Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #261
vegasbound
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This could go in the vaccine thread or the good news thread but I'll put it in here- my mom got approval to go get her "first dose" today from her primary hematologist! Huge news.

She had two doses (worked in a healthcare setting so she had them March/April 2021) and then got diagnosed with leukemia June 2021 and had a stem cell transplant Nov 2021, therefore wiping out ALL immunizations. We've been living like hermits since then, not just because of COVID but all germs so the sooner she gets her COVID vaccines, the sooner they start will all other vaccinations.
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:14 PM   #262
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I tested positive for the first time this evening. Brain fog, headache, sore throat, feel like crap. Triple vaxxed so hopefully not that bad in the next few days
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #263
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Got a call from the senior care home that my parents are living at. My Dad in assisted and my mom in memory care.

Looks like there's an outbreak, my Dad tested positive and is in isolation for 5 days. My mom fortunately not so far.

Even though both of my folks are triple vaccinated, you worry about elderly people and Covid like crazy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 12:02 AM   #264
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
sucks. I was strolling around without a care thinking I was good for 90 days or so after I had it

I'm mostly without a mask now, but I'm still social distancing and keeping my hands clean.
You can keep your hands clean all you want. That's early pandemic myth at this point. We know know it's a mostly air born virus.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 12:08 AM   #265
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean the original influenza pandemic lasted 4 years and now we are obviously not just dealing with the "flu" . Just because you want covid to be down dosen't mean it's done.

We had a customer who is a top elite mtb rider in Nprth America come down with covid and it turned into bronchitis . He's a top cream of the crop enduro rider . Healthy as #### person. We built him this years rig 5 weeks ago and he's just on his feet as of 3 days ago.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #266
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I mean the original influenza pandemic lasted 4 years and now we are obviously not just dealing with the "flu" . Just because you want covid to be down dosen't mean it's done.
It's actually looking to be very similar, 90% of deaths from the Spanish flu were in the first 2 years.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:06 AM   #267
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
You can keep your hands clean all you want. That's early pandemic myth at this point. We know know it's a mostly air born virus.
true, but since we've started with the hand sanitizing, the amount we've gotten sick with other things has sure dropped a lot.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:25 AM   #268
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
true, but since we've started with the hand sanitizing, the amount we've gotten sick with other things has sure dropped a lot.
When you do get hit with something though it's probably going to suck a lot more, your immune system needs constant contact with minor germs and bugs to keep in good shape. Overdoing the hand sanitizer does more harm in the long run than good
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #269
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Remember when we were cautioning against the over use of hand sanitizer and the "superbug" we were creating? Those were the days!
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:32 AM   #270
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My 99-year-old "aunt" got covid this weekend. She was sick last weekend, recovered, and now tested positive for covid. So far no symptoms.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:37 AM   #271
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Got a call from the senior care home that my parents are living at. My Dad in assisted and my mom in memory care.

Even though both of my folks are triple vaccinated, you worry about elderly people and Covid like crazy.
I hear you. Fortunately it seems Omicron and vaccinations are resulting in mostly mild symptoms, even with the elderly. Since Christmas my wife's mother (70's) , her grandmother (90's), and my mom and three of her sisters (all in 70's and 80's) have all contracted Covid. Fortunately nothing more than mild cold like symptoms for all of them.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #272
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was hanging out with 2 good buddies of mine last night in Toronto, both ER docs. With cases rising in Ontario, there are whispers about the mandates potentially coming back. One of my friends is okay if the mandates need to come back to contain spread and manage new infections, but the other doc is not cool at all with any mandates coming back. Very interesting conversation and a bit surprising hearing that from my friend and him saying at one point, "just don't tell me I need to wear a mask again".
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:07 PM   #273
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

CNRL is putting a mask policy back in place immediatly IIRC. Might be a prelude to a provincial mandate
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:08 PM   #274
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this is day 5 and I am totally back to normal. Have been in isolation this whole time, might take the dog for a walk tmrw with mask on. I had about two days of really feeling like crap and then started feeling better every day. Glad I got triple vaxxed, I am sure it helped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2022, 05:16 PM   #275
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Well this is day 5 and I am totally back to normal. Have been in isolation this whole time, might take the dog for a walk tmrw with mask on. I had about two days of really feeling like crap and then started feeling better every day. Glad I got triple vaxxed, I am sure it helped
How long ago was your third?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:30 PM   #276
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
How long ago was your third?
End of January.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2022, 06:12 PM   #277
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
CNRL is putting a mask policy back in place immediatly IIRC. Might be a prelude to a provincial mandate
We might see individual businesses implementing one but I think we’re a long way from a provincial mandate returning.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2022, 10:48 PM   #278
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
We might see individual businesses implementing one but I think we’re a long way from a provincial mandate returning.
especially with voting on Kenney's leadership right now.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 02:04 AM   #279
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tired of talking about Omicron? OK, meet Xe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rmed-in-mumbai

Dammit. Go away.
Sounds transmissible but weak.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:50 AM   #280
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
especially with voting on Kenney's leadership right now.
I don't think we'll see one not just because of the leadership issues, but no UCP leader will put one in, no matter who it is.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote