Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #261
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone seen a store with the Prestige Edition in stock? I want the nightvision goggles.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #262
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

What happens if you say yes to the message that lets you skip the airport scene?

How does the game convey the story to you? A cutscene? Narration?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #263
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
What happens if you say yes to the message that lets you skip the airport scene?

How does the game convey the story to you? A cutscene? Narration?
Does that mission even have anything to do with the story?
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #264
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Terminal is by far my favorite map for multiplayer
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #265
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post

umm yes, it has a great significance

spoiler in white: it's why russia attacked the united states
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #266
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
LOL, that mission has everything to do with the story, it's what triggers WWIII basically.

spoilers:
a totally ridiculous and stupid WWIII where Russian attacks suburban America because it's Red Dawn all over again, but hey, it's a stupid game with one of the most ridiculous stories ever. You know, an American agent branded as a terrorist kills a bunch of civilians in an Airport, Russia retaliates by paratrooping a million armed forces and armor to attack Burger King...Also....Why doesn't the agent just pop Makarov in the head instead of helping to mow down civilians for the "greater good"?

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 11-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #267
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've beat the campaign twice now and still don't know the full story of it. I didn't play the original too much, and I also rarely listen to the full story in between missions.
I was always confused as to the story though. I mean the locations and the character that you are both change from mission to mission that it is hard to keep up with.

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #268
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
I've beat the campaign twice now and still don't know the full story of it. I didn't play the original too much, and I also rarely listen to the full story in between missions.
I was always confused as to the story though. I mean the locations and the character that you are both change from mission to mission that it is hard to keep up with.
I know, the story makes no sense.

I still don't know who the fata Shepherd is. All I know is the last mission/cut-scene was epic.

Why did Russia attack the USA in the airport? I understand you help them (then he shoots you), but the story jumps around so much I have no idea wtf is going on. It is like a season of 24, with all the plot twists, etc, but I can at least understand 24.

How many different guys do you play as in the game? 4? 5?

I like playing the campaign, but it is probably the most confusing story I have ever played.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #269
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

lol I've completed the game and I didn't even know I was more than one character. I never really cared about the story but now that I'm reading this you guys are right, it is pretty ridiculous. So much fun though.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #270
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Why did Russia attack the USA in the airport? I understand you help them (then he shoots you), but the story jumps around so much I have no idea wtf is going on. It is like a season of 24, with all the plot twists, etc, but I can at least understand 24.
You are an American agent planted in a group of terrorists to infiltrate them. They aren't Russian's attacking the US. You are in a Russian airport. Look at the signs! For the "Greater Good", the CIA or whatever has given you permission to mow down hundreds of civilians in cold blood if that's what it takes to gain the trust of and take down the head terrorist who happens to be standing right next to you while you have a gun in your hand so why don't you just kill him in the first place?

When he kills you, the Russians find only the body of the US agent in the airport full of dead people and therefore blames the Americans and assumes the U.S. has declared war on Russia by attacking a Russian airport terminal to mow down civilians.

In retaliation (seems we've all forgotten about nukes and mutually assured destruction) the Russian army invades suburban America by sending down millions of tanks and paratroopers to attack every Burger King in America.

This starts WWIII. The American soldiers are fighting on their own land trying to stop the millions of Russians throwing down their lives to blow up the nearest gas station/diner/grill. The other characters you play are British agents going around the world (and in space!) trying to clear the name of the Americans by capturing targets and gathering intel.

That's the story. I'm serious. It's not hard to understand it. All you have to do is stop using your brain and pretend that you are 5 years old and the story makes perfect sense. It's not that it's confusing, it's just utterly ridiculous and stupid.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 12-01-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #271
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
You are an American agent planted in a group of terrorists to infiltrate them. They aren't Russian's attacking the US. You are in a Russian airport. Look at the signs! For the "Greater Good", the CIA or whatever has given you permission to mow down hundreds of civilians in cold blood if that's what it takes to gain the trust of and take down the head terrorist who happens to be standing right next to you while you have a gun in your hand so why don't you just kill him in the first place?

When he kills you, the Russians find only the body of the US agent in the airport full of dead people and therefore blames the Americans and assumes the U.S. has declared war on Russia by attacking a Russian airport terminal to mow down civilians.

In retaliation (seems we've all forgotten about nukes and mutually assured destruction) the Russian army invades suburban America by sending down millions of tanks and paratroopers to attack every Burger King in America.

This starts WWIII. The American soldiers are fighting on their own land trying to stop the millions of Russians throwing down their lives to blow up the nearest gas station/diner/grill. The other characters you play are British agents going around the world (and in space!) trying to clear the name of the Americans by capturing targets and gathering intel.

That's the story. I'm serious. It's not hard to understand it. All you have to do is stop using your brain and pretend that you are 5 years old and the story makes perfect sense. It's not that it's confusing, it's just utterly ridiculous and stupid.
My 8 year old mind can't comprehend such madness!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #272
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You always play as 3 different characters. Its been that way since the very first Call of Duty.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #273
Bibtin Tex
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I understood it just fine, it doesn't make sense, but I understand it, if that makes sense....?
Bibtin Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #274
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Does the gameplay redeem the idiotic story?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #275
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

any of you play the multiplayer map rust?? played it for the first time last night and I have been in a good 30 hrs of multiplayer... It reminds me of the small ship yard map in COD MW
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #276
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rust is awesome. It is pretty similar to shipment. Just run and gun. LOL

A friend of mine went 104-40 a couple nights ago. Best I could do so far is 52-30.

You guys notice its usually the same maps over and over again? I always get favela and karachi.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #277
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post

A friend of mine went 104-40 a couple nights ago. Best I could do so far is 52-30.

You guys notice its usually the same maps over and over again? I always get favela and karachi.
!04-40 ?? thats a lot of kills and deaths in that time span... he must have had some pavelow/harriers/helicopter kills..... He had to have been playing WAr and got the 12 people on each team .....

I hate Favela... just simply hate it . I hate favela, The snow level , and Underpass ..... Of course those are the three that show up every time lol
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #278
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXguy View Post

And that is the reason I did not buy this for PC
I <3 dedicated servers.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #279
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
!04-40 ?? thats a lot of kills and deaths in that time span... he must have had some pavelow/harriers/helicopter kills..... He had to have been playing WAr and got the 12 people on each team .....

I hate Favela... just simply hate it . I hate favela, The snow level , and Underpass ..... Of course those are the three that show up every time lol
We play hardcore HQ. Favela's OK if it's HQ, otherwise it's just a camp fest.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #280
Staypuft
Self Imposed Ban

Exp:

Played rust for the first time last night as well (I think they were fine tuning it or something, because nobody I knew had played it prior to the weekend), went 25-4 after being dropped into a team deatchmatch midway through. Granted, I got a care package that I miraculously was able to call in and got a pave low. Fun little map.

I agree there are a few maps that just aren't very good, Underpass I hate, derail is not a favourite but Quarry really irks me. It's probably just because I suck at it though.

By in large, the maps are great...so far haven't had any problems at all with the game, a definite improvement over MW1.
Staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote