Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #261
robocop
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
And the alternative is what exactly? Research is overseen by the manufacturers alone? Well then it would be 'don't trust it it's from those monolithic corporations'. What's your ideal situation? A mom and pop corner vaccination shop? (has a nice ring to it actually)
you are lacking in the areas of comprehension and reading ability. This is comical, you two grouping up and creating an argument against me... that I never made and doesn't exist. Seriously people.

Last edited by robocop; 03-03-2011 at 03:28 PM.
robocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #262
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #263
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop View Post
you are lacking in the areas of comprehension and reading ability. This is comical, you two grouping up and creating an argument against me... that I never made and doesn't exist. Seriously people.
You are lacking in the area of forming a coherent and well supported argument. This is comical, you half assing it and then blaming others for it.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #264
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
This is comical, you two grouping up and creating an argument against me...
I wasn't making a post against you, I was talking about the guy that I know...
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #265
robocop
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You are lacking in the area of forming a coherent and well supported argument. This is comical, you half assing it and then blaming others for it.
half-assing what exactly? what argument... wtf are you talking about! Explain to me what you think the argument is.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #266
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
half-assing what exactly? what argument... wtf are you talking about! Explain to me what you think the argument is.
You threw out the notion that you distrust the involvement of government in vaccination production. I asked you what your alternative is. You decided that that somehow results in me lacking comprehension abilities.

It's a simple question really, not sure why you had trouble answering it to begin with.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #267
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Only if you have an extremely incorrect view of evolution.

(good dodge btw)
My view of evolution is fine (and I have the university grades to prove it). Natural selection is one of the mechanisms that guides evolution, and the one that Darwin (the guy in your avatar) became famous for articulating. If individuals are not genetically suited for survival in their particular environment and die out before they can successfully reproduce, then keeping their genes active among the population gene pool probably isn't in the best interest of the population (especially if an epidemic did break out).

I don't know what you are accusing me of dodging exactly.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #268
robocop
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You threw out the notion that you distrust the involvement of government in vaccination production.
uhhhh... no I didn't. I knew you thought I was drawing some conspiracy government involvement and you instantly felt indignant about it, but I wasn't, you just can't read properly. On the contrary I was saying that I support the system the way it is and I like how people are allowed to criticize the regulatory body. If you would have read what I said before flying off the handle...

Last edited by robocop; 03-03-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #269
MelBridgeman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post

As for my own personal experience, I would rather risk getting a harmless flu that lasts a few days, than taking even a slight chance at having complications from a vaccine.
That's your choice, but if you get the flu, lock yourself in your house until you are better. YOU do realize that the flu is not harmless to everyone, and by virtue of getting the flu could infect someone who can experience complications from the flu.
MelBridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #270
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
uhhhh... no I didn't. I knew you thought I was drawing some conspiracy government involvement and you instantly felt indignant about it, but I wasn't, you just can't read properly. On the contrary I was saying that I support the system the way it is and I like how people are allowed to criticize the regulatory body. If you would have read what I said before flying off the handle...
Flying off the handle? This from the guy who responded to my query with personal attacks. You're a real piece of work.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #271
robocop
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Flying off the handle? This from the guy who responded to my query with personal attacks. You're a real piece of work.
personal attack? where? what? are you kidding me? If you want to see a personal attack I'll give you one that'll make you cry yourself to sleep, you started an argument that didn't exist and can't deal with it. grow up.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #272
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously?? Whos the real hypocrite here?
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #273
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
personal attack? where? what? are you kidding me? If you want to see a personal attack I'll give you one that'll make you cry yourself to sleep, you started an argument that didn't exist and can't deal with it. grow up.
I would love to see one. Please, lay it on me. I'm kinda bored at the moment anyways.

Btw, love that this is coming from the guy who was chastizing people for being abrasive.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #274
robocop
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

yeah that's fairly typical of this forum. I have yet to insult anyone, but if you want to call me a hypocrite I couldn't care less, honestly, go nuts.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #275
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
My view of evolution is fine (and I have the university grades to prove it). Natural selection is one of the mechanisms that guides evolution, and the one that Darwin (the guy in your avatar) became famous for articulating. If individuals are not genetically suited for survival in their particular environment and die out before they can successfully reproduce, then keeping their genes active among the population gene pool probably isn't in the best interest of the population (especially if an epidemic did break out).
Hey, I thought we were exchanging short sentences which made broad misleading generalizations, not having a discussion. But I prefer discussions, so that's good.

You've included a value judgment in your paragraph, that what natural selection would determine in the absence of our brain is what is right/just/moral/preferable/whatever. That value judgment isn't evolution, it's something else.

And of course we do have a brain, and can make vaccines, and that is part of the equation as well. So even in a sick social engineering survival of the fittest scheme administering vaccines is in the best interest of the population, otherwise intelligence would be lost since it wasn't being selected for.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #276
photon

Exp:

Quote:
yeah that's fairly typical of this forum.
Characterizing thousands of forum members like this is a perfect example of trolling, please don't do it.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #277
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
There, fixed.

I gather the argument is that if something isn't 100% perfect in design and manufacturing then any downside, no matter how small, means it shouldn't be done in the first place!

Makes perfect sense!
Eating and (to a lesser extent) driving cars is necessary for my survival.

My decision to not vaccinate does not harm me in any way. Call me when Spanish flu comes around, maybe then I would take a shot.

I just find it hilarious that people here sling mud at others over a silly flu, and an even sillier flu vaccine....
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #278
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
Eating and (to a lesser extent) driving cars is necessary for my survival.
You're suggesting that driving to get some place more quickly is more necessary to survival than eliminating the thousands and thousands of deaths caused by childhood diseases?

Pompous.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #279
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

WHY WAS THIS THREAD BUMPED!?!? ugh this thread kills me.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #280
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
You're suggesting that driving to get some place more quickly is more necessary to survival than eliminating the thousands and thousands of deaths caused by childhood diseases?

Pompous.
"(to a lesser extent)"

Please try to read better. I think you get my point.
mikey_the_redneck is offline   Reply With Quote