Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2018, 05:22 AM   #261
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apologies to those who were offended at my mention of another team in the NHL. I meant no disrespect.

I'm as bummed as anyone with the way this season is winding down. It's looking more and more like the Flames are going to miss, but it's not a foregone conclusion yet. I'm just trying to look on the bright side of things, and for me, that's watching the Panthers go on a crazy run to get within 1 point of the playoffs when most of the season they looked like an also-ran. They started playing a lot better lately, and Barkov has really found a way to will his team into this position. Then they got an injured Luongo back and that's solidified the goaltending which was losing the team some games they were otherwise in. Hell, Reimer started playing much better once he was relegated into his back up role.

If anything, it should be an inspirational story for Flames fans. The situations are relatively similar.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #262
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
anyone offended by that should avoid my beer league games...much worse is said/gestured
You're a hero, sir, defending the common man. And you have changed my mind; I have seen the light - making fun of people's weight has absolutely no repercussions to anyone except to provide much needed and timely comic relief to lighten the mood after a Flames loss. Hamonic was in the right; and he should drink beer after the game to celebrate the moment. We all should. Including the ice staff and the Phil Kessel's of the world, for if they were not around, then how would this glorious clip of pinnacle human behavior ever exist?

A hero, and a savior, is dino7c. I will come and cheer you on at your beer league games, stout yeoman.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:50 AM   #263
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Two thoughts

As a once very fat person, now only mildly fat, I will say this. Don't want none, don't start none. You're a large target and hockey players aren't fountains of creativity.

That being said if he was mocking a kid, that's out of bounds.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 07:00 AM   #264
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember when the Flames were good on the road and good in OT.
Geeoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:23 AM   #265
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
And? Good for him, he has two teams to cheer for big whoop. I don't want to read about how he'll watch his other team in the playoffs in the PGT where mine just lost.
Then you can put him on "ignore" rather than trashing a long time contributing poster, whose posts are actually more interesting to read than yours. Just sayin'....
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #266
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

7 wins in 22 games now ....
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #267
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
You're a hero, sir, defending the common man. And you have changed my mind; I have seen the light - making fun of people's weight has absolutely no repercussions to anyone except to provide much needed and timely comic relief to lighten the mood after a Flames loss. Hamonic was in the right; and he should drink beer after the game to celebrate the moment. We all should. Including the ice staff and the Phil Kessel's of the world, for if they were not around, then how would this glorious clip of pinnacle human behavior ever exist?

A hero, and a savior, is dino7c. I will come and cheer you on at your beer league games, stout yeoman.
Again you don't even know the full story...move on and find something else to be offended by...likely won't take long.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:36 AM   #268
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

GG has 15 games left to get this team in the playoffs or he wont be a head coach in this league again. Hopefully Mike Smith is coming back this week.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:39 AM   #269
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Next two games are now must wins.....

They either have to start to win or they will be out of it very soon....
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flambers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 07:47 AM   #270
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
GG has 15 games left to get this team in the playoffs or he wont be a head coach in this league again. Hopefully Mike Smith is coming back this week.
This made me think (and maybe this is better suited for the Glen thread), but if the team misses and they are going to fire Gulutzan how soon after the season ends do you think they do it? Get out in front of it in case a coach comes available just as fast? Go through the organizational review and wait until the end of the month? Wait out the playoffs in case someone shakes loose from one of those teams?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #271
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Apologies to those who were offended at my mention of another team in the NHL. I meant no disrespect.

I'm as bummed as anyone with the way this season is winding down. It's looking more and more like the Flames are going to miss, but it's not a foregone conclusion yet. I'm just trying to look on the bright side of things, and for me, that's watching the Panthers go on a crazy run to get within 1 point of the playoffs when most of the season they looked like an also-ran. They started playing a lot better lately, and Barkov has really found a way to will his team into this position. Then they got an injured Luongo back and that's solidified the goaltending which was losing the team some games they were otherwise in. Hell, Reimer started playing much better once he was relegated into his back up role.

If anything, it should be an inspirational story for Flames fans. The situations are relatively similar.
Historically awful team gets a bunch of high picks over the years and almost makes playoffs.

What an inspiration.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:01 AM   #272
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
This made me think (and maybe this is better suited for the Glen thread), but if the team misses and they are going to fire Gulutzan how soon after the season ends do you think they do it? Get out in front of it in case a coach comes available just as fast? Go through the organizational review and wait until the end of the month? Wait out the playoffs in case someone shakes loose from one of those teams?
I believe we have seen Treliving's approach in action before. I'm not expecting anything to happen quickly.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #273
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Hard to say. If AV, JQ get let go a week after the season is over for them, Treliving pulls the trigger quick.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #274
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Historically awful team gets a bunch of high picks over the years and almost makes playoffs.

What an inspiration.
They also have less points than the Flames... inspiring
Old 03-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #275
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

People feeling a lot more negative than I after that game.

I see it as unlikely to make the playoffs, but without a pick just keep on picking up points and staying up the standings.

If you get on a run and make it interesting, even better.

Three game road trip with the toughest game first, got a point. Now if they can get four more they may make things a little more tight coming home.

No moral victories in a season like this, but they played well and deserved the two points.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 AM   #276
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
7 wins in 22 games now ....
That really says it all. Despite not having your number one goalie for half of those games, it is just not good enough for a team that saw itself as a 100 point club.

Painful losses to doormat teams like Buffalo, the Oilers and the Rangers (x2) during that stretch really stand out as major opportunities that could have the team in a much better position right now.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #277
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

3-6-2 since Smith went down.
6-3-2 over that stretch and you're second in the division.

Sigh
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:29 AM   #278
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

That Dadanov Ufa signing is paying off in spades . His game has been great since coming back from injury.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyuss275 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #279
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post

What an inspiration.
switch awful for mediocre and you have described the Flames.

But good job on ignoring the point of that post.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #280
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
3-6-2 since Smith went down.
6-3-2 over that stretch and you're second in the division.

Sigh
Yeah, and it's pretty easy to find those three wins in that span. Pittsburgh (Gillies .875 v. Jarry .921), NYR (Gillies .889 v. Lunquist .980) and Dallas (Gillies was fine at .923 but Bishop had a shutout on 38 shots). Also, Rittich was .879 v. the Avs. while Varlamov was .938. Rittich was .731 against Vegas.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote