Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2024, 02:34 PM   #2841
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I drove by today and a couple thoughts. First, I definitely honked my horn. I just want to encourage them to waste their time for as long as possible. I hope they take that and think “wow, we’re really making a difference here!” And stay there for 6-8 months.

Also, how in the world are they actually gaining support? I see these guys with upside down Canadian flags and it’s just incredibly insulting. Even if they had a great idea, I couldn’t be around people like that. It’s just embarrassing. And then you have people there with a combination of US Flags and upside down Canadian ones, which is even worse. Just move to the US if you want to be there? Plenty of people do that and there’s no reason you can’t join them. That’s not even counting the deplorable signs and such they have.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 02:36 PM   #2842
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I drove by today and a couple thoughts. First, I definitely honked my horn. I just want to encourage them to waste their time for as long as possible. I hope they take that and think “wow, we’re really making a difference here!” And stay there for 6-8 months.

Also, how in the world are they actually gaining support? I see these guys with upside down Canadian flags and it’s just incredibly insulting. Even if they had a great idea, I couldn’t be around people like that. It’s just embarrassing. And then you have people there with a combination of US Flags and upside down Canadian ones, which is even worse. Just move to the US if you want to be there? Plenty of people do that and there’s no reason you can’t join them. That’s not even counting the deplorable signs and such they have.
I'm looking to donate an inflatable Hot Tub to the first group of guys willing to camp out on Smith's Lawn.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 02:43 PM   #2843
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm looking to donate an inflatable Hot Tub to the first group of guys willing to camp out on Smith's Lawn.
I said to my daughter as we drove by honking that I’m unwilling to contribute anything. I purely want to encourage them to waste their time living next to the highway for as long as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 02:50 PM   #2844
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I said to my daughter as we drove by honking that I’m unwilling to contribute anything. I purely want to encourage them to waste their time living next to the highway for as long as possible.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 03:32 PM   #2845
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They all have too many criminal convictions to be allowed into the US.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2024, 03:40 PM   #2846
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

They would just blend in with the common rabble of Edmonton. Nobody would think it was a protest.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 04:25 PM   #2847
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Speaking of Canada flags, what's the deal with the grey flag stickers? I see them on a lot of trucks and vehicles but it usually on black vehicles or on tinted windows and I don't know if it is meant to be a subtle look/support because the traditional red/white flag would really stand out of there is some other meaning behind the grey flag.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 08:27 PM   #2848
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Speaking of Canada flags, what's the deal with the grey flag stickers? .
The lesser known but just as insidious grey agenda.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 11:54 AM   #2849
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Y'all see the Netflix doc Antisocial Network? I guess I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't realize qanon had a quasi link to Anonymous.

Also interesting to see the parallel with movements in Japan a decade earlier with the 4chan forbearer, 2chan.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:08 PM   #2850
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is the Gay Trucker's Union? Where do they stand on these issues?

Old 04-08-2024, 02:50 PM   #2851
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseed View Post
Y'all see the Netflix doc Antisocial Network? I guess I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't realize qanon had a quasi link to Anonymous.

Also interesting to see the parallel with movements in Japan a decade earlier with the 4chan forbearer, 2chan.
Have you watched "Q, into the storm"?

Great little doc by Hoback.

If anyone is interested, while there are lots of great Qanon research podcasts, Qanon Anonymous is top of my list. Funny, stupid, insightful and often well researched.

They have covered all the adjacent stuff too, such as the Convoy, Queen of Canada and most of the other craziness that is/has happened leading us up to where we are now.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 05:06 PM   #2852
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Dumb dumbs seem to be gathering again this weekend.

FYI if you are heading west.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1778588642250035708

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:28 PM   #2853
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Be sure to thank Pierre as you sit idling in traffic on the TCH.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:30 PM   #2854
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Start the mass arrests.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:57 PM   #2855
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Start the mass arrests.
Shouldn’t they wait until laws are broken or the situation actually begins it escalate?

I haven’t been to the site but from what I’ve heard they are staying off the road. If that continues to be the case it’d be pretty hard to justify arrests.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 07:16 PM   #2856
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

They were on the roads earlier this evening.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1778931823717830683

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 07:18 PM   #2857
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^thats why I said they should start arresting people. It’s ridiculous to let them do this without consequence.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 07:24 PM   #2858
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^thats why I said they should start arresting people. It’s ridiculous to let them do this without consequence.
Yeah I wasn’t aware that they had been back on the road. Should be pretty straightforward stuff to deal with for the police, they’re putting themselves and the public in danger.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:27 PM   #2859
BigThief
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

They know their plans. Have the tow trucks and extra handcuffs ready. Our road ways have been hijacked way too much the last few years. Protest all you want, get off the ####ing roads. Get out of people's way. I don't care if you're downtown or on the trans Canada. Don't impede traffic, don't bugger up the sidewalks for people either.
BigThief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigThief For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 07:35 PM   #2860
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don’t protest on sidewalks either? Lol