal fields. It is, for example, far easier for a Canadian-barred lawyer to get licensed in a US jurisdiction than it is for a lawyer barred in a US jurisdiction to get called to the bar in a Canadian one.

We have too many lawyers in Canada anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob-loblaw For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #3074
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-loblaw View Post
We have too many lawyers in Canada anyway.
I wasn't going to post it but I admit to thinking it
Old 09-02-2020, 07:00 PM   #3075
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Trump asking people to commit a felony.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1301319038103060480
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #3076
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
Biden Word salad on a bad Biden day is still better than then Trump word salad on a good Trump day. Biden at least got his point across. Trump goes into completely meaningless tangents that don’t make a lick of sense.

And hell the other day I couldn’t get the words “we need penalty killer [teammate name] to show up tonight”. (Really drunk teammate one time could barely skate but damn did he kill penalties well). My thoughts were moving faster than my tongue. Tongue got confused etc. It happens.

person woman man camera tv.
He was ranting about soup the other day. Soup.

If that's not early signs of Alzheimer's, I don't know what is.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #3077
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
1. Why are people moving to the cities? Too much emphasis on education and white-collar jobs?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #3078
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post

Why would we want dis-barred US lawyers practicing here? Seems to be an odd complaint.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:02 PM   #3079
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post

It's not egregious by any means, but he's certainly still struggling putting his thoughts together.
Pretty amazing. After all that grinding one would think your axe would be dulled right down to a tiny nub but there you are still fighting the good fight.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #3080
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post

Yeah but one guy doesn't think racism even exists