Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #281
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
and though i don't think it'll happen, i would like the family man image shattered. i liked it better when he lived on his own, with no other responsibilities that took away from the kill. that's one thing the show has really lacked compared to the first season, it was very interesting to see Dexter identify a target, stalk his prey, then go in for the kill. it would be nice if they could get back to that
HAH! i just watched last weeks episode, and talk about getting what you want. that episode was EXACTLY what i hoped it would be from the moment Dexter was watching that female cop at the shooting range. i put that kill as my second favorite right behind the gigantic latino he took out in season 2. and wow talk about a killer ending, i don't think any show does the whole "WTF what that!?" angle better than Dexter, such awesome writing

i'm gonna go ahead and say that this ranks up with one of their best episodes ever, it was pretty much flawless
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #282
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
My call is that he is murdering people that remind him of his family.

Sister (maybe a slut, that is the reason for killing a coed who lives alone)
Mother (Killed herself by jumping off a roof)
Father (abusive, that is why he made sure the guy would hit him first)
I think the sister and mother are right, but I think the last one might be himself. He did let the guy that beat him up get away after all, and we haven't seen trinity stalking him since.

When he started yelling all those slurs at the guy outside the bar, I got the impression that's probably what his father did to him his whole life. And I'm guessing trinity probably just took as a kid, or ran off, so he was looking to kill someone that would have the same reaction; so he could erase the embarrassing memories and feelings of shame from the past.

I'm just guessing because the father thing seems obvious, so the writers may throw something like that in there as as twist.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #283
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched last week's episode. What a great one.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #284
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

Wow...enter Trinity's family...
evilcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #285
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quinn...first one at the scene. Hmmm!!

Call me suspicious.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #286
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Dex will work on this case personally, and will find a trail that leads him to Lithgows door, where they'll have much to talk about.
booya.

Trinity's influence will help smooth over Dexters personal life and we'll get more of dumb, happy rita.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #287
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not as good as the last episode but another good ending. Trinity bludgeoning the guy was brutal even though it was never really shown.

But you knew the Dexter-Trinity situation wasn't going to be resolved this episode. It's far too early in the season for that to happen.

My favourite part was Dexter's line about nothing to hide except the bone saw and syringes in the secret compartment.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #288
thesmugger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Rita is starting to make me raaaaaaaage! Dumb dumb is grilling Dexter hard.
Yet another great episode, my palms were sweating while watching the end there.
thesmugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #289
Razor Ruddock
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not nearly as good as last week's episode. We all knew he wasn't going to confront Trinity there and then, we'll have to wait until the season finale for that.

It's a good show but very predictable. They'll have to do something new next year, like have him start teaching his kids how to kill the way he does in the books. You can't get away with that on television though.
Razor Ruddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #290
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmugger View Post
Rita is starting to make me raaaaaaaage! Dumb dumb is grilling Dexter hard.
Yet another great episode, my palms were sweating while watching the end there.

I was thinking the same thing while watching the last episode. She also pissed me off in the episode prior to last nights.

It's funny, She used to be one of those women that just didn't want to get hurt, But!, she was also the type that "knew her place".

Suddenly she has become very controling, and wants to be the "Boss".
I keep waiting for Dexter to grow some Balls! when it comes to Rita, She's offering up ultimatums, hinting with threatening comments etc...When she speaks to Dexter with flared nostrils, she becomes quite ugly and even comes across as a bit hateful.

Last edited by Methanolic; 10-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #291
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ruddock View Post
Not nearly as good as last week's episode. We all knew he wasn't going to confront Trinity there and then, we'll have to wait until the season finale for that.

It's a good show but very predictable. They'll have to do something new next year, like have him start teaching his kids how to kill the way he does in the books. You can't get away with that on television though.

I think he'll be confronting Trinity next Sunday.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #292
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was impressed with the new Mrs. Hall's acting in this episode. As someone who has witnessed a couple of breakdowns in my time, I thought she was very convincing in the parking lot.

I'm not sure who took out Lundy yet.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #293
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
I was impressed with the new Mrs. Hall's acting in this episode. As someone who has witnessed a couple of breakdowns in my time, I thought she was very convincing in the parking lot.

I'm not sure who took out Lundy yet.

Yeah, That scene in the parking lot was very well acted by both!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #294
Razor Ruddock
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought it was terrible when she started crying. Terrible acting IMO.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #295
Methanolic
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I thought it was terrible when she started crying. Terrible acting IMO.

Sorry, But you must be crazy, That was extremely authentic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Methanolic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #296
Razor Ruddock
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah, maybe it's just me but I found it to be very awkward, almost cringeworthy.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #297
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, maybe it's just me but I found it to be very awkward, almost cringeworthy.
That's what it feels like when you see someone spiral into hopelessness actually.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #298
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

nevermind.....i lost my novel of a post.

Good episode.

Last edited by VANFLAMESFAN; 10-27-2009 at 12:13 AM.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #299
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sunday's really aren't complete without a Dexter episode.

I liked the Dexter v Trinity scenes. Really got into more of the character and we finally get to the bottom of why Trinity does what he does.

Thought the tool shed for Dexter's stuff was a bit hokey, but I can live with it.

People who were complaining about Rita from last episode probably didn't like her much in this one either. But the reasoning why people didn't like her was just silly. Because she's not a push over she's annoying?? Are you kidding?? She's no longer a push over because she no longer has her ex husband and her abuse in the back of her mind. She's moved on and is no longer vulnerable and won't be taken advantage of. Good on her!

I'm really starting to believe that Trinity didn't shoot Lundy and Deb. They keep on bringing it up that he did it. Just to throw the viewer for a loop, I think it's gonna be someone else. I really don't believe it's Trinity. How would he know where to find Lundy and Deb?? How would he know what hotel he was staying at?? If it turns out to be Lundy, I really hope they answer that question. I said from the get go, I believe Anton did the shooting.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #300
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Not sure what exactly you found hokey about the shed Van, they are for storing things after all.

I don't mind Rita, I just don't like how she whispers even when talking at regular volume. She has no loud voice.

There is no way Trinity didn't kill Lundy. I think a lot of you guys really misjudge Dexter. It really isn't the type of TV show to rely on ridiculous mysteries to keep things interesting. Anton couldn't have done it, he wouldn't have known to take the wallet and the watch so that it would look like a vacation murder. Even if he did, that would be preposterous. If for some stupid reason it is Anton I swear it'll be the last time I ever watch Dexter.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote