Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2023, 07:22 PM   #3021
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Who built their roof? Fuzz?

"Almost done...."
I'll have you know it only leaked in 3 places! And that's only because I let my construction worker friend overrule me. He was not a roofer.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:24 PM   #3022
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...rpass_5_st_sw/

And here we have a bunch of people who really shouldn't ever drive a vehicle. WTF are they doing???
Old 06-29-2023, 07:29 PM   #3023
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

And here we have a bunch of people who really shouldn't ever drive a vehicle. WTF are they doing???
Okay, now we can bring back the R word.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:04 PM   #3024
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Looks like a flash flood in the underpass that the motorists weren't aware of until they started down the slope and now they need to get turned around to find another route. Not surprising that it is a bit chaotic. You should really relax a bit and tone down your criticism of people that are stuck in potentially stressful situations.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2023, 08:12 PM   #3025
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Looks like a flash flood in the underpass that the motorists weren't aware of until they started down the slope and now they need to get turned around to find another route. Not surprising that it is a bit chaotic. You should really relax a bit and tone down your criticism of people that are stuck in potentially stressful situations.
You're right. Avoiding a puddle is some high level stress for these urban motorists.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:13 PM   #3026
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Ahh, we've located the driver of the SUV on the bike lane.

They could back straight up. They could not turn around like morons. The several in the intersection aren't even dealing with anything, they are just kinda of flailing about. No, no, it is them who are wrong. No wonder we have so many accidents and high insurance rates. People can't drive anymore. Have you watched what happens when emergency vehicles need to get through? Most people just freeze up. They have no clue. If you can't handle it you shouldn't be driving. A bit of heavy rain isn't stressful, it's time to pay attention and make smart decisions.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:16 PM   #3027
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't see anything wrong with that. What are you going to do if the entire tunnel is flooded? wait there for 4 hours?

unlike my stupid coworker a few years back, who drove his scv into a flooded part of glenmore by Chinook. Nope he didn't make it... lol
Old 06-29-2023, 08:22 PM   #3028
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
You're right. Avoiding a puddle is some high level stress for these urban motorists.
A puddle lol. You would drive through it? haha
Old 06-29-2023, 08:34 PM   #3029
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Was caught in a tunnel for 40 minutes on my bike ride south of the the Zoo. We were getting wet halfway down the long tunnel as wind was driving the rain inside.

When we could leave manholes had water shooting out of them like geysers. Branches were down all along the bike path. Water was pouring off Calf Robe bridge.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2023, 08:37 PM   #3030
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Lots of baby tooth sized hail in NW.
Babies don’t have teeth.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:40 PM   #3031
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got back from a walk in the Beltline and into Mission by Lindsay Park. They got that 5th Ave underpass drained pretty quick, cars were getting through it fine by the time I got there. Fire trucks / crew were still on the scene but seemed to be wrapping up.

Saw a couple felled trees (that fell in very fortunate spots, given the amount of vehicles around it) and lots of branches, that's pretty intense out there. Feels super humid outside now.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:44 PM   #3032
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That video of Craft isn't an interior space, it's an enclosed patio probably not leaking roof, but some overflowing eavestroughs the rain appears to be contained to the parameter of the bar counter, not onto the electronics...
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:01 PM   #3033
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Babies don’t have teeth.

What do you call pre-adult teeth? Toddler teeth?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 10:21 PM   #3034
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

You call them fing sharp, it HURTS when they bite you.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:50 PM   #3035
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
What do you call pre-adult teeth? Toddler teeth?
This is an old inside joke for me - years ago I was cross-examining a doctor on whether an infant had any signs of brittle bone disease. One of the tells is discoloured teeth. When I asked the doctor he replied “babies don’t have teeth.” The courtroom erupted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2023, 07:06 AM   #3036
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Today’s forecast is calling for some pretty strong storms across much of AB.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 07:19 AM   #3037
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ahh, we've located the driver of the SUV on the bike lane.

They could back straight up. They could not turn around like morons. The several in the intersection aren't even dealing with anything, they are just kinda of flailing about. No, no, it is them who are wrong. No wonder we have so many accidents and high insurance rates. People can't drive anymore. Have you watched what happens when emergency vehicles need to get through? Most people just freeze up. They have no clue. If you can't handle it you shouldn't be driving. A bit of heavy rain isn't stressful, it's time to pay attention and make smart decisions.
It's insane the reactions you get when you throw any sort of unknown into someone's driving. Trying to get through with lights and sirens is bad enough, but even just something as simple as a closed lane is too much for people to handle. Where a normal person just automatically goes "Oh, I need to move over" a surprisingly large amount of people just stop. And sit there. And just can't figure out what their next move should be, or even better are the ones that sit there and flash their high beams like that's going to do anything other than piss me off.

Just last week I had a delivery driver absolutely lose his #### and try to tell me what I was doing was illegal, because the pizza he was delivering was going to be cold and he HAD to get through. Didn't stop arguing with me until the cops came over and said they'd give him a harassment ticket if he didn't piss off

I could go on and on but tldr, yeah, I'm not surprised people just shut down and panic because the underpass was flooded. Flashing lights and cones are hard enough for these people, but water? I'm surprised they didn't just give up on life right then and there
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2023, 07:56 AM   #3038
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was out in the Jeep last night, and because it is summer I just have the bikini top on. In my defense, it only said 30% chance of rain when we left the house. We stopped to do some shopping on 1St SW and it went biblical pretty quick. Waited it out for a while, by the time we got back to Jeep there was a few inches of water in the footwells. Thank goodness for drain plugs. On the upside, we could ford the flooding on Macleod pretty easily on the way home. Hopefully we get some sunny weather this weekend as I need to pull all my carpets to dry them out.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 08:12 AM   #3039
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Was out in the Jeep last night, and because it is summer I just have the bikini top on. In my defense, it only said 30% chance of rain when we left the house. We stopped to do some shopping on 1St SW and it went biblical pretty quick. Waited it out for a while, by the time we got back to Jeep there was a few inches of water in the footwells. Thank goodness for drain plugs. On the upside, we could ford the flooding on Macleod pretty easily on the way home. Hopefully we get some sunny weather this weekend as I need to pull all my carpets to dry them out.
It's basically a requirement to check the WMI radar any afternoon you go out these days. The forecasts mean nothing, and could apply to one quadrant of the city only.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2023, 08:21 AM   #3040
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

8am and it’s pretty warm and extremely humid out there. When did I move to Florida?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote