Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2023, 03:32 PM   #281
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

No doubt, if FSU wins they’re in. Texas’ best chance hinge on FSU losing and a Georgia win, that would seal it for them i think. If Alabama wins and FSU wins it gets really interesting. For the record Texas should go ahead of Alabama regardless IMHO.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:33 PM   #282
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

My brain can't comprehend the playoff picture if Bama wins.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #283
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It is hard to imagine that Georgia doesn't make the adjustments to come back and win, and probably somewhat easily, but these are still 18-21 year old kids for the most part so even the elite of the elite are going to have some duds especially in the big games. The one positive for Georgia is they only need to win by 1, style points don't matter (and really even if they only lose by 3 or less they still could get in.)

Mike Bobo was always going to be a problem but I thought in would be in the play-offs not against Alabama.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #284
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully Alabama go and kill this game with a TD drive after that turtle punt on 4th and 2.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:05 PM   #285
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
My brain can't comprehend the playoff picture if Bama wins.
If FSU wins, I think they take Alabama and not Georgia. Georgia's schedule starts to looks pretty weak with a loss tonight. An 8 point win over Georgia Tech is their best out of conference win. Give the spot to the SEC champion.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 04:10 PM   #286
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

If FSU wins they are obviously in. But who gets 4 between Texas and Alabama will be the mess.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #287
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
If FSU wins they are obviously in. But who gets 4 between Texas and Alabama will be the mess.
So your saying Georgia is out for sure after a loss? I see it that way too, but they have to be in the conversation with Texas and Alabama I'd think.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:18 PM   #288
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the same feeling I have about Ohio State. If the loss records are the same, but someone doesn't have a conference title, it's tough to justify taking a conference loser instead. And I do think Texas should get in ahead of Alabama, if Alabama had lost to Texas at a neutral site that would be a bit different, but losing at home should be considered the trump card.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:24 PM   #289
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's the same feeling I have about Ohio State. If the loss records are the same, but someone doesn't have a conference title, it's tough to justify taking a conference loser instead. And I do think Texas should get in ahead of Alabama, if Alabama had lost to Texas at a neutral site that would be a bit different, but losing at home should be considered the trump card.
No SEC team would be a bold move. I can't see it happening. FSU with a weak win tonight is definitely going to be in the conversation to drop out. They have the resume, but they aren't going to give any of the playoff teams a good game with their QB situation.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:28 PM   #290
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't see them setting the precedent of keeping an undefeated power 5 out, especially since there would the be a scenario where FSU could be the only undefeated power 5 team at the end of the season, but somehow not the national champion. Lest we forget Ohio State won the first playoff with an unknown third stringer. I think if Alabama wins the committee just root like hell for Louisville.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:38 PM   #291
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can't see them setting the precedent of keeping an undefeated power 5 out, especially since there would the be a scenario where FSU could be the only undefeated power 5 team at the end of the season, but somehow not the national champion. Lest we forget Ohio State won the first playoff with an unknown third stringer. I think if Alabama wins the committee just root like hell for Louisville.
What precedent? This is the last year of this format, and also it will be a power 2 next year, with a couple almost power conferences.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:44 PM   #292
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are not leaving FSU out if they win, and trust me I think they should seriously consider it, but they won't. What we really need to see now is FSU and Michigan lose for maximum chaos, Georgia is obviously cooked.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:57 PM   #293
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

If SMU holds on to win this AAC championship, that puts Jerry Fallwell's Liberty Flames in a NY6 bowl. Ick.

Driving by that place in the middle of the blue ridge mountains and seeing the ultra modern athletic facilities that put ACC schools to shame just shows how much religious money is put into that place. They also somehow have over 100,000 students enrolled paying 30,000-40,000 year, and a 99% acceptance rate. Maybe we'll get to see some of their commercials on national TV of getting all the Christ you can handle in your education!
Old 12-02-2023, 05:11 PM   #294
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Georgia chose a bad time to play its worse game in 3 years, the refs didn't help either but bad calls shouldn't be enough to swing this game against Georgia.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #295
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
If SMU holds on to win this AAC championship, that puts Jerry Fallwell's Liberty Flames in a NY6 bowl. Ick.

Driving by that place in the middle of the blue ridge mountains and seeing the ultra modern athletic facilities that put ACC schools to shame just shows how much religious money is put into that place. They also somehow have over 100,000 students enrolled paying 30,000-40,000 year, and a 99% acceptance rate. Maybe we'll get to see some of their commercials on national TV of getting all the Christ you can handle in your education!
yeah as a CUSA school dad, nice to see the conference may get there, but not them . ick is right.
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2023, 05:23 PM   #296
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Craziness
Old 12-02-2023, 05:28 PM   #297
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Texas should be in. But they will out Alabama in because it doesn’t matter after this year.

Michigan
Alabama
FSU (assuming they win)
Georgia

Embarrassing but that’s what it will be I think.

Washington maybe. But I think they could get left out.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 05:30 PM   #298
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Texas should be in. But they will out Alabama in because it doesn’t matter after this year.

Michigan
Alabama
FSU (assuming they win)
Georgia

Embarrassing but that’s what it will be I think.
Hopefully those are the 4 but I am not sure.

That is 100% it if Alabama lost to anyone other than Texas but them losing to Texas makes it much more complicated.
Old 12-02-2023, 05:33 PM   #299
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Washington is already ahead of FSU in the CFP rankings. They beat the #5 team, and are absolutely in and ahead of FSU.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #300
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Georgia has to be out if Mich and FSU win. The last spot will go to FSU, Texas or Alabama.