Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #3061
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thought the game was supposed to be on CBC, it says Women’s field hockey on my guide. Will it be on the CBC sports website or on One Soccer?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #3062
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
I thought the game was supposed to be on CBC, it says Women’s field hockey on my guide. Will it be on the CBC sports website or on One Soccer?

Tape delay
Old 11-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #3063
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well that’s disappointing. Field hockey over a national championship game? God I hate the CBC.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
Old 11-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #3064
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I must say that I find 'We are the Clop' rather clever.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #3065
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Are you ****ing kidding me, it's on tape delay?
Old 11-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #3066
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just put on CBC and it’s a field hockey game!
Old 11-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #3067
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Why did they advertise it all week as being played live? They must have known they were doing this, no?
Old 11-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #3068
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have been a sports fan my entire life, and although I’ve had my fair share of disappointing outcomes, I’ve never accused the leagues I follow of being fixed. But this is the most blatant preferential treatment I’ve ever seen in sports.

The CanPL is a corrupt circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #3069
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was prepared for match fixing, I could tell when they moved the side boards so the fans couldn’t see the sidelines that the fix was in, but I still thought the boys could overcome.

Just gutted and disgusted. I hope Bob Young enjoys his fake trophy.

Last edited by Thunderball; 11-02-2019 at 04:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #3070
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am absolutely heart broken. I could cry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #3071
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavs dominated the league in the Spring and Fall seasons, and also this game. Cavs are the real champs and it's not even in question.

Thank you for such an awesome season Cavs. I'm buying season tickets for sure.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #3072
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Cavs played ugly direct highway 1 soccer all game long and mid was invisible.
Too bad but great season.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #3073
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Cavs played ugly direct highway 1 soccer all game long and mid was invisible.
Too bad but great season.
Predictable play was a bit of a problem, but you could tell they were playing to snag one goal and play safe.

Really unlucky finishing too, but so hard to keep momentum when the other team is allowed to roll on the field and time waste. Let alone that botched penalty call.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:31 PM   #3074
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So much sadness.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #3075
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Tough two legs. Just couldn't generate enough chances and those that we did we just couldn't finish.

I had to watch the game at home and the panel was clear that winning both the spring and fall tables should mean something. Jeff Paulus mentioned that the scenario they were nervous about when the championship final format was announced was exactly what happened; one team winning both the spring and fall. I see it almost as we are the league winners and Forge are the CPL cup champions.

Last edited by ditty; 11-02-2019 at 04:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ditty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #3076
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the bright side... 5800 in attendance today. As long as people don’t give up on the dodgy league, soccer definitely has a future here.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #3077
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

You'll never be able to convince me that last weekend wasn't the a scrww job it was. That ball was out, as Minatel and the ref saw from the one angle that we saw on TV, and Buscher 12 inches from the ball. Whether they stopped or not, it's because hey figure the rules of the game will apply, and the ref didn't have the balls to call it out.

Today, they had the set pieces over and over despite all the unconventional direct route play they played almost from the start, but couldn't convert. We likely stumbled into some of the tire marks from the bus that was in the Forge box, too. Forge wanted nothing to do with scoring a goal from the outset.

Borges kicked out again in the sequence in the Cavs corner around the 75th minute. Not sure if TV caught it, they certianly wouldn't have replayed it. A backward kick about knee height which just missed the Cavs player. Linesman looking right at it and was intimidated or something. An absolute joke he was on the field to begin with, and flopped all over the place. He will get his sooner than later.

League got the Finals winner it wanted in a disgusting display of year long rules changing, favourtism, bowing down to the CSA, and a terrible display of football in this match and last one as well. Hopefully a USL chant went up during the trophy presentation, we didn't stick around long enough for that.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #3078
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

So many thoughts from today. First and foremost, the Cavalry are really a classy and professional organization. The players played their hearts out today and while they didn't have the finishing required, they gave it a great effort. I thought they were clearly dominant and just couldn't bury their few chances they managed to create.

Forge are just the total opposite. Classless, and embarrassing for the league. When they "won" they took it upon themselves to taunt the fans, which is just garbage. And Henry was absolutely embarrassing for a professional athlete today. The ref ought to have stepped in and dealt with him earlier, but it was deplorable. I could type for a long while on all of his pathetic actions today, but the worst was his treatment of the ball girl. The man is just shameful.

And I guess I should also say that the ref was a joke. It was ongoing bias, everything from quick cards on Cavalry infractions to seemingly endless warnings for Forge players. He pointed for a foul where we were supposed to have the ball, and somehow the kick went the other way. Then Borges was down for however long to kill the clock (which they did relentlessly through the entire game), and he didn't leave the field? It was basically exactly the farce you would have expected. Forge were never in this game, and committed cynical fouls and wasted time throughout. The ref for his part did nothing to take control of that and just allowed that stupidity to continue for the entire match.

I found it a frustrating conclusion to an excellent season for the Cavs. I don't even mean that because we lost. I can handle losing when a team is outplayed or simply loses to a better team. That's not what happened here though.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #3079
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh and I did enjoy when Mavila kicked the ball into Borges face! I was completely against him being on the field, aside from that!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #3080
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I think it is for the best that that joke of a match never made it onto CBC. Because Hamilton's behaviour was embarrassing. So much time wasting, so much diving and acting, and so little interest in actually playing. And, as we all predicted, the referee both rewarded them for that, and then became the story in the dying seconds on what very well could have been a Cavalry penalty.

What really frustrates me, however, is that we still should have won today. It's easy to focus on how Bob Young's team in Bob Young's league under the supervision of Bob Young's national association bought the trophy Bob Young expected to be given from the outset. But we were just god awful inside the box. I can think of one, maybe two plays where a ball put into the 18 yard box was either on target, or where a player got to the ball. We beat ourselves as much as anything else. And that makes the way such a great season ended just that much worse.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge