Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #3061
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_amonte View Post
Not sports media but where has Krys Stewart on Cjay disappeared too! Always liked listening to her during the Rinthol show

Bell layoffs about a couple months. She was a casualty, as were a few in Edmonton. More to come.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:48 AM   #3062
Chi-Town Hustler
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

But where is pinder? Not that I miss him. Just curious.
Chi-Town Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:12 AM   #3063
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Pinder, I hope he is still around.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2022, 07:20 AM   #3064
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

With Rogers a fan of cutting costs when & where they can with radio/talent I do wonder how long it is before they wise up to the value they get from Warrener on radio? Seems like they pay him a lot to be on the air very little. Doesn't really jive with how they run things or have been running things of late.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:23 AM   #3065
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ do you know how much he is getting paid? i'd be curious at the number, but maybe it is not as much as we think. what else is he going to do where he only works for what 9 mons per year and maybe 6 hrs per day?
Old 01-07-2022, 07:41 AM   #3066
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I like Pinder, I hope he is still around.
If he is gone that would be a huge loss.

If they cut any on air personality that is not Will Nault I will have a hard time tuning into that station. It is painful in the afternoons with Logan, Riley, Nault, Rose. All of these guys are duds.

Pinder, Steinberg, Boomer (sometimes) is the extent of their good talent in my opinion

Maybe some of these other guys are just too green and will improve but I would be happy if I never had to hear Will Naults voice on the radio again.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2022, 07:46 AM   #3067
hixxes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Given what's happening in the city right now, chances are he's off with a sore throat.
To be shot down in Flames!

hixxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:03 AM   #3068
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

It sounds like Steinberg is moving on, and not just time slots.

Yesterday at the end of his segment with Adnan, Pat took time to say its been good working with him for the last 7 years or so and Adnan had good things to say about Pat as a broadcaster etc etc.

Pat then said to tune in today at 2:30 to find out the whole story of what all that just meant - that'll be a big loss unfortunately.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #3069
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
It sounds like Steinberg is moving on, and not just time slots.

Yesterday at the end of his segment with Adnan, Pat took time to say its been good working with him for the last 7 years or so and Adnan had good things to say about Pat as a broadcaster etc etc.

Pat then said to tune in today at 2:30 to find out the whole story of what all that just meant - that'll be a big loss unfortunately.
If SN960 has lost both Pinder and Pat, really not much reason to listen anymore.
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Hendog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2022, 08:10 AM   #3070
hixxes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Woah, missed that with Pat. That will be a huge blow to the station if he leaves.
To be shot down in Flames!

hixxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #3071
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yesterday Boomer said something about Pinder pulling an Antonio Brown... And they still ran the Pinder report, He has been active on his Twitter and hasn't updated anything on there which is usually the sign of "changes". Never heard about Pat. Maybe Pinder goes to afternoons if Pat is leaving?

EDIT: Boomer is working from home this week, so COVID protocol could very well be in effect.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:15 AM   #3072
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Yesterday Boomer said something about Pinder pulling an Antonio Brown... And they still ran the Pinder report, He has been active on his Twitter and hasn't updated anything on there which is usually the sign of "changes". Never heard about Pat. Maybe Pinder goes to afternoons if Pat is leaving?
Seems like they would have to shift Pinder to the afternoon to save that already struggling show.

Will Nault should not be the lead on any show on SN960.

Side note, what happened to Peter Klein? I thought he was alright on the morning show with Boomer and Rhett. Maybe didn't keep the focus on sports as well as Pinder but seemed like they developed good chemistry.
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:22 AM   #3073
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For whatever reason, Klein got laid off a round or two ago, and Nault remains.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:25 AM   #3074
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
Seems like they would have to shift Pinder to the afternoon to save that already struggling show.

Will Nault should not be the lead on any show on SN960.

Side note, what happened to Peter Klein? I thought he was alright on the morning show with Boomer and Rhett. Maybe didn't keep the focus on sports as well as Pinder but seemed like they developed good chemistry.
I really liked when Pinder and Steinberg were together in the afternoon. That was a huge turning point with me for Pat. I started to become a fan and thought he and Pinder had good chemistry. It was painful when Nault took things personally and get into heated arguments with Pinder who would keep his composure as Nault was clearly rattled.

Klein got cut several months ago and I believe is doing his own podcast now. (Virk mentioned he was a guest on it). I liked Klein but it sure seemed like once an hour you would have 5-10 seconds of silence and then “whoops forgot I was on mute”
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:27 AM   #3075
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd take 10 seconds of Klein on mute over Nault or Gordon any day.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2022, 08:32 AM   #3076
talladega.25
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I really appreciate the personality of each member at the station. I have listened to the morning show and afternoon show pretty much everyday for the last 5 years.

The morning show has become one of the worst shows in all of sports (hard to fathom considering YYC is one of the largest sports markets in Canada). Like if they don't get a guest on, rip for the content.

I just recently got a new truck and it came with SXM sat radio. I tune into the NHL channel on my commute every morning and that has easily become my go to. The content, guests, quality, insight, and professionalism blows the 960's morning show out of the water. I tune into the afternoon show on the 960 on my drive home because I like Pat. Nault, Gordon, and the other guys are less than ideal.
talladega.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:44 AM   #3077
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ do you know how much he is getting paid? i'd be curious at the number, but maybe it is not as much as we think. what else is he going to do where he only works for what 9 mons per year and maybe 6 hrs per day?
I don't know the number but its been referenced (mocked occasionally) and my guess is its substantially more than the average radio host gets which should put him squarely in Rogers' radar for cuts IMO.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #3078
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I don't know the number but its been referenced (mocked occasionally) and my guess is its substantially more than the average radio host gets which should put him squarely in Rogers' radar for cuts IMO.
Call me crazy, but if I was Rogers I'd cut out 75% of the random guys in a suit that they show during the intermission and keep radio guys.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #3079
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Pinder is in covid protocol....really dont think Steinburg is going anywhere, but you never know.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #3080
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talladega.25 View Post
I really appreciate the personality of each member at the station. I have listened to the morning show and afternoon show pretty much everyday for the last 5 years.

The morning show has become one of the worst shows in all of sports (hard to fathom considering YYC is one of the largest sports markets in Canada). Like if they don't get a guest on, rip for the content.

I just recently got a new truck and it came with SXM sat radio. I tune into the NHL channel on my commute every morning and that has easily become my go to. The content, guests, quality, insight, and professionalism blows the 960's morning show out of the water. I tune into the afternoon show on the 960 on my drive home because I like Pat. Nault, Gordon, and the other guys are less than ideal.
It depends if you want a sports show or a comedy show for sports people. The main difference is that Steinberg knows his stuff and Boomer knows nothing.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote