Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #261
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
Liking Nemisz more and more as the days go on. Sure, he gets to play with Taylor hall, but this just means he is developing in an atmosphere of winning. I have serious doubts that Hall is just dragging him along...
As you should. Look at tonights game, none of Nemisz's 3 goals were assisted by Hall.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #262
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe Niemsz is tied for 5th in the OHL in goals. Looks like he passed last years high in points and is 1 goal away from passing last year in goals, though I guess thats to be expected for a junior player.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #263
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
As you should. Look at tonights game, none of Nemisz's 3 goals were assisted by Hall.
Just to add to this, Nemisz is a league leading +48 on the season.

Hall, is a +21, not a terrible number, but 8 of his teammates have a higher +/- than Hall.

Does Nemisz get much power play time? From the high +/-, it would seem he is probably on the ice for a lot more even strength goals, while Hall gets the share of ther PP time.

Man, i really like this pick from Sutter
Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #264
Flame4Ever
RIP Mickey

Exp:

Nemisz has improved a lot over the course of the year. To be perfectly honest I was disappointed in the pic for the first month or so, thinking that Sutter would have been better off getting a potential top paring guy in John Carlson. As the season has progressed, I have been liking Nemisz more and more.
At first, he was playing on the second line and the second PP unit, but he was playing a fair amount of PK time too. I think that may attribute for his relatively slow start as he really didn't have anybody to play with. Since the Windsor-Kitchener trade, Loktionov has been moved down to the second line and he's been helping Nemisz a lot. They play well together, both can finish and pass the puck well. I beleive that Nemisz now sees top line PP time which is also helping his production.

He's gotten a lot better at driving to the net and using his body to sheild the puck, although at his size, there's still room for improvement I feel. The one thing that I want to see more of is an edge though. Nemisz is just not a nasty or greasy player. He doesn't shy away from contact and is great down low, but he doesn't punish people with his size. If he can do that consistantly, he'll be a premier prospect.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flame4Ever For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #265
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Liking Nemisz more and more as the days go on. Sure, he gets to play with Taylor hall, but this just means he is developing in an atmosphere of winning. I have serious doubts that Hall is just dragging him along...

Although Marc Pouliot may beg to differ....
Actually, Nemisz does not play with Hall 5 on 5. He plays with Loktionov and Eric Wellwood. I like Nemisz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikey_the_redneck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #266
flamesaresmokin
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm very impressed with how well backlund has adjusted to the whl. Playoffs should only further push him to be nhl ready next year.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #267
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

tonight in CHL action

Nemisz with 1G 1A
Brodie with 1G
Negrin with 1A

Last edited by Canada 02; 02-20-2009 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #268
johnnyluv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

2 assists for Brodie tonight, 1 assist for Backlund and Aulie, and a SHG for Mitch Wahl.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #269
Nuje
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't catch a whole lot of junior hockey on TV, but from just looking at stats and reading reports, it sounds like the Flames have a nice group of guys in juniors. Backlund, Negrin, Nemisz, Wahl, Brodie...where did Brodie come from? A 4th rounder turned Dman of the month in December. It really sounds like the Flames are going to have the best group of guys coming from within their own system in a long time. Why trade any of them now at the deadline to MAYBE bring yourself to the San Jose/Boston/Detroit level, when such a thing can just happen naturally anyways?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #270
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Read on the transaction link that JD Watt from Quad City Flames was suspended 4 games... Does anyone have the story behind the suspension?

http://scoreboards.canoe.ca/merge/ts...s-fortunes.htm
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #271
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
Read on the transaction link that JD Watt from Quad City Flames was suspended 4 games... Does anyone have the story behind the suspension?
boarding major and a game misconduct vs Peoria on Sunday

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1005612
Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #272
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

according to the article on ahl.com it was because of the friday game. that was the game he made a huge hit right in front of us. no penalty at the time and it didn't seem dirty. but no replay to really get a better look.

though maybe the article is mistaken as he did get a major on sunday. that seems the much mroe likely candidate for a suspension.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.

Last edited by dobbles; 02-24-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #273
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post

http://scoreboards.canoe.ca/merge/ts...s-fortunes.htm

Well Friday night He DESTROYED Reese from San Antonio but it seemed like a clean hit and no penalty was awarded to San Antonio.

Now on sunday in peoria he nailed a guy from behind ( I was at the game) and the guy was skating to the bench and Watt light up his world from behind and that was a suspension worthy offense. I think they had it messed up it should of been for the Sunday game.

Because of those two hits Watt fired up the guys enough and got QC 3 points.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 AM   #274
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

He was suspended for a hit to the head. A Rampage defenseman was against the boards, and made the ill-advised decision to look down and stare at the puck. Maybe he won't do that again.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #275
Svartsengi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ryley Grantham had 3 assists tonight in Kelowna's 6-1 win. Backlund no points.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #276
johnnyluv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Ryley Grantham - the new Andre Roy who can actually fight well?
A goal for TJ Brodie, and assists for Wahl and Aulie.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #277
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Greg Nemisz named Spitfires's Player of the Week for the week ending February 22.
Nemisz continues to roll along this year.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #278
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ugh Backlund with no points and a -1 on a night where the rockets win 6-1. Sounds like a rough game for him. Nice to See grantham is picking it up a little. Not just some meat head.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #279
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ugh Backlund with no points and a -1 on a night where the rockets win 6-1. Sounds like a rough game for him. Nice to See grantham is picking it up a little. Not just some meat head.
Why? What happened?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #280
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

oh, nothing, i was just saying, everyone not on his line last night was a plus player, some players +3 or 4 (like grantham). He had no points and was a -1 in a game where the other team scored only one goal. Thats the only reason i said that. More of an assumption than an observation.
Closed Thread