Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #281
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

If anybody on PS4 is looking to save $15, it's on sale on the PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...form=hootsuite
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #282
gaffobohs
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
If anybody on PS4 is looking to save $15, it's on sale on the PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...form=hootsuite
Wow, on sale so early! Bit of a kick for those that preordered/bought on the PS store for full price!
gaffobohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:39 PM   #283
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Learn to play full skill stick mode? Either way, what store in the world in the last 20 years has returned opened software?

Anyway, I don't understand all the vitrol (albeit the controls not working are the most valid complaint). It's the exact same thread if you dig up the EA threads for the last 5 years. I don't understand why everyone expects the game to be leaps and bounds above the year before anymore. I haven't played it a ton, but so far I've noticed the physics are a bit better (the puck doesn't seem glued to the stick anymore, more neutral zone action). Some glitch goals have been taken away, some have been added. Graphics are better (but not great, but at the very least not all the non-major players look like slack-jawed yokels). Some new lines have been added in the commentary. Is it am $80 roster update? Yes, but at the very least it's not an $80 roster upgrade then $200 through the year to make it playable. I certainly have my qualms with the game but I don't think it's as bad as wanting to burn down EA headquarters...

Putting in the old SNES cartridges, and the differences between NHL 94 and NHL 98 are even more minute.
Seriously? I should learn how to play stick mode is your reply? I'm more comfortable playing buttons with the skill stick and am one of the top NHL players in the world so yeah not going to change it up because they screwed up the controls.

And Costco will return it.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #284
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Seriously? I should learn how to play stick mode is your reply? I'm more comfortable playing buttons with the skill stick and am one of the top NHL players in the world so yeah not going to change it up because they screwed up the controls.

What exactly is different with the hybrid mode compared to full skill stick?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #285
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Seriously though use stick mode. Once your used to it the game feels so much better. Or not.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #286
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Realistically yes, the skill stick makes the game so much more dynamic and playable...by playing strictly with buttons you limit yourself on what you are able to do.

If you dont feel like that maybe go back to the years before the skill stick where they actually tallied totals and careers stats IE NHL 2002
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:49 AM   #287
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
What exactly is different with the hybrid mode compared to full skill stick?
A lot in the previous years. This years is more similar to the skill stick. Before stick lift, pokecheck, passing, shooting so yeah pretty much everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #288
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Realistically yes, the skill stick makes the game so much more dynamic and playable...by playing strictly with buttons you limit yourself on what you are able to do.

If you dont feel like that maybe go back to the years before the skill stick where they actually tallied totals and careers stats IE NHL 2002
I don't play strictly with buttons...that's why they call it hybrid. I can still use the skill stick if I want and I don't see how it limits me, if anything it limits you. I can do everything you can while you can't do what I can do. Notably slap shots for me are much easier and I can get them off quicker.

Seriously not trying to be a dick but I'm a top player in NHL so why would I change things up?
Old 09-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #289
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Skill stick >>>>>>>>
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:28 PM   #290
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don't play strictly with buttons...that's why they call it hybrid. I can still use the skill stick if I want and I don't see how it limits me, if anything it limits you. I can do everything you can while you can't do what I can do. Notably slap shots for me are much easier and I can get them off quicker.

Seriously not trying to be a dick but I'm a top player in NHL so why would I change things up?
I don't take it as you being a dick...but even in the NHL manuals, Hybrid is aimed towards beginners and there are quite a few things you can't do using hybrid that you can with skill stick via the NHL 16 manual unless they changed it this year.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #291
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I don't take it as you being a dick...but even in the NHL manuals, Hybrid is aimed towards beginners and there are quite a few things you can't do using hybrid that you can with skill stick via the NHL 16 manual unless they changed it this year.
Like what? Like I said I am a top NHL player in the world so I don't think it's been holding me back at all.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:05 PM   #292
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here is a link to what the 2016 manual has for both Hybrid and Skill Stick.
https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/nhl/n...l-16-controls/

Maybe the hybrid isn't holding you back or maybe it is stopping you from becoming the greatest NHL player in the whole world. It would be interesting to see what percentage of the top players in NHL play hybrid/skill stick.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #293
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Like what? Like I said I am a top NHL player in the world so I don't think it's been holding me back at all.
It's funny you keep bringing up that you're such a top player. Congrats?
Old 09-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #294
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
It's funny you keep bringing up that you're such a top player. Congrats?
Yeah, when multiple people keep telling me to learn the skill stick because It's better it gets kind of annoying. I don't need to learn a new style, I'm one of the best players in the world in case you were wondering.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #295
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

People are suggesting it's a better way to play that results in more fun and control over the game. They aren't insulting your skill. Why get so defensive? Maybe you would unlock even more greatness and your epeen would get twice as big as it is now?!?!?!?
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #296
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hybrid ControlsThis is one of the simplest control schemes that uses simple button presses to command the action on the ice. It’s great for beginners.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #297
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
People are suggesting it's a better way to play that results in more fun and control over the game. They aren't insulting your skill. Why get so defensive? Maybe you would unlock even more greatness and your epeen would get twice as big as it is now?!?!?!?
Because it's simply not true. I can do everything a person who uses skill stick can. Are you an expert on hybrid controls? Do you play hybrid? I get defensive because you (and others) are telling me to switch up how I've played for close to 20 years when NHL17 could simply fix their mistake. And how would I have more control and have more fun? Please elaborate.

Last edited by calgaryblood; 09-28-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #298
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

I didn't tell you how to do anything. I was just trying to explain why people feel the skill stick would be a better choice. I don't think anyone has implied anything negative about you or hybrid, just that they think skill stick is better. You keep getting defensive and talking about how top rated you are.

Based on your posts I am just going to assume you're trolling and will kindly step back out of the discussion.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #299
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I hate the skilll stick and the controls. Pass is the same as change player, deke is the same as shoot, have to hold down the button for a powerful pass, can't properly designate passing targets, stick check is now hold and lift, aiming and skating are done simultaneously, skate backwards is now the same as pickup the puck... same button for pin to the boards and fighting. I can't stand the game and what it's become.

The controls get more and more annoying each year, what would be awsome would be customizable controls but EA is way too derpy for that.

Last edited by AcGold; 09-29-2016 at 09:40 AM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:01 AM   #300
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was actually sort of amused pucklu...calgaryblood was claiming to be such a good NHL player, but now I want him to prove it with a screen capture of the rankings or something like that.