Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #261
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

For two people to fly to Vegas round trip would be $112 ($28 each passenger; each way) and then $69.40 in taxes. So $181.40 round trip all in, not bad!
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #262
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
For two people to fly to Vegas round trip would be $112 ($28 each passenger; each way) and then $69.40 in taxes. So $181.40 round trip all in, not bad!
Wow, nice, might have to look into a Montana golf / Vegas road trip with the boys.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #263
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Vancouver just got the flight deal to Munich that I posted from YYC yesterday. ($100 more though)

Vancouver to Munich, Germany - $447 USD all in.

June 17-25, Air Transat.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 06-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #264
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Not flying transat has to be worth 300 bucks
Actually the next cheapest flight is Northwest for $1322, a good $900 CDN more.

But I know what you mean, anyone over 6' feels like a sardine on their planes. I once dropped a book underneath my seat and gave up trying to reach it.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #265
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Actually the next cheapest flight is Northwest for $1322, a good $900 CDN more.

But I know what you mean, anyone over 6' feels like a sardine on their planes. I once dropped a book underneath my seat and gave up trying to reach it.

From what I hear, fotze has to put his arms up and stand on his tip toes to be 6'... But I think a better reason not to fly air transat is that one morning we'll all log on to CP and there'll be a thread entitled "Air Transat Ceases Operations; Hundreds Left Stranded".
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #266
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I haven't looked into the conditions but Goway is advertising a Los Angeles to Sydney flight for $399 a person if you book by June 16th for Travel before the 15th of December.

http://goway.com/superspecials/canad...hot-sale-fare/

Again I don't know the strings, but I'm tempted to at least look into it. Australia is nice enough in November for me.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #267
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I haven't looked into the conditions but Goway is advertising a Los Angeles to Sydney flight for $399 a person if you book by June 16th for Travel before the 15th of December.

http://goway.com/superspecials/canad...hot-sale-fare/

Again I don't know the strings, but I'm tempted to at least look into it. Australia is nice enough in November for me.
Is that before or after taxes? LAX often has some amazing deals to Australia. $585 USD after taxes is about the cheapest I'm seeing though.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #268
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Is that before or after taxes? LAX often has some amazing deals to Australia. $585 USD after taxes is about the cheapest I'm seeing though.
I think thats before taxes and fees. I also think that it's with Quantas, but I'm not sure on that one. Cheapest flight I could find was on Delta and it was $657 Canadian per person with all the taxes and fees, which is still very reasonable.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #269
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Deals for June 15, 2009

Calgary to London (UK) - $487 USD

June 19-26 or 20-27, on Air Transat.

Not as great a deal as the Munich one last week, but still a more than decent price.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #270
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a quick question -- I see that most of these fare sales are for June (i.e. last minute travel). What are the chances that these types of sales will also happen in July and August (i.e. high season for travel/vacation spots)? Or do you think we will have to wait until September and October until we start seeing these deals pop up again?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #271
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Just a quick question -- I see that most of these fare sales are for June (i.e. last minute travel). What are the chances that these types of sales will also happen in July and August (i.e. high season for travel/vacation spots)? Or do you think we will have to wait until September and October until we start seeing these deals pop up again?
It all depends on how many people are travelling. If there are quite a few empty seats close to the travel dates, you usually see seat sales pop up in an attempt to fill the plane. That usually doesn't happen in July and August as a lot of people are taking their vacations, but if for some reason not as many people were travelling as anticipated it could happen. Conversely, as less and less seats become available the price usually goes up, which is what you're more likely to see in high season.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #272
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
It all depends on how many people are travelling. If there are quite a few empty seats close to the travel dates, you usually see seat sales pop up in an attempt to fill the plane. That usually doesn't happen in July and August as a lot of people are taking their vacations, but if for some reason not as many people were travelling as anticipated it could happen. Conversely, as less and less seats become available the price usually goes up, which is what you're more likely to see in high season.
Just anecdotally, have had some friends/family coming back from Europe on the charter flights this week, and they said the planes were far from full.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #273
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm hoping for something the last week in August possibly to Italy or anywhere in Europe.
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #274
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Just anecdotally, have had some friends/family coming back from Europe on the charter flights this week, and they said the planes were far from full.
Yeah, June is usually not so bad in my experience. I actually have a flight to Warsaw on Friday, so I'll be able to give some more anecdotal evidence soon...

The busiest time is usually July and August when the kids are out of school from my own experience.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #275
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks. From looking at the various Westjet seat sales that have popped up over the last few months, they were usually until June only. Once you started looking at July and August dates (i.e. when the kids are traditionally out of school), the fares were regular price.

I would suspect other airlines would be similar, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a slow summer
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #276
brownstown24
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Is anyone planning any trips this summer to New York City? I am looking for any deals for my parents to fly down to visit me this summer. Anytime in August. Thanks for any help or advice!

Ps. Does anyone know why Air Canada doesn't fly out of JFK anymore? There direct flights only go to Newark now from YYC?
brownstown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #277
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

west jet only has YYC to EWR (newark) and are your parents in YYC?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #278
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some more silly fares to Gilette, Wyoming & Rock Springs, Wyoming this weekend and next. $200 USD all-in, 3 hour layovers in Denver.

Doubt anyone is really interested in this, but if you are hit me up and I can give you details.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #279
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownstown24 View Post
Is anyone planning any trips this summer to New York City? I am looking for any deals for my parents to fly down to visit me this summer. Anytime in August. Thanks for any help or advice!

Ps. Does anyone know why Air Canada doesn't fly out of JFK anymore? There direct flights only go to Newark now from YYC?
I am looking to go to NY (any airport, I want the best price) September 3-7 and September 24-27. If anyone has any deals for me from Calgary that are less than $500 each round trip, please let me know.
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #280
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'll keep my eye out for West Jet. Right now Sept 1-9 comes to 402 taxes in.