Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #261
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

God, what a game!

Hell of a win.

Bennett looked incredible. Elias Lindholm is the Flames most clutch player right now. Neal played well. Rittich with a solid first game of the season. Even Hathaway looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #262
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Maybe stop posting about it in the thread, and move on?
Dude you are maybe the worst poster on this forum.
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boy Wonder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:47 AM   #263
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
Dude you are maybe the worst poster on this forum.
Good to know.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #264
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I'm sorry, I said I was wrong, so I don't get the logic behind continuing to hound my posting. What am I supposed to do, apologize again? I get that you want to make a point but I already asked you to do so in my PMs, so I'd appreciate it if you did so there in the future.

Anyway, can we please put this weird, unnecessarily angry argument to rest? It's really tiring.
Hounding? My 1st post commented on your GT posting, my 2nd post provided the feedback you asked for.

Asks for feedback. Doesn't want the feedback.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:50 AM   #265
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

More talk about the game, please, everyone!

Quote:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 12:56 AM   #266
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Thought Peluso was good
H2SO4(aq) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to H2SO4(aq) For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #267
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
I just literally referenced the Prout thread as an example

Are you honestly this dense?
Quite frankly, these kinds of posts devalue this forum beyond anything else.
If you don’t like how someone reacts as a fan, ignore it. That’s it, that’s all. Some of y’all have an absurd holier than thou attitude of other people’s opinions and participation’, and it’s garbage. This is a local sports forum, not the comments section for the National Post. You know what’s less productive and informative than someone’s opinion? Bitching about it.

Good win Flames. Very much earned after the first.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:03 AM   #268
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Refreshing.

Very, very refreshing.

The Bill Peters chinook has blown into Calgary and it is damn nice.

Colorado came out hard and scored two quick ones. Peters quickly called a timeout after the 2nd goal with it being painfully obvious that the Flames were not ready and were completely overwhelmed. It seemed to steady them for the rest of the period.

During the intermission, Peters must have changed the gameplan. The Flames came out and completely turned the tables on the game. They dominated and dominated and dominated. Avs were lucky it remained a close game.

Finally, a coach with a pulse on the team. Darryl Sutter had it. Hartley had it. Now Peters seems to have it. Seems to know what buttons to push and when to push them. I was very leery of this hire as I thought the Canes' metrics were eerily similar to Calgary's in a number of areas, but thus far he has brought out the best in these Flames.

In the first season under Gulutzan, there were nights when the Flames were losing and I would think: "Yeah, just wait until the third period. Got this one!", only to scratch my head and wonder what happened. It took a full season of expecting a Hartley-esque push to tie up a game and send it to OT, or just outright win it in the third.

I hope it doesn't take me a full season this time around. I thought when that 2nd goal went in: "This game is over. I just hope it isn't too embarrassing."

Don't worry. Peters has his pulse on the team. The team needed a timeout to regroup and get a bit of direction, and it paid off in spades. Lines were reworked on the fly. New game-plan put into place (or maybe the right push by Peters to make the players execute the existing game-plan better).

Bennett is quickly 'recovering' from the Gulutzan era. That's another strong (almost a monster of a) game from him.

I felt that Brodie had more 'bad luck' happen than actual bad play on those 2 quick goals, but the whole team was rattled from the drop of the puck. He had a monster game after the first period I thought.

Rittich was good. This team can rely on him to give Smith more rest this season.

Backlund was just 'on' tonight.

Seriously, Bennett deserves a lot of attention lately. I would really like to see him replace Dube on the 2nd unit PP. I think Bennett is just sensational at puck retrieval along the boards, and the 2nd unit can really make use of it IMO. This kid needs more minutes.

I have been critical of Hathaway and often stated that I wouldn't mind if he was claimed off waivers, but he had a real strong game tonight.

Jankowski was much better, though I think limited minutes makes it tough for him to get going.

Hanifin had a really strong game as well, at both ends of the ice, even though he didn't hit the stats sheet.

Finally the resiliency that this team hasn't had in the better parts of 2 seasons, mixed in with a damn fun to watch play-style.

There is so very much about this post that reflects my viewing of this game.

Gracias
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #269
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wanna know what's refreshing??

When the coach puts his lines in a blender and your top line RW still manages to produces goals without the top forwards in a game.

Refreshing.

Really it's just a testament to the depth in this group. It's amazing.

Man I'm such a Lindholm fanboy. The gift that keeps on giving.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:31 AM   #270
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Wanna know what's refreshing??

When the coach puts his lines in a blender and your top line RW still manages to produces goals without the top forwards in a game.

Refreshing.

Really it's just a testament to the depth in this group. It's amazing.

Man I'm such a Lindholm fanboy. The gift that keeps on giving.
Also Peters having the cajones to call at time out right away. How many times did we just see GG staring at that damn ipad and not calling a timeout when the team is reeling.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #271
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
And Kybb wonders why I feel personally attacked.

This is just mean. Like, you can disagree with me all you want. As there is with the Prout thread, there's precedent for that. But do you have to be mean while you're doing it? I don't appreciate that at all.

Anyway, please keep it to PM if you have issues with my posting. This is not the appropriate venue.
Some people are just ignorant, and take great joy in hiding behind a keyboard, and insulting people. I love your posts, and would like you to keep up the good work! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #272
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great comeback win. 3 unanswered goals after the early timeout. Avs with 17 shots in the first period but only 9 more after that. Flames were dominating everywhere since the second, could have won in regulation with more luck. Rittich kept them in after a rough start, good to see he is resilient and steady even when facing adversities.
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:44 AM   #273
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow, what a game and especially the last two minutes of regulation and the abbreviated OT!!!

The drive home was brutal and long after a 66 degree day with abundant sunshine, I had to drive home in 27 degrees with wet snow and sleet.

Lots of fist bumps and high fives from fellow Flames fans in attendance and there were many!

Will write more about the game tomorrow after some zzz's
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamca For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:04 AM   #274
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamca View Post
Wow, what a game and especially the last two minutes of regulation and the abbreviated OT!!!

The drive home was brutal and long after a 66 degree day with abundant sunshine, I had to drive home in 27 degrees with wet snow and sleet.

Lots of fist bumps and high fives from fellow Flames fans in attendance and there were many!

Will write more about the game tomorrow after some zzz's
Hilarious.

Calgary Flames take over the game and bring as well the Calgary weather system.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #275
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scorp, I remember telling you when you were new on here that you remind me a lot of myself when I was your age. I went through a similar phase of arguments etc. with a lot of other people back on other places.

Two things.

1) Listen to criticism, but also learn to recognize whether their criticism is warranted or not. I sometimes come off like an arrogant jerk to some people from my posting style, and even speaking style, despite that not being my personality at all. Know where you are coming from. If you are being true to yourself and not outwardly being a jerk or whatever the complaint is, then disregard the complaint. You have to be honest with yourself though.

2) Learn to let things go. When people criticize an opinion of mine or whatever, I listen to what they're saying, even if they are phrasing things in a provocative manner. I respond always coolly and calmly and debate their ideas, even if they are insulting in their approach. Rudeness should not beget rudeness. Rise above and debate the idea, rather than the person.

Another thing, don't take things so seriously. Relax and have fun. You're a good poster. Just have to learn more, and that comes with age.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #276
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Geez, I wonder how close treliving was to keeping Gulutzan? Feel like we dodged a bullet on that one. It was awesome tonight to watch the head coach insert himself into the game and influence the outcome.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:26 AM   #277
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racki View Post
Geez, I wonder how close treliving was to keeping Gulutzan? Feel like we dodged a bullet on that one. It was awesome tonight to watch the head coach insert himself into the game and influence the outcome.
The Flames need to start winning playoff games. Gulutzan couldn't do it. Brodie was close to ruined.

Firing GG was better than any of his trades or signings this offseason. Clear cut #1 change.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 AM   #278
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I love that after Landeskog threw another dirty hit and boarded Andersson, it was Bennett that grabbed him in the scrum and ripped his helmet off.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 AM   #279
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

A great character win. As many have said, the timeout was huge. Bennett was fantastic. I haven't been real happy with Backlund's play so far this year, but he was a beast in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Thought Hanifin quietly played a real solid game. And Andersson turned it around nicely after a rough start. Valimaki is a beauty.

But I wanted to point out one more ting: the 4th line played against - and outplayed - McKinnon's line all night. Early on, Colorado played their top line against ours, and they dominated. But Peters kept rolling 4 lines and Colorado matched McKinnon to Jankowksi's line whenever possible. This changed the game IMO. With the 4th line outplaying their 1st, we had all 4 lines in control for the rest of the game.

This team has shown signs that it can really dominate for very long stretches. Once they regain their confidence and start believing in the system Peters has them playing, they are going to be a force.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2018, 02:37 AM   #280
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Scorp, I remember telling you when you were new on here that you remind me a lot of myself when I was your age. I went through a similar phase of arguments etc. with a lot of other people back on other places.

Two things.

1) Listen to criticism, but also learn to recognize whether their criticism is warranted or not. I sometimes come off like an arrogant jerk to some people from my posting style, and even speaking style, despite that not being my personality at all. Know where you are coming from. If you are being true to yourself and not outwardly being a jerk or whatever the complaint is, then disregard the complaint. You have to be honest with yourself though.

2) Learn to let things go. When people criticize an opinion of mine or whatever, I listen to what they're saying, even if they are phrasing things in a provocative manner. I respond always coolly and calmly and debate their ideas, even if they are insulting in their approach. Rudeness should not beget rudeness. Rise above and debate the idea, rather than the person.

Another thing, don't take things so seriously. Relax and have fun. You're a good poster. Just have to learn more, and that comes with age.
Good guy caged! Seriously we all need that reminder. Both of you I like. Keep posting but don’t go grump if I call you out. It’s because I disagree and respect you both.
H2SO4(aq) is offline   Reply With Quote