Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #2841
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oops

Last edited by bubbsy; 09-29-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 09-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #2842
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Avs want a D that can play now, not 3-4 years down the road when Fox is ready. It's going to have to be a D off the roster like Brodie.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #2843
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Avs want a D that can play now, not 3-4 years down the road when Fox is ready. It's going to have to be a D off the roster like Brodie.
I do believe they're shooting younger than Brodie, which is why something around Andersson + Fox + more could become appealing to Colorado.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #2844
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why would the Avs want a 27 year old? By the time Brodie's contract expires they might be ready to compete. If the Avs wanted a player like that they would have taken the Hamonic deal. Clearly they are rebuilding so swapping a 16 year old for a similar aged player makes no sense
Old 09-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #2845
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

This could be an exciting weekend between potential deals, waivers and Jagr. For the entire league, not just Calgary.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #2846
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ryan Murray + Josh Anderson.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #2847
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I do believe they're shooting younger than Brodie, which is why something around Andersson + Fox + more could become appealing to Colorado.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Why would the Avs want a 27 year old? By the time Brodie's contract expires they might be ready to compete. If the Avs wanted a player like that they would have taken the Hamonic deal. Clearly they are rebuilding so swapping a 16 year old for a similar aged player makes no sense
I don't think they want to wait that long. Just my opinion. The value has to be equal, don't think Fox and Andersson together gets it done. They're prospects, Duchene is a proven NHLer.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #2848
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think they want to wait that long. Just my opinion. The value has to be equal, don't think Fox and Andersson together gets it done. They're prospects, Duchene is a proven NHLer.

The closest thing we have to a non-prospect type player that Colorado would want would probably be Jankowski. Jankowski + Fox + Andersson. Steep price but Duchene is a 26 year old who’s pretty much a lock for 50+ points (on a non-crap team). Playing with #13 and #23 he’s probably closer to his career high of 70. Just don’t know how I feel about giving up Jankowski after waiting so long for him to come to fruition.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #2849
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
The closest thing we have to a non-prospect type player that Colorado would want would probably be Jankowski. Jankowski + Fox + Andersson. Steep price but Duchene is a 26 year old who’s pretty much a lock for 50+ points (on a non-crap team). Playing with #13 and #23 he’s probably closer to his career high of 70. Just don’t know how I feel about giving up Jankowski after waiting so long for him to come to fruition.
The Avs rape us in that deal. Fox is going to be an offensive stud, everything indicates so. Andersson projects to be a solid 3-4 D man and Jankowski is at worst going to be a very good 3rd line C and at best Joe Thornton, probably somewhere in between that. There is still a decent chance Janks becomes as good a player as Duchene, maybe not offensively but all around better and we are going to add in two very good young D prospects for a guy that could jet to UFA status in the near future. F that.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #2850
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
I would not do that, not in a month of Sundays. Even if Duchene is the better player for now and forever, I think you keep Jankowski because you have 7 years of control of the prospect vs. 2 with Duchene. I think it's likely that Duchene would have a list of suitors in UFA, and the flames would be hard pressed to keep him. Jankowski also gives the flames some flexibility at center if they can't meet Backlunds asking price.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #2851
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Matt Duchene is Jordan Eberle with a better press agent. You don't win with Matt Duchene. Anyone who gives up a big package for Duchene is going to regret it. That's why he is still in Colorado. No one is willing to give anything of significant value for Duchene, as it should be.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #2852
Flamesm
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Matt Duchene is Jordan Eberle with a better press agent. You don't win with Matt Duchene. Anyone who gives up a big package for Duchene is going to regret it. That's why he is still in Colorado. No one is willing to give anything of significant value for Duchene, as it should be.
I'm pretty sure team Canada disagrees
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flamesm For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM   #2853
Flame19,289
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dreger thinks that JVR is the most likely to be traded of the Leafs' three big-ticket UFA's (JVR, Bozak & Komarov).

Gets into it at around the 6:10 mark in this video:
http://www.tsn.ca/video/dreger-jvr-c...g-ufas~1221168

I recall some reports that the Islanders had a deal on the table from the Leafs for Hamonic and that JVR was reported to be the main piece going to the Islanders in that deal. Snow took the deal from the Flames instead, as we are all quite aware.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #2854
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

I keep thinking the Flames and Leafs are going to hook up on a defenseman for forward deal ... guys just on the outside looking in.

I think Flames Nation pointed this out, so I'm running with it.

Something like Kyllington for Kapanen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #2855
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesm View Post
I'm pretty sure team Canada disagrees
Yeah, you should go back and review that Team Canada contribution. 1 assist and six shots for the whole tournament. What a massive contribution. I'd like to remind you that Eric Brewer made Team Canada once as well. Lots of politics and favors in those picks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #2856
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I keep thinking the Flames and Leafs are going to hook up on a defenseman for forward deal ... guys just on the outside looking in.

I think Flames Nation pointed this out, so I'm running with it.

Something like Kyllington for Kapanen.
Kapanen would be amazing, I personally wouldnt move Kylington for him though.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:01 AM   #2857
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Kapanen would be amazing, I personally wouldnt move Kylington for him though.
I think the Flames could afford that move. I think Andersson is ahead of Kyllington with the Flames, and Fox is probably there as well. I'd rather make that deal than have to sink multiple assets to get a guy that is on a big contract.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #2858
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think Andersson kind of sucks.

I mean, he's probably great for a Flames prospect, but I didn't see much from him during this preseason.

Kylington was much better and more noticeable in my opinion, even if he was getting himself out of position or turning the puck over.

Would trade Andersson before Kylington.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #2859
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kylington for Kapanen would be a good trade imo.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #2860
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Ryan Murray + Josh Anderson.
I think you're probably very close to what gets it done - Columbus is the best fit for Duchene.

Werenski, Jones, and Savard make Murray an expendable trade chip, and if Josh Anderson really wants to hold out after a 17 goal season, CBJ should ship his ass to Colorado.
Closed Thread