Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #281
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
always surprised to see you guys bitch about DAZN so much. Freaking love them.
I'm in Calgary at the moment and decided to use their free trail on an old PS3. The stream only buffered once and was usually in HD. I would gladly pay $150 a year for that over what is offered by BT and Sky. It's probably going to improve over time and there are workarounds in the meantime.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #282
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

From experience, using a hardline for DAZN works basically perfect, but with WiFi it can be a bit more spotty. From experience though UCL and most soccer has pretty much been fine, it Sunday Ticket where the big issues are.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #283
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shaqiri has been a really great signing. Hes got a number of assists already, I like how he fits in.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #284
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tuchel might be fired by Christmas if PSG go out in the group stages. Napoli leading in Paris, brilliant goal from Insigne.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #285
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shaqiri with an assist on both goals. He reads the runs so well.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #286
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was one of the more humiliating dives in recent history by Mane, somehow won the penalty.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #287
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Tuchel might be fired by Christmas if PSG go out in the group stages. Napoli leading in Paris, brilliant goal from Insigne.
It still drives me insane that the Italian National team's idiot coach decided that it didn't make sense to play Insigne when we were down a goal and need to win against Sweden.

All the guy seems to do is score brilliant goals in big matches.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #288
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow Napoli take the late lead, PSG are really gonna #### the bed here aren't they?
Old 10-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #289
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wow Napoli take the late lead, PSG are really gonna #### the bed here aren't they?
Napoli are a good team. They shouldnt be beating PSG but they're not bad.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:49 PM   #290
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh yeah, I mean Napoli are top of the group after all, but for PSG to go out in the group stage....prevents them from going out in the round of 16 I guess. But it's humiliating to say the least.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #291
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Through the first couple months Dortmund is the best side in Germany, by a good margin. They are terrifying in attack and super young. It’ll be interesting to see if they can keep it going but so far so good for BVB.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:23 PM   #292
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah, I mean Napoli are top of the group after all, but for PSG to go out in the group stage....prevents them from going out in the round of 16 I guess. But it's humiliating to say the least.
No argument, but that was going to happen to someone and most people thought it was going to be Napoli.

Napoli, PSG, Liverpool is a tough as hell group. I'm disappointed that Liverpool dropped the win in Naples at the death, but we're still doing okay.

I think this group is going to come down to the wire unless PSG just folds.

Tuchel knows what hes doing though.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #293
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Through the first couple months Dortmund is the best side in Germany, by a good margin. They are terrifying in attack and super young. It’ll be interesting to see if they can keep it going but so far so good for BVB.
Wow, they really put the boots to Atletico.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #294
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
always surprised to see you guys bitch about DAZN so much. Freaking love them.
Mine hasnt frozen once on a CL game this year

Even on NFL its maybe like once a week, way better than last year

Its a steal for the price
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #295
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Mine hasnt frozen once on a CL game this year

Even on NFL its maybe like once a week, way better than last year

Its a steal for the price
I do think a good deal for the price, but over wifi I really think it’s horrific. I have had a few minor freezes on the PS4, but it’s basically tolerable. The thing is, the quality isn’t better than an illegal stream, so while the overall interface and offering is good and a good deal, there is an issue I think.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #296
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
From experience, using a hardline for DAZN works basically perfect, but with WiFi it can be a bit more spotty. From experience though UCL and most soccer has pretty much been fine, it Sunday Ticket where the big issues are.
Yup, using a wired connection is one of the workarounds. It's a growing pain I'd gladly accept for a decently priced package with an exclusive broadcaster.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #297
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My DAZN runs fine on wireless.
Monahan For Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #298
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.elmundotoday.com/2018/10...-la-monarquia/

Quote:
After finishing with the National Team and Real Madrid, Julen Lopetegui will try to destroy the monarchy
Quote:
In just four months, Julen Lopetegui has completely destroyed Real Madrid and the Spanish National Team, becoming the main reference of the Spanish left. Now the Basque will try to end the monarchy and get his particular hat-trick.
All I have left at this point is laughter.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #299
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can you imagine Bayern Munich withdrawing from the Bundesliga, Germany's national football league, and only playing away games in places like Barcelona and Madrid from now on? Can you picture a battle for the German league championship without the best players and best teams? Is it conceivable that the country's most successful team is involved in the planning of a European "Super League," and perhaps even exploring whether it can withhold its players from the German national team? Completely implausible, right?

Wrong. In 2016, FC Bayern spent months forging its plan for a Super League with the most powerful and the richest football clubs in Europe. They managed to keep under wraps just how meticulously they were pursuing an elite league for quite some time, but now the secret's out. Confidential documents show that many top clubs are still pursuing plans for a Super League.

Starting today, DER SPIEGEL, in cooperation with 14 other European news organizations, will publish a series of disclosures about the "dirty deals" of the football world. Dozens of articles will dive deep into the business of European football -- a billion-euro industry. German public broadcaster Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR) also participated in the project and will air a 60-minute (German language) documentary on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 21:45 p.m.
Quote:
What does FC Bayern Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge have to say about those much-described values? The same Rummenigge who, in a memorable press conference on Oct. 19, invoked the first article of the German constitution to demand "respect" for veteran football players. Rummenigge, the Football Leaks documents show, was instrumental in the preparation of a revolution against UEFA by the largest European clubs. And he did so while keeping it secret from the European Club Association (ECA), which represents the interests of more than 200 European clubs, despite being chairman of that organization. This week, the investigative series reveals:

-That FC Bayern Munich checked whether and how it could leave the Bundesliga to join a European "Super League;"
-That FC Bayern explored its legal options for withdrawing its players from the German national team;
-That Rummenigge's closest confidante negotiated a reform with the football association UEFA, which has made rich clubs even richer and competition in Europe even more unfair;
-That at the same time, the Bavarians made plans to reverse this very reform;
-That Bayern Munich, together with 15 other leading European clubs, appears on a draft of a "binding term sheet," which foresees the creation of a European Super League;
-And that this term sheet, according to a draft, is intended to be signed in November 2018.
Quote:
But that was all a false front. The investigation shows how the most powerful man in football, FIFA President Gianni Infantino, secretly obstructed and torpedoed the work of his own regulators.

The Football Leaks documents reveal how he:

did favors for a friend, a senior public prosecutor, who returned the favor;
interfered with the drafting of a new code of ethics and watered it down;
championed a $25 million project, known as "Trophy," even though as president he wasn't supposed to be involved in the operational business;
exerted pressure internally so that money was paid in advance to associations in violation of rules;
and protected submissive subordinates and fired critics.
Here is the full story about Infantino's "work" at FIFA.

DER SPIEGEL and the EIC describe in meticulous detail how Infantino, as then-secretary general of UEFA, thwarted his own organization's investigators in order to take the side of the clubs Manchester City (ManCity) and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), both owned by emirates in the Gulf.

Both clubs are blatantly controlled by authoritarian governments of super-rich Gulf states. Thousands of pages of Football Leaks documents prove:

-ManCity and PSG systematically violated FIFA's financial fair play rules for years;
-Infantino, as UEFA general secretary, buckled under pressure from Abu Dhabi and Qatar and allowed the clubs from Manchester and Paris to operate with virtual impunity;
-UEFA meted out only mild punishments to the two clubs and did not expel either of them from the Champions League as it did with smaller clubs;
-Infantino -- despite an obligation to strict neutrality -- secretly met for negotiations with club bosses from Paris and Manchester;
-He fed internal association info to the clubs and cleared the way for "settlements," although he was not authorized to do so;
-That he thus systematically undermined UEFA's own oversight procedures and bodies.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1236277.html

The 17 teams to start in the super league would be...

Old 11-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #300
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1236277.html

The 17 teams to start in the super league would be...

Am I overreacting or is this biggest football news in decades?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote