Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #2941
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It should be kumbaya, but the martyrdom of Nadal is a bit much at this point. He's the heavy favorite to win this event given his cakewalk draw, so anything less than a loss to Novak in the final is a choke.

Relax, you seem stressed it's not good for your health. Before Nadal won the US Open (his first 6 years) he never made a final and was beaten in the first week 3 times. He was also really trounced by Delpo in the semis in 09 6-2,6-2,6-2 and many people wondered if he would ever win it.

Contrast that to his last 6 appearances where he has won the event 3 times that is an impressive turn around don't you agree?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #2942
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nicely done Milos.
The Following User Says Thank You to CedarMeter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #2943
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarMeter View Post
Nicely done Milos.
How is he playing so far today?

/Darn work getting in the way of me watching the match
Old 08-27-2018, 10:17 AM   #2944
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Upset alert Halep down a set and a break!
Old 08-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #2945
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Relax, you seem stressed it's not good for your health. Before Nadal won the US Open (his first 6 years) he never made a final and was beaten in the first week 3 times. He was also really trounced by Delpo in the semis in 09 6-2,6-2,6-2 and many people wondered if he would ever win it.

Contrast that to his last 6 appearances where he has won the event 3 times that is an impressive turn around don't you agree?
I'm just sick of your "Roger is the greatest, but let me tell about Nadal overcoming literally every thing in human history to get to this point" schtick. We get it, you're lying about thinking Roger is the greatest and just want to undermine him at every point to pump Nadal's tires. Like how you're redefining first week to include the fourth round, which does not count. It is the second week, so the attempt to again make Nadal seem greater than he is is mostly sad. The bolded in particular might be peak LOL. Like for real dude? I know the only argument you can make for Nadal being the greatest is to severally overstate the "doubters" and "obstacles" he's overcome, but that means you have to get into embarrassing hyperbole.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #2946
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
How is he playing so far today?

/Darn work getting in the way of me watching the match
Not bad. He's warming up. Berlocq is putting up a great fight.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #2947
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
. It is the second week, so the attempt to again make Nadal seem greater than he is is mostly sad. The bolded in particular might be peak LOL. Like for real dude? I know the only argument you can make for Nadal being the greatest is to severally overstate the "doubters" and "obstacles" he's overcome, but that means you have to get into embarrassing hyperbole.
Remember that this is the same dude who thinks DC superhero movies are generally watchable and enjoyable films and routinely states how excited he is for the next one. This is not a person who thinks in the same way you or I think. It's either Nadal fandom, or the bottomless pit of QAnon. Be glad he chose this.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #2948
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Halep done.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #2949
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Halep out in straight sets. Wowza.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1034115747084230659

Last edited by dash_pinched; 08-27-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #2950
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Milos up two sets to love and Stan the Man wins the opening set over Grigor Dimitrov.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #2951
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Milos taking a set off, which is better than Dimitrov who's decided to take this tournament off.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #2952
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Man, you don't often see Milos winning fewer service points than someone else in a match. At the same time, he's actually playing quite well from the baseline so you'd imagine this set is just a blip on the radar....15 double faults already though....
Old 08-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #2953
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Milos with an early break in set 4, hopefully he can hold serve the rest of the way.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #2954
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Milos taking a set off, which is better than Dimitrov who's decided to take this tournament off.
Dimitrov in real trouble Senator as Stan has won the first two sets.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #2955
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Milos with an early break in set 4, hopefully he can hold serve the rest of the way.
Good response this set, but I don't really like him now going into full on winner mode in the return games. He's winning 36% of his return points today - a very high number. He should be rolling with that with the serve being such an issue for him today.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #2956
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyle Edmund in a spot of bother as well as Paolo Lorenzi is up two sets to one in their opening round match.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #2957
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Milos takes the match in four sets 7-6(4) 6-4 1-6 6-3.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #2958
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gilles Simon up next for Milos, it's a match that Milos should win, but Simon is a very good returner and is tenacious on court, it won't be easy.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #2959
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dimitrov #8 seed and Edmund #16 seed both eliminated today.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #2960
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm just sick of your "Roger is the greatest, but let me tell about Nadal overcoming literally every thing in human history to get to this point" schtick. We get it, you're lying about thinking Roger is the greatest and just want to undermine him at every point to pump Nadal's tires. Like how you're redefining first week to include the fourth round, which does not count. It is the second week, so the attempt to again make Nadal seem greater than he is is mostly sad. The bolded in particular might be peak LOL. Like for real dude? I know the only argument you can make for Nadal being the greatest is to severally overstate the "doubters" and "obstacles" he's overcome, but that means you have to get into embarrassing hyperbole.
Sorry I was off by a couple of days my bad, but the point still stands. Back in 2009 there was a concern that Nadal would never win the US Open as it was his one Grand Slam he was missing. Just like there was concern that Federer would never win the French or Djokovic would never win the French. I thought it was a good discussion to see where Nadal falls for greatest US Open Mens tennis players all time. I also think it's a great discussion who's #1 as well because we have a 3 way tie that could go either way to Fed, Sampras or Connors.

I wasn’t even bringing up Fed in my earlier discussion but since you did, ROGER FEDERER IS THE GREATEST MALE TENNIS PLAYER OF ALL TIME! I don’t know how to make that any clearer lol. But I’m much more of a Nadal supporter so yes when they both retire if I had a choice who would win more Grand Slams of course I want Nadal to surpass Fed. Its like how at the beginning of the year I know Ovechkin is a better player than Monahan but I still want and hope Monahan gets more points than Ovie, because I’m much more a Flames fan. When Fed wins a title I dont get all pissy and complain about a weak draw or how so and so was injured. I congratulate him and I'm happy for him but I'd still prefer if Nadal had won the tournament.

The only person whos matches I watch more than Federer and Djokovic is Nadal, because I enjoy great tennis and love watching all 3 play.
I don’t want to take away from what’s going to be a great US Open and lets just save any further GOAT talk until all 3 GOATS are retired no?

Closed Thread