Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #261
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
Wow I disagree wholeheartedly. We can't just shut down the province again because of people not being vaccinated and punish the people who did the right thing and got vaccinated. People clogging up hospitals are more than 90% unvaccinated. Let the vaccinated enjoy their lives, this can't go on forever.
We have to shut down again. Every medical professional has screamed for it.

It's not just the unvacinated who are suffering. Many of us can't access the medical care we need because of those dumb mother####ers.

If you want to be pissed about the need for a lockdown, be pissed. But it's our inept government who is at fault, and the morons they cater to.

None of that really matters now though, the facts, if people wish to acknowledge them, is that our medical system has collapsed. Because those in charge won't do anything, it falls on us to make the right decisions. Going to an arena with 20 000 others is insane. It shouldn't be open. It is, but it doesn't mean the right decision is to go.

Last edited by Fuzz; 10-02-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 05:23 PM   #262
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Personally I think it's ridiculous we are having fans at games right now. Having them get in with an easily forgable document, while exempting them from wearing masks while eating and drinking is incredibly irresponsible. I know everyone thinks they are vaccinated, so it's no big deal to do this, but it is a big deal. Propel will spread covid through these games. People are dying not able to get hospital care they need right now.

Just because our province is run by morons who can't acknowledge fact, have no heart or compassion, and zero scientific understanding of the issue, doesn't mean the Flames should be open to the public.

Do the right thing and stay the #### home. Goddammit.
No. I’m going to go to the games. I’ve done my part now leave me alone.

Go yell at unvaccinated people. But I’m going to games and I have no issues allowing fully vaccinated people to attend. We aren’t the ones clogging the ICU.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #263
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
No. I’m going to go to the games. I’ve done my part now leave me alone.

Go yell at unvaccinated people. But I’m going to games and I have no issues allowing fully vaccinated people to attend. We aren’t the ones clogging the ICU.
As long as you know that it is selfish. There are others suffering, and will suffer from this that are not unvaccinated, and are some of the most vulnerable members of society. Enjoy the game.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 05:28 PM   #264
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As long as you know that it is selfish. There are others suffering, and will suffer from this that are not unvaccinated, and are some of the most vulnerable members of society. Enjoy the game.
You can call me whatever you want. It doesn’t change my mind. I’ve done my part and so have hundreds of thousands of others. Anyone unvaccinated for legitimate reasons with a weak immune system probably wasn’t participating in regular society as it was.

There’s no reason to punish fully vaccinated people anymore. None.

And for the record, I don’t think going to a Flames game while fully vaccinated is even remotely selfish.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #265
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
You can call me whatever you want. It doesn’t change my mind. I’ve done my part and so have hundreds of thousands of others. Anyone unvaccinated for legitimate reasons with a weak immune system probably wasn’t participating in regular society as it was.

There’s no reason to punish fully vaccinated people anymore. None.

And for the record, I don’t think going to a Flames game while fully vaccinated is even remotely selfish.
This isn't who I'm talking about, though they count, too. It's anyone who needs to use the medical system. It isn't available anymore.

And it isn't "punishment". That's such a baffling way to express what is going on. You haven't done something wrong, got vaccinated, and are now clear of guilt. We are all caught up in a disaster of our government's making. Unfortunately the only way out is for us all to sacrifice.

It's selfish because you are choosing to do something for your own enjoyment that prolongs and deepens the suffering of others. Pretend for a moment that everyone was vaccinated, and our hospitals were still overwhelmed with breakthrough infections. The only way to reduce that stress is to avoid gatherings. Would you still think it not selfish to go to a large gathering?
Old 10-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #266
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Legitimate medical reasons like being under 12 years of age.

Live your life however you want, but I deeply hope people at least remember things and give a little critical thought the next time Alberta goes to the polls.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:37 PM   #267
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Chin diaper.
Some of us were born with butt chins, k?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:14 AM   #268
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've gone too a game, and will continue too go to games, and live my life as I please. People can call me selfish if they want, I don't care. I'm fully vaccinated and will live my life how I want. If you aren't comfortable going, or don't think it's right, the don't go. But I will be

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:02 AM   #269
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not that I'm calling it selfish, it is a fundamentally selfish act:

Quote:
self·ish(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

If you are fine with that, well, that's your choice. But recognize what it is.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:21 AM   #270
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

When has going to an NHL hockey game ever been about more than your own personal pleasure? Weird hill to be dying on man, were you under the impression that attending a hockey game before COVID was altruistic in any way?
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #271
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, but now you are doing it in the raging 4th wave of a pandemic, and it will lead to more cases, which will further ruin the healthcare system for those who need it.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:30 AM   #272
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Im not going to the games, but am very sick of the shaming of people following all the rules and trying to enjoy their lives within that. Direct your attention to the government. Trying to paint people breaking no rules and living their lives isnt winning hearts and minds here... I understand the situation with the healthcare system, but shaming fully vacinated hockey fans accomplishes nothing, the only way events like this arent allowed is government action.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to koop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #273
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have directed my attention to the government, but they have chosen to do nothing, despite all calls and evidence for action. So now it comes down to individual choices. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Old 10-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #274
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trying to have some sort of "gotcha" moment around attending NHL hockey games being selfish is absurd though.

Im sure youll have luck convincing individuals to change their behaviour here by calling them selfish, keep fighting the good fight
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to koop For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM   #275
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:
Default CSEC's acceptable proof of vaccination for Saddledome games

Quote:
I have directed my attention to the government, but they have chosen to do nothing, despite all calls and evidence for action. So now it comes down to individual choices. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Is going out for dinner selfish? Or going to church? Have you been over to a friends or family’s house for a gathering? Would you view this activities as selfish, or perhaps “less selfish” because there is less risk than the dome?

What a slippery slope of BS. Get off your high horse
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #276
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
Trying to have some sort of "gotcha" moment around attending NHL hockey games being selfish is absurd though.

Im sure youll have luck convincing individuals to change their behaviour here by calling them selfish, keep fighting the good fight
Not trying for a gotcha, just pointing out it's a poor decision in our current situation. Just because our government makes poor decisions, doesn't mean we should too.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #277
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Is going out for dinner selfish? Or going to church? Have you been over to a friends or family’s house for a gathering? Would you view this activities as selfish, or perhaps “less selfish” because there is less risk than the dome?

What a slippery slope of BS. Get off your high horse
No I haven't done any of that since the pandemic started(other than visiting my dad when cases are low). I've got my own reasons, and I understand people doing it when our cases are low, between waves. No issue with that. But right now, every incremental activity with the possibility of spreading covid is a bad idea. 20 000 people in one place for 3 hours, many without masks, yelling and cheering isn't what I consider a good idea.

This isn't some crazy idea I came up with. Doctors are saying it's a bad idea, too.

Quote:
He said he wants Alberta’s NHL teams to step up and cut capacity.

“For example, during the playoffs… smaller capacity crowds were admitted,” Gibney said. “So something around 25 to 30 per cent — that is potentially an option.

“Not an ideal one, but certainly a lot better than 100 per cent capacity at a hockey game where people are going to enjoy themselves and are going to cheer their teams on and they’re going to spread a lot of droplets all over each other.“

Gibney reiterated that Alberta is at a critical juncture with the COVID-19 crisis, adding if numbers continue the way they are, hospitals will soon have to implement a triage protocol.
Quote:
Dr. Shazma Mithani, an emergency room doctor at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton, echoed Gibney’s sentiment, calling a full arena a “terrible idea.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8216477/a...-arenas-covid/
Old 10-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #278
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Not trying for a gotcha, just pointing out it's a poor decision in our current situation. Just because our government makes poor decisions, doesn't mean we should too.
What's poor about a fully vaccinated person going somewhere with a bunch of other fully vaccinated people? Educate me because I legit don't get this attitude.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #279
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellefan View Post
What's poor about a fully vaccinated person going somewhere with a bunch of other fully vaccinated people? Educate me because I legit don't get this attitude.
First, they aren’t fully vaccinated.

Second, our healthcare system is on the brink, no, well past the brink. As such, any new hospitalizations carry mich higher risks than if we had low hospitalizations and people were attending games.

This means that every time you take an action that allows covid to spread unencumbered, you put anyone who requires hospitalization at risk. Not just covid patients, but anyone who needs emergency services.

There has never been a more important time for people to limit the spread. Never has our situation been more dire.

No one is stopping you from attending games but by doing so you are certainly putting others at a higher risk.

The fact that it clearly riles up people to hear that speaks for itself.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #280
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Meh, honestly don't care anymore. We are in a pandemic. Get vaccinated and live your lives. This is the new normal. Can't hide at home forever. If I die from covid, so be it but not about to hide at home. I'm vaccinated and going to live my life.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote