Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2019, 07:46 PM   #281
Guest1

It's kind of like Fans vs Favourites or Redemption Island on Survivor... You have newbies and returnees. The returnees have played the game and have studied and learned from past mistakes. I would like to keep a returnee for now because they will make the game stronger and bring alot to the table. Unfortunately that if they are a grease ball, that messes with the numbers. But for the first vote, I think that's the way I will swing... Now to figure out which one gives me a Parvati vibe.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #282
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
You missed the 4 votes on scornfire here.

Mistake?
I didn’t count them, I checked the Agulati number before I voted and added the bonded ones from Diss and Agulati because I was discussing them.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 07:56 PM   #283
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So are we at 4 for Agulati, 4 for scornfire, and 3 for Bonded? Holy divided group
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #284
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
votes: scornfire
Since you brought up Scorn you do have a naked vote on Scorn though that doesn’t appear to have a reason. Am I missing the post where you give a reason
Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #285
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFan View Post
Well I am happy people are coming around to my townie status, I am sad that my newness is that obvious. I am open to changing my vote to consensus with the town but my thoughts are still with my original vote and Scornfire now as the reasoning I read is compelling.
This post isn't 100% clear to me. Your vote is on Agulati right? So you are saying you are fine to vote agulati or scornfire?

If I've interpreted your post correctly, that accurately represents my thoughts right now as well. I could go either way between those two.

I still like mrkajz or hg15 as well, but no momentum there so leave that for another day.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #286
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Since you brought up Scorn you do have a naked vote on Scorn though that doesn’t appear to have a reason. Am I missing the post where you give a reason
Post #215
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 01-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #287
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This post isn't 100% clear to me. Your vote is on Agulati right? So you are saying you are fine to vote agulati or scornfire?

If I've interpreted your post correctly, that accurately represents my thoughts right now as well. I could go either way between those two.

I still like mrkajz or hg15 as well, but no momentum there so leave that for another day.
So I pointed out some interesting posts between you and Bonded, Bonded throws you a vote but then retracts it for no reason later on but you are on board for the other two but not Bonded? Why?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:13 PM   #288
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What are you seeing in MrK and HG. I haven’t noticed the style differences you mention but I didn’t like HGs open and I keep rereading the Puxlut reaction.

MrKs post about mafia post frequency compared to his post count which is 4th lowest is almost too obvious and has me going in circles.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #289
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't understand why you find my posts suspicious.

I am not voting for bonded because of him being a new poster. I voted for him quite clearly because he piled on to vote for someone getting traction in the vote counts without any reasoning.
When I commented on other newbie asking questions making me think of them as townies, his response was to go ahead and ask a question to try to fit into the game right after.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #290
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What are you seeing in MrK and HG. I haven’t noticed the style differences you mention but I didn’t like HGs open and I keep rereading the Puxlut reaction.

MrKs post about mafia post frequency compared to his post count which is 4th lowest is almost too obvious and has me going in circles.
HG has had a lower signal:noise ratio than in past games, imo. He's keeping his post count up, but seems to be contributing less solid insight. That is exactly how I would play as scum, try to style match without actually giving anything away. Small sample size alert on that obviously, but something to watch.

Mrkajz has just seemed quieter than I recall in the past. Maybe that's because we were mafia together and he was active in that topic. The thing where he held his vote seemed suspicious to me as well.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #291
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
I don't understand why you find my posts suspicious.

I am not voting for bonded because of him being a new poster. I voted for him quite clearly because he piled on to vote for someone getting traction in the vote counts without any reasoning.
When I commented on other newbie asking questions making me think of them as townies, his response was to go ahead and ask a question to try to fit into the game right after.
You respond to MrKs concern that I wouldn’t vote for new players day one by saying we shouldn’t just vote or not vote for new players because they are new. This is a very fair statement.

Then in your evaluation of players you only include new players. Why weren’t your thoughts on Biz, MrK, Pux, HG, Diss Me ect or even one non new player included. It follows my laziness theory. Ban easy during the day, Night kill threats at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #292
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You respond to MrKs concern that I wouldn’t vote for new players day one by saying we shouldn’t just vote or not vote for new players because they are new. This is a very fair statement.

Then in your evaluation of players you only include new players. Why weren’t your thoughts on Biz, MrK, Pux, HG, Diss Me ect or even one non new player included. It follows my laziness theory. Ban easy during the day, Night kill threats at night.
What I said is that shouldn't be the only reason to vote for someone. I provided an evaluation of newbies since MrK's post was pertaining to that and I directly responded to that.

In addition to all that I have also said my opinions on other users
1. Post #82 bizaro86 being a townie IMO
2. Post #241 GGG being a townie IMO
3. Post # 208 Diss I have defended his post though I still don't know if he is townie or mafia

I don't yet have a read on other users.

We have limited information to play on and I just put myself in a newbie's shoes. I thought bonded's approach would be like someone who has access to a mafia forum for guidance/questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 01-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #293
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When I say You are seeing what you want to see what I mean is that I think you could make just as good of case for Scorn as you could for Bonded right now. The more I read the sequence though it’s Agulati that’s the suspicious one here. He is sitting at 3 votes and jumps on your post to keep himself alive.
Quote:
I didn’t count them, I checked the Agulati number before I voted and added the bonded ones from Diss and Agulati because I was discussing them.
So you missed the Scornfire votes even though you mentioned him shortly before along with Bonded and agulati?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #294
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Day 1

With 15 posters, it takes 8 votes to ban user prior to deadline. It takes at least 5 votes to ban user at the deadline. A tied vote at deadline results in no banning.

Vote Count:

Votes Scornfire (4): Hockeyguy15, SebC, devo22, bizaro86

Votes Puxlut (1): crazy_eoj

Votes agulati (4): Winnipegfan, mrkajz44, Bonded, GGG

Votes Dissentowner (1): Dropit

Votes Bonded (3): dissentowner, agulati, Fuzz

Hasn’t Voted (2):
Puxlut, Scornfire

Deadline is Thursday, January 24th at 10:00 PM Mountain Time.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #295
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
So you missed the Scornfire votes even though you mentioned him shortly before along with Bonded and agulati?
Yes,

I do need to go back and check though to see where the vote counts were as Agulati was making his townreads on Scorn. Agulati’s position has been pile ons are trolls so he would have to avoid doing that. So if he had the opportunity to get onto Scorn without it being a 3rd or later vote after he got his third vote then my assumption that he was looking for a new player to vote for in Bonded would be wrong.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #296
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes,

I do need to go back and check though to see where the vote counts were as Agulati was making his townreads on Scorn. Agulati’s position has been pile ons are trolls so he would have to avoid doing that. So if he had the opportunity to get onto Scorn without it being a 3rd or later vote after he got his third vote then my assumption that he was looking for a new player to vote for in Bonded would be wrong.
My position is not just pile-ons. My position is any vote (especially pile-ons without merit (or reasoning as I have already stated). Please stop twisting my words.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:16 PM   #297
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man - day 1 is so hard to read. I continue to stick with my original theory that one of the four on Winnipeg are part of the Oiler team. With all the unvoting and re-voting I see that dissentowner and agulati are still aligned in votes, but Devo is on his own now and Scorn doesn't have a vote out there.

The order off Winnipeg was: agulati, Devo, Scorn, Dissent - agulati was quick to jump off the train after getting called out on it, while the rest of those coming off didn't seem to come off in a panic.

Devo was the first to vote after coming off, going after Scorn. After a while Dissent moves onto Bonded with agulati quickly following in step. Scorn has yet to re-vote. This is second time that agulati has shortly followed up Dissent's vote, stating similar reasons as Dissent. I know day 1 has very little to go on, and its easy to agree with others to justify a vote (often they can make a really good point to sway you, so you move your vote based on that), but with little content so far, this still has me doubting agulati as Flames fan. His votes so far are moving in lockstep with another user as opposed to marking his own way. This might just be the function of being a newer player, but this reasoning above is why my vote is staying on agulati for now.

I will say that the rest of agulati's posts seem to lean Flames, but looking at the votes just seems like better strategy at this point. Since both Winnipeg and Bonded are both "targets" of these movements, I think of them more as town, but not necessarily for their own actions.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #298
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
My position is not just pile-ons. My position is any vote (especially pile-ons without merit (or reasoning as I have already stated). Please stop twisting my words.
This post seems defensive.

My post above is me saying I need to re-evaluate my logic on you not sure why you would jump on it.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 PM   #299
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Man - day 1 is so hard to read. I continue to stick with my original theory that one of the four on Winnipeg are part of the Oiler team. With all the unvoting and re-voting I see that dissentowner and agulati are still aligned in votes, but Devo is on his own now and Scorn doesn't have a vote out there.

The order off Winnipeg was: agulati, Devo, Scorn, Dissent - agulati was quick to jump off the train after getting called out on it, while the rest of those coming off didn't seem to come off in a panic.

Devo was the first to vote after coming off, going after Scorn. After a while Dissent moves onto Bonded with agulati quickly following in step. Scorn has yet to re-vote. This is second time that agulati has shortly followed up Dissent's vote, stating similar reasons as Dissent. I know day 1 has very little to go on, and its easy to agree with others to justify a vote (often they can make a really good point to sway you, so you move your vote based on that), but with little content so far, this still has me doubting agulati as Flames fan. His votes so far are moving in lockstep with another user as opposed to marking his own way. This might just be the function of being a newer player, but this reasoning above is why my vote is staying on agulati for now.

I will say that the rest of agulati's posts seem to lean Flames, but looking at the votes just seems like better strategy at this point. Since both Winnipeg and Bonded are both "targets" of these movements, I think of them more as town, but not necessarily for their own actions.
Honestly, it will be a very novice and bad mafia move to be voting in step and that soon after a post. I actually had to go back and see if I had voted after diss for Winnipeg.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 PM   #300
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won't be able to post much (if at all) tomorrow due to personal reasons. I hope I have made my stand clear and you folks will see that.

If I do get lynched, it sucks, but I hope once my card is flipped flames, you guys finally start getting the bad guys.