Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #281
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved this season. Really one of the better ones in recent memory.

Looking forward to fans vs favorites, but kind of hope the favorites are all nut jobs from previous seasons.

Phillip
Shambo
That doctor who wore the undies on his head
Etc
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #282
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Good to see Lisa win the 100k.
Jeeze, it feel like I'm taking crazy pills. She was by far the most annoying person on the show to me, and that includes Abi. I get she wants to be liked and had some morale issues, which makes Survivor Survivor, but I don't need to see you flip-flop and cry about everything and anything. Probably just the edit, in that she got way to much air-time crying in her confessionals, but I couldn't stand her as a contestant. As a person she seems nice enough but in her own words pretty much she wasn't meant to play Survivor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #283
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Loved this season. Really one of the better ones in recent memory.

Looking forward to fans vs favorites, but kind of hope the favorites are all nut jobs from previous seasons.

Phillip
Shambo
That doctor who wore the undies on his head
Etc
Yuck, Phillip... really don't want to see that guy walking around in his skivies. I just hope that it's Coach & Hantz free.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #284
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Denise deserved to win out of that final 3. Good for her. She was a solid competitor and it was either her or Malcolm that were going to win, Penner called it a while ago.

Hopefully next year will finally be the year we don't talk about god or christianity or religion. It's a friggin' game show. Let's leave the fairy tales out of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #285
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Denise deserved to win out of that final 3. Good for her. She was a solid competitor and it was either her or Malcolm that were going to win, Penner called it a while ago.

Hopefully next year will finally be the year we don't talk about god or christianity or religion. It's a friggin' game show. Let's leave the fairy tales out of it.
She was a competitor who really didn't win all that much, and she had the strategic mind of a carrot. I sometimes get as tired at the jury players not understanding this game as winners continually being the people that go under the radar.

I still think that the last really great player in this game that played the game and went in front of the jury without apology was Boston Rob.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #286
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

The problem CC is that the jury doesn't get to look at all the edited tapes like we do. Denise survived a lot of tribals, was a huge threat in every challenge, and didn't tick off everyone else that was playing the game (besides Abi).

If you were on the jury and you saw who the final 3, why would Lisa or Skupin be an easier choice?
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #287
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lisa was incredibly annoying and one of the biggest reasons I rarely watched this season. If they're bringing Boston Rob back, I'll watch that avidly. He's always been one of my favorites.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #288
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hopefully next year will finally be the year we don't talk about god or christianity or religion.
As a Christian, I absolutely loathe the religion talk. Especially an idiot like Russell, "I was made by God and therefore perfect so I shouldn't be losing" whereas I guess everyone else wasn't? Uggh. I also can't stand the lack of awareness, like when it should have been very clear Denise was non-religious and yet when she gets injured Lisa needs to come over and have her pray.

Spoilers from next season cast
Spoiler!

Edit: And on another note, was surprised to see Abi vote for Denise after all that. I think the fact that she (or more likely others on her behalf) were able to talk Abi into voting Denise shows how well of a game she played, I very much disagee with CaptainCrunch in that regards. I also don't really see how Denise went under the radar when it seemed half the time the tribal council was about letting Malcolm or Denise make it to the end would give them the win.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 12-17-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #289
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

In case anyone is wondering, here is a list of the rumored, "likely" favorites for next season.

Spoiler!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #290
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
In case anyone is wondering, here is a list of the rumored, "likely" favorites for next season.

Spoiler!
yeeee, bring back my boy Malcolm!

He deserved better!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #291
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was weird, we know that the agreement for Denise and Lisa and Skupin was for Malcolm. But why didn't Malcolm push for the split vote. If he and Denise would have voted Lisa we would have had the fire challenge between Lisa and Malcolm.

Denise won but she really ran on the coat tales of her alliance.

Good to see Lisa win the 100k, she looked especially yummy tonight at the reunion show.

As did Abi.
I disagree, Lisa did not deserve to win the 100K. She was useless for over half of the game, it wasn't until her brother woke her up that she actually started playing the game.

Even then it's not that hard to "play the game" when there are 6 people left and you have a solid final 4 alliance.

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 12-17-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #292
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Someone get Abi some powder, geez.

Malcolm didn't push for the split vote because, like he said, he thought for sure that Skupin and Lisa would keep their word, then they didn't. I could see what he meant at the tribal, he just got frustrated and demoralized after Lisa said her comment.

I think that out of those three Denise deserved to win, but for some reason I am not totally happy. I think it is because I am a Skupin fanboi, and really hoped he would get some great closure on his Survivor legendary status. I think he came down a notch in a lot of peoples books, but towards the end he really went beast mode. I think he was playing a lot harder than meets the eye the entire time, but trying not to get on everyones radar.

Out of all the returning players he did the best job, Penner can't help but draw attention to himself and Russell was just a gong show.

Spoiler!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #293
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

So did Skupin and Lisa end up with only one vote each?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #294
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

My understanding was this:

Carter - Skupin
RC - Lisa

The rest - Denise.

I am guessing that if anyone else voted for either of Lisa or Skupin, they would have shown the vote to at least create another second of suspense.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #295
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
The problem CC is that the jury doesn't get to look at all the edited tapes like we do. Denise survived a lot of tribals, was a huge threat in every challenge, and didn't tick off everyone else that was playing the game (besides Abi).

If you were on the jury and you saw who the final 3, why would Lisa or Skupin be an easier choice?
Skupin became a real force in the challenges, Lisa to me was doing some pretty good work in the background, plus I had a huge crush on her growing up. She didn't play a amazing game, but she was in the game and trying to make moves. Denise hung onto her alliance and didn't do much else, I get that she looked impressive in the challenges but she didn't win a lot and I really don't think she was that big of a threat.

I think she pretty much rode coat tails for the last half of the game. You can accuse Lisa of not playing the first half, but to me Denise had no real impact in the second half, and her sickly sweet apology to Abi in front of the jury I hate that stuff, stand for what you did and explain it don't apologize for hurting feelings.

I might be able to take next season off that cast looks terrible.

I would love to see them bring Jerry Mathy or whatever her name was one more time, that chick was deliciously evil

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #296
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought skupin would have played up more how he did in thechallenges to the jury. It was the one clear thing he did better than the other two.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #297
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think your love for Lisa is clouding your view of how she played the game.

Lisa had no idea what she was doing, she basically lucked her way to the top 3. Many times she screwed up her alliances plan because she has no social game at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #298
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Skupin became a real force in the challenges, Lisa to me was doing some pretty good work in the background, plus I had a huge crush on her growing up. She didn't play a amazing game, but she was in the game and trying to make moves. Denise hung onto her alliance and didn't do much else, I get that she looked impressive in the challenges but she didn't win a lot and I really don't think she was that big of a threat.

I think she pretty much rode coat tails for the last half of the game. You can accuse Lisa of not playing the first half, but to me Denise had no real impact in the second half, and her sickly sweet apology to Abi in front of the jury I hate that stuff, stand for what you did and explain it don't apologize for hurting feelings.

I might be able to take next season off that cast looks terrible.

I would love to see them bring Jerry Mathy or whatever her name was one more time, that chick was deliciously evil
I agree that Denise didn't do a lot in terms of big strategic moves, but it seemed like her constantly being bounced around didn't really give her a chance too. She was always scrambling to find new alliances and friends, and the fact that the odds were stacked so high against her (every tribal council) and she still made it to the final three made her victory much easier to swallow.

Like I said before, she definitely deserved it, but I still would have liked to see Skupin win. His single big move to turn on his alliance opened the door for players like Malcolm and Denise to even make the final three.. quiet mouse work horse strategy paid off in the end over big bold loud and proud moves.. which is probably why I am still not 100% happy with the end result.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #299
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't like Lisa at all. I'm glad she didn't win. I prefered if Skupin won over Denise though.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #300
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
My understanding was this:

Carter - Skupin
RC - Lisa

The rest - Denise.

I am guessing that if anyone else voted for either of Lisa or Skupin, they would have shown the vote to at least create another second of suspense.
I agree. I just noticed they placed Skupin in the runner up chair. So I thought maybe he had another vote. They probably put him as runner up because he won the final immunity. Either that or he had the least number of votes against him throughout the game

Tags
pool , survivor , survivor pool