Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #2881
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

The boom going on in Vancouver is getting to the mayor's head and thinks we can live off good intentions and love.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #2882
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an Idiot.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #2883
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean hey man, money is just a human concept. Who needs it?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #2884
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I had to make sure that wasn't an Onion article
Dentoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #2885
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Right then.

I'm not sure I would trust this guy with a pair of safety scissors, let alone stewardship of a city...

http://boereport.com/2016/09/23/vanc...l-gas-by-2050/
I signed up as a member and donor to the Non-Partisan Association (Vision Vancouver's most realistic opposition). I will be volunteering for the next campaign.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #2886
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Phewf, fortunately no one is saying that, but I agree that it makes for a very good emotional argument.
Is this peak Flash snark? Getting tired of it.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:07 PM   #2887
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am curious, how is all this electricity they will need once this happens going to be generated?
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #2888
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Just use ignore. You won't miss the Oil/NDP/CalgaryNEXT/Alberta drivebys at all.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #2889
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Strawmen about killing the energy sector are so boring.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #2890
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
How does that vote even get close to being justifiable? The massive increase of costly burdens to every single person, business, and entity in Vancouver is staggering.
Nah you see it's brilliant.

By 2050, foreign home ownership should have pretty much taken over all of Vancouver so since all of those houses will be sitting empty, they'll just cut Natural Gas and no one will even notice.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #2891
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Locke, it's been sad watching you go Full CaptainCrunch these last few months.

Please come back.

Again, I ask, what is the tangible benefit to Trudeau to use political capital to help push through pipeline infrastructure to eastern canada or the BC coast?

"Because Canada owes us" or "terror oil" aren't real reasons.
First of all seriously, I don't attack you at all period, I would expect some courtesy, I've said in the past that I respect you as a poster, but now it just feels like your talking ^^^^ just to talk ^^^^.

If this is about political capital and strictly political capital and not about the economic picture of this country, what your basically saying is that Prime Ministers aren't in the business of doing what's best for the country they're in business of doing what's best for the party.

Cynical absolutely and probably correct. But if that's the case, then you can argue that Confederation is actually dead and this isn't a country at that point.

Now somehow I've been painted as a hardcore Alberta Separatist, which first of all is incorrect, and second of all is just stupid.

I am however of the mind set that if we have a prime minister that looks at everything as spending political capital to spend in Ontario and Quebec and BC and screw the rest, then its up to the provincial governments to take a harder edge on protecting the economy of this province and protecting the interests of this province. And if we have for example provincial politicians that are actually going against the constitution when it comes to the flow of goods across this country unhindered and a Prime Minister that's not going to tell the provinces that the decision is with an organization like the NEB which they're more then welcome to register their views then whats the point of the NEB for example for pipeline reviews.

I think there needs to be a great deal of clarification from the Prime Ministers office and the government on the roles and rights of provincial governments in terms of things like Pipelines approvals. Same with Native Groups for example.

Also going back to the question that you made about why Trudeau should spend political capital on the pipelines if its going to cost him good will in Ontario and Quebec.

Frankly besides the fact that not spending political capital to get the pipelines build will economically harm Ontario who's got server budget problems of their own that Wynne is expecting Trudeau to pay for, and it will harm Quebec who's now looking at slashing things like their daycare programs and low cost tuition in upcoming budgets.

But it will lead to a rise in anger in Alberta and in the West and we will go back to the bad old days of "We want in" and "Screw the East" that we saw in the 80's and 90's.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #2892
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess it is one way to start addressing the chronic oversupply of hydro electric power.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #2893
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
How does that vote even get close to being justifiable? The massive increase of costly burdens to every single person, business, and entity in Vancouver is staggering.
The people that make these decisions are not normal tax payers things go up a few thousand it doesn't affect them.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #2894
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
I am curious, how is all this electricity they will need once this happens going to be generated?
How about they let us build a pipeline, and we let them put a turbine in it? Win/win?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:53 PM   #2895
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Good. If they want to eat higher costs of living then so be it.

Wasn't this the guy that wanted to ban, er eliminate homeless only to just give up by blaming the weather? And the guy who thinks that the national military is unnecessary and absurd?
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #2896
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big shocker the output limit/cut talks have gone nowhere. Wouldn't be surprised if we dip into the 30s if inventories start building again in the US.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #2897
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they don't come up with an agreement, 30's is quite optimistic.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #2898
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

There's no reason to believe that inventories won't build up. If that article about shale producers being profitable at under $20 a barrel is true, I'd say that's all she wrote for this province unless someone comes up with a far cheaper way to get new projects online.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #2899
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is a ton of misinformation and pure bull#### regarding shale producers and their amazing productivity gains. Some specific plays might be ok at $20, but the vast majority are going bankrupt at that level. I saw a map the other day with production cost averages, US $36, Canada $41.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #2900
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Oil should hold a $4 handle on it, unless incremental bad news comes out. There was little expectation in the market that there would be a deal reached.

Polak: Profitable at $20? Sure... Perhaps one boomer well on half-cycle economics (IP90....) in the heart of the Permian or the Stack. Full cycle, corporate returns to earn an IRR over 10-15% (ie: the level needed to incent capital to invest)? That's more like $45-50 in the heart of the permian, but for the average US conventional producer, that's $60-65.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigNumbers For This Useful Post: