Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2021, 03:37 PM   #261
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I’m sure seven days is more than enough time to conduct a satisfactory investigation into this matter.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #262
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep. Get to the bottom of it and then hang him or leave him alone and let him pitch.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #263
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Phillies bullpen is something else. Another blown save up 3-0; as they were just one out away. 8th time in the last 9 games they have blown a save.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:14 PM   #264
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Two more home runs for Ohtani, he's got 30.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:43 PM   #265
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

He’s on an amazing heater right now. 14 bombs in his last 15 games. On pace for over 60 right now. Just bananas.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #266
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don Mattingly is a coward. Your pathetic little ass hits Acuna every time they play intentional.

Meanwhile discussing Pablo Lopez’s ejection on Friday night, cowardly Mattingly accused Mike Soroka of intentionally throwing at and breaking Peter O’Brien’s ribs more than two years ago.

I am sure Soroka went head-hunting after O'Brien, a 28-year-old journeyman at the time, who had never faced Soroka until the night of the HBP in question.O'Brien played 5 more games after that HBP happened too. What a coward.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:44 PM   #267
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dave Martinez said that Kyle Schwarber has a significant strain of his hamstring. He was on a historic tear as of late. Bummer.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #268
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the #### are the Red Sox 20 games over .500? With that pitching and lineup outside of JD and Bogaerts they should be 31-51. Sports are so dumb sometimes.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #269
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
How the #### are the Red Sox 20 games over .500? With that pitching and lineup outside of JD and Bogaerts they should be 31-51. Sports are so dumb sometimes.
They're 15-7 in 1 run games and 5-2 in extra innings. How absolutely insane is that. Seattle is even more head scratching as they are 19-7 in 1 run games and 10(!!!!)-1 in extra innings. The Mariners are a genuinely bad team, and they have 1 more win than the Jays. I would bet on the Mariners to go on a very long period of losing very very soon. That is unsustainable with a run differential in the -40s.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2021, 08:19 PM   #270
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are several teams punching way above their weight class right now. It's irritating because it's muddling up the wild card standings but hopefully those teams fall off soon. Cleveland, Seattle, The Angels.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #271
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had to see for myself. And sure enough Boston just riding dumb luck in this game. Oakland had bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of 10. A bunt pop out and then a line drive double play. In the next inning Oakland again has runner 1st and 2nd nobody out. Three very hard hit balls right at Sox players. Top of the 11 and Boston gets the cheapest of bloop singles and will probably take this game.

I'd throw some cash on them while the odds are still decent. That team will probably win it all. Just like they're ####ty 2013 ball club.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:30 PM   #272
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Austin Riley can’t be out when Alec Bohm was called safe on the same play earlier in the season. MLB you are a joke.

EDIT: Congratulations to Don Mattingly, who voluntarily walked Kevan Smith to face Max Fried with the bases loaded. Excellent choice you smug loser. Lol

Last edited by Drake; 07-04-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #273
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Drake I respect how much you hate Don Mattingly!

Also how about Aroldis Chapman turning into a lemon lately. Gerrit Cole gets booed off the field AND they lose to the Mets in the 7th by giving up 6 runs AND it was Aroldis Chapman blowing the save? Things are not good in Yankee land and I love it.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #274
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ohtani with another bomb today. 31 for the season.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:44 PM   #275
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe the Angels have Ohtani and Trout and can't even get a sniff of a playoff spot.

How is that even possible? So inept.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:16 PM   #276
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
I can't believe the Angels have Ohtani and Trout and can't even get a sniff of a playoff spot.

Don't look now but the Angels are a game above .500 and charging (winning 6 of last 7) and only 2 behind the Jays. If you think the Jays are in the playoff race then the Angels certainly are. Unfortunately, they won't get Trout back for a couple more months, but that could be just in time for a run.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:42 PM   #277
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

They are inept, but Trout has been out since May 17 I believe...not sure how many wins they would have gotten if he was in the lineup however.

Its a shame though; Ohtani is the playoffs would be must see TV imo.

Can't wait to watch the HR Derby - should be interesting.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:06 PM   #278
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1413211026107949059

Things keep looking more and more bleak for Bauer.

Apparently a bunch of his team mates on the Dodgers have all unfollowed him twitter or whatever?

His goose might be cooked.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #279
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon45

Quote:
https://twitter.com/user/status/1413211026107949059

Things keep looking more and more bleak for Bauer.

Apparently a bunch of his team mates on the Dodgers have all unfollowed him twitter or whatever?

His goose might be cooked.
Getting himself traded out of Arizona because no one liked him. Throwing one of the biggest on field tantrums ever in Cleveland and getting himself sent out of town the next day. I can't imagine things were much better with his Dodger teammates behind the scenes before this.

The Dodgers knew about Trevor Bauer’s off the field harassment. They had to have a press conference when he was signed to address it. Bauer refused to say he would stop and went right back to doing it that very day after Andrew Friedman gave his word the issues were addressed. Now there's credible evidence of sexual harassment.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #280
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Guess the Jays dodged a bullet. They were in the Bauer sweepstakes(?). Maybe just lip service. Jays got Springer instead.