Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2023, 07:27 PM   #261
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Right around where the Oilers will be drafting as well. If they are drafting before the Flames around that same range and Iginla is available, they will take him because it would be such an Edmonton thing to do.
Or Calgary just passed on him and Edmonton selects him with the following pick.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:31 PM   #262
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone have a ranking of where he is expected to go in the draft at this point?
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:51 PM   #263
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Does anyone have a ranking of where he is expected to go in the draft at this point?
From elite prospects:

Ranked #14 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #16 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #15 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #18 by DOBBERPROSPECTS

I’d say he’s an outside the top 10, likely teens pick.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 07:55 PM   #264
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
From elite prospects:

Ranked #14 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #16 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #15 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #18 by DOBBERPROSPECTS

I’d say he’s an outside the top 10, likely teens pick.
Was kind of hoping he would stay as a late first round pick that the flames could use one of their first rounders from trading Lindholm/hanifin. Now he’s ranked likely too high for one of those picks and too low for a top ten pick if the flames finish in that range.
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 11:50 AM   #265
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Been doing more research on Pulkkinen after yesterday's WJC game against Canada.

Might be a fantastic swing for the fences pick. But his stock is rising, not sure if he will be available in the late 1st anymore.

He was essentially no one's radar for the 2023 draft and no one picked him. But has seemingly put it together this year.

6'6'' 203lbs LHS

The way he uses his large body to shield the puck and then uses his long reach to stick handle... man he can dipsy doodle in the offensive zone and make nice passes.

If he can do that in the NHL and not be a liability in his own zone, boy howdy.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1730232718380638550

https://twitter.com/user/status/1736748147873808414

https://twitter.com/user/status/1739648467356561499

https://twitter.com/user/status/1739678770355638428
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2023, 02:18 PM   #266
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The cries on Twitter about the Flames tanking for Celebrini are hilarious. Like we will tank below CLB or CHI or Ottawa or Anaheim.

Just means we won't get a Cayden Lindstrom either.
Old 12-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #267
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
The cries on Twitter about the Flames tanking for Celebrini are hilarious. Like we will tank below CLB or CHI or Ottawa or Anaheim.

Tanking means getting as low as possible, to increase your odds.

You don’t need to be Hawks bad to get Celebrini.

You just need to be Chicago lol.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2023, 08:49 PM   #268
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post

That's not how it works anymore with the new draft odds. Just get yourself in the bottom 5 or 6 and get your chance. There's a 75% chance the worst team doesn't get first overall.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:05 AM   #269
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

As I've said before, Edwards needs to pony up some Bettman bribe money, so we can win the Draft Lottery- you know, like the Oilers did 4 times.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 08:06 AM   #270
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have the Flames finishing 4th last - Buffalo, Ottawa and Columbus are all done their rebuilds, and will probably not be 'selling' anything other than peripheral players. San Jose, Chicago and most likely Anaheim will finish in the bottom 3. Outside chance that Anaheim passes Calgary, but doubtful.

I think that the Flames have been playing well. I have zero complaints about their style of play. I think the goalies have been good for the most part - even at times great. The Flames are 7th last right now even with the above being true. 4-4-2 in the last 10.

Hanifin, Tanev and Lindholm are all big pieces off the roster. Possibly more pieces will be traded as well. I expect a bit of a nosedive after that. Buffalo, Ottawa and Columbus aren't trading away key pieces - peripheral players at best, but the pressure is on for those organizations to look respectable and give their fanbases hope for tomorrow after picking high already (and in some cases, for a long time). They can't just do a 180 and just go for a high draft pick - they have to show their fanbase that they are improving so that they can sell tickets for next season.

I also think that Chicago has Celebrini locked-up. The hockey gods simply favour that organization for some reason. Bedard - Celebrini is just going to happen, unfortunately. Hopefully the hockey gods smile on the Flames and have them shoot up to #2 from the lottery. Hopefully they won't punish Calgary and have them fall to 7th instead. Time to start praying to the hockey gods now fellow Flames fans and get in their good graces early.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2023, 10:01 AM   #271
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Been doing more research on Pulkkinen after yesterday's WJC game against Canada.

Might be a fantastic swing for the fences pick. But his stock is rising, not sure if he will be available in the late 1st anymore.

He was essentially no one's radar for the 2023 draft and no one picked him. But has seemingly put it together this year.

6'6'' 203lbs LHS

The way he uses his large body to shield the puck and then uses his long reach to stick handle... man he can dipsy doodle in the offensive zone and make nice passes.

If he can do that in the NHL and not be a liability in his own zone, boy howdy.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1730232718380638550

https://twitter.com/user/status/1736748147873808414

https://twitter.com/user/status/1739648467356561499

https://twitter.com/user/status/1739678770355638428
We had The Incredible PULKkinen 18th in our last rankings for what it's worth...
(ok, maybe incredible is a strong word...)

https://bit.ly/upside2024nhldraft
Old 12-29-2023, 11:57 AM   #272
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
As I've said before, Edwards needs to pony up some Bettman bribe money, so we can win the Draft Lottery- you know, like the Oilers did 4 times.
Why would you say something like this multiple times and completely torch any credibility you're trying to build with your prospect analysis?
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #273
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
Why would you say something like this multiple times and completely torch any credibility you're trying to build with your prospect analysis?
What?!?!? It’s a joke dude, settle down. I don’t honestly believe that.

Secondly, I am not trying to “build credibility”! Either you like my write-ups, or you don’t, simple as that. Either you agree with my opinions, or you don’t. Man, this place is toxic sometimes, with all the keyboard warriors waiting to pounce on every little mistake….
Old 12-29-2023, 01:37 PM   #274
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Secondly, I am not trying to “build credibility”! Either you like my write-ups, or you don’t, simple as that. Either you agree with my opinions, or you don’t. Man, this place is toxic sometimes, with all the keyboard warriors waiting to pounce on every little mistake….
It's one of those jokes that a lot of people take seriously, I'm not a conspiracy type of guy but I personally hate the back room draft lottery
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2023, 02:56 PM   #275
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I took it as a tongue in cheek joke, but I would be lying if I didn't said I wasn't suspicious about the draft lottery at times. Not really with Edmonton specifically, or even just in the NHL.
Old 12-29-2023, 03:07 PM   #276
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

To me, Edmonton winning the McDavid lottery proved to me that the lottery ISN'T rigged. They had already had 1st overalls in three consecutive years prior to that and the league even changed the odds to stop that from happening ... gifting a generational talent to that franchise probably was the last thing the NHL wanted. If it was, in fact, rigged, they'd have given Arizona a 1st overall or two already. I mean, they've gone to extreme lengths to save that market for some reason, why not use the lottery if you can?

All of that being said, Sandman clearly made a joke there and that's where it should have ended.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2023, 03:12 PM   #277
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What you meant to say is every single mistake. For #### sakes Sandman, get it right!! Now how are we supposed to read all the helpful write-ups on every prospect that are probabìly better than most other draft reviews???

You made a joke and that's just not acceptable these days. I thought you were bette4 5han that.

Old 12-29-2023, 03:24 PM   #278
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
What you meant to say is every single mistake. For #### sakes Sandman, get it right!! Now how are we supposed to read all the helpful write-ups on every prospect that are probabìly better than most other draft reviews???

You made a joke and that's just not acceptable these days. I thought you were bette4 5han that.

I’ll try to better Poe, I promise!!! I just want to be CREDIBLE!!!!

Seriously guys, HUGE thanks for your support!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #279
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You just want to be credible? No ambitions to be in-credible. If this was a draft interview you should say incredible, you come off like Yakupov in his i terview. You are an Eklund 2 at best.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 06:29 PM   #280
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
You just want to be credible? No ambitions to be in-credible. If this was a draft interview you should say incredible, you come off like Yakupov in his i terview. You are an Eklund 2 at best.
Not sure what to make of this…

Tags
2024 nhl draft , nhl draft