Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2023, 07:50 PM   #281
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

OOF Raptors. Can't convert a 19 point lead into a victory. How Flamesy of you.
Old 04-12-2023, 07:52 PM   #282
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not even hindsight to say they should have tanked, everyone knew Wembanyama was generational this time last year, and all he's done since is confirm he's going to be special. Horrific season all around, and with Nurse likely gone, and wouldn't shock me if Masai goes too, could be entering the roughest period for the franchise in a while. Still all good though, got the ring, all that matters.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:05 PM   #283
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It's not even hindsight to say they should have tanked, everyone knew Wembanyama was generational this time last year, and all he's done since is confirm he's going to be special. Horrific season all around, and with Nurse likely gone, and wouldn't shock me if Masai goes too, could be entering the roughest period for the franchise in a while. Still all good though, got the ring, all that matters.
If would be a kick to the nuts if Masai and Nurse both leave after trading a first for Poeltl instead of trading the expiring contracts and tanking.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:11 PM   #284
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That it would. I think we were all very annoyed with the deadline, even if you only got 70 cents on the dollar for guys like Fred and Gary, it offers you a short and long term path. Now next year you're basically stuck with a slightly worse version of this team, except you need to be way worse next year with only top six protection on that first the Spurs have. So now you might have to go full tank and sell guys for 40 cents on the dollar, and even that might not work with a lottery. Pretty grim times right now.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:13 PM   #285
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So apparently those 3 FTs at the end were the first trip to the line for MIN in the entire 2nd half? I didn't watch; how much referee bull#### was there in that game?
I was admittedly rooting for LA (or moreso MIN hilarious failure), but reffing didn't stand out at all...probably because every other possession ended with a turnover or wide open dunk instead of a contested shot attempt. KAT is a moron and could've easily been fouled out several times.

Let's go SGA.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:16 PM   #286
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
The Raptors remind me of the Flames: Both bubble teams all season, both decided not to sell at the trade deadline, and both will miss the playoffs
Yeah. It’s hard to get behind either team blindly when they’re not working hard enough or making smart plays or playing a style to get behind. Hopefully it’s a rebuild for both. Raptors I have more confidence in.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:17 PM   #287
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hold on, didn’t Masai signs deal last off-season? Where’s this rumour from that he’s on his way out too?
Old 04-12-2023, 08:22 PM   #288
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

The Raptors have generally done well the last few years considering the amount of talent that we lost after the championship, but it was pretty evident this year that there was a lack of high end talent on this team. I thought they would do better then this result, but the ceiling was always maybe winning a round.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:31 PM   #289
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Hold on, didn’t Masai signs deal last off-season? Where’s this rumour from that he’s on his way out too?
It's no rumour, just my opinion that I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave if Nurse goes.
Old 04-12-2023, 08:57 PM   #290
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It's no rumour, just my opinion that I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave if Nurse goes.
I personally don't think so. I think he's committed to the team for the foreseeable future, and based on his comments about not doing a deadline move because he can do just the same if not more in the off-season, I think he can manage around it. This is probably where he can pull something off too. There are pieces to deal. I think Fred and OG are done. We'll see who else also goes but there's no way those two are around. I'm hoping Siakam is also dealt this or next off-season because he could get a very good package based on name.
Old 04-13-2023, 01:07 AM   #291
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

A response to Demar's daughter constant screaming. This is hilarious. Some bad language.

savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 05:48 AM   #292
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
A response to Demar's daughter constant screaming. This is hilarious. Some bad language.

I was watching the game but the volume was down. What was going on with the screaming?
Old 04-13-2023, 06:35 AM   #293
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

DeRozan’s daughter was shrieking right behind the net when Raps players were shooting free throws. And then we proceeded to miss half our free throws.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:44 AM   #294
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

20+ point lead at one point. The Raps are constantly disappointing me. Sigh. Watched the game with friends at a bar, and the final 3-4 minutes were such a letdown.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 10:49 AM   #295
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really sounding like Nurse’s time in Toronto is done. It’s one thing to go out on a whimper but I don’t think he’s on good terms with management and the players. Great coach but I don’t know why NBA coaches tend to go out on bad terms or in such dramatic fashions. He clearly wants the Houston job. It’s a shame because he’s an outside the box thinker but it’s also been 10 years. Perhaps it is time for a change. Going to be a VERY interesting offseason.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:41 PM   #296
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

This Hawks/Celtics series really is gonna be a waste of 8 days for the Hawks. The Cavs/Knicks and Warriors/Kings series should be good though
Old 04-15-2023, 04:01 PM   #297
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
This Hawks/Celtics series really is gonna be a waste of 8 days for the Hawks. The Cavs/Knicks and Warriors/Kings series should be good though
Really looking forward to the Warriors and King's series should be fun.

Did you know Steve Kerr has not lost a series to a western conference team as head coach of the Warriors.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 04:36 PM   #298
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just realized Poeltl is a free agent. What was Masai thinking? The amount they paid was heavy and they weren’t even in a position to compete. Masai must’ve been overconfident. What a terrible deal:

Khem Birch
2024 first-round pick
2023 second-round pick
2025 second-round pick
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 05:14 PM   #299
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
I just realized Poeltl is a free agent. What was Masai thinking? The amount they paid was heavy and they weren’t even in a position to compete. Masai must’ve been overconfident. What a terrible deal:

Khem Birch
2024 first-round pick
2023 second-round pick
2025 second-round pick
Ya his contract was why there was so much complaining about the trade at the time. They could have tanked half a season and then signed Poeltl in the off-season if we really like him.
Old 04-15-2023, 06:04 PM   #300
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Ya his contract was why there was so much complaining about the trade at the time. They could have tanked half a season and then signed Poeltl in the off-season if we really like him.

Yeah - imagine if they go into rebuild mode and next years' record is bad? San Antonio could get a top 10 pick plus 2 2nds for Poeltl. Who does that? I'm a Masai lover but some moves have to be criticized. I do wonder if they have a bunch of yes men around them because that one move alone is beyond terrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: