Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #261
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
So part of your argument is that people need more bullets cause people are lousy shots?

I just want to be certain so when we talk about innocent bystanders being defended by others with guns this is part of the discussion again.
It shows that even when you are a cop it is hard to put someone down in the heat of the moment. It's not like a Hollywood action film where a guy can hold his pistol in one hand and pick people off at 50 yards.

Most people don't have to defend themselves in a highly populated public setting, but most likely in their own homes or on their own property.

You want to talk about lousy shots look no further than the police that CP likes to idolize. They almost routinely shoot innocent bystanders.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #262
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
I hope so
Atleast you're honest about it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #263
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
It does. View the stats at the start of this video to see how even pro shooters like cops have a low % hit rate.

Smaller magazine capacity will make no difference whatsoever.

This is about getting the foot in the door for more gun control down the road......incrementally.
Which is actually a good argument against putting high capacity magazines in the ends of people less trained then cops.

Those misses, those bullets go somewhere, this isn't hollywood where house walls stop bullets.

Plus where the hell is there a need for some idiot to just blaze away.

With high capacity magazines those people in killing rages can carry less magazines and shoot longer easier. Get rid of them.

Its pretty plain that the U.S. needs some form of gun control, and while I do respect the second amendment, nowhere in it does it say that while you have a right to bear arms, that these arms should be really easy to get and you should have the right to a weapon that fires hundreds of rounds per minute in a quantity that a person could walk on the stream.

Plus all the idiots in the world with uzi's and AR15's are not going to stop a determined tyrannical government.

Sometimes public safety has to come before individual rights.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #264
mikey_the_redneck
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^^ Come on CC, you know damn well you can get ammo that breaks apart easy for most if not all weapons. Not everything has to bust through walls and travel for miles. There is pistol ammo that can safely be fired on an airplane.

The video proved the high capacity argument wrong. It makes a negligable difference. The Columbine shooters had their backpacks loaded with plenty of ammo, it doesn't matter whether they had 10 or 30 round magazines.

After the Rodney King verdict, many asian store owners in the rioting L.A. neighborhoods stood on the rooftops of their shops with their AR-15's. They are vital to the 2nd amendment. It seems the Afghans, ....a determined people can use their AK-47's and other archaic weapons to keep the mighty Uncle Sam war machine in frustration.

If you want public safety the first step would be to mandate that a certain % of teachers be trained in firearms and schools declared non gun free zones.

To interject some humor here:

Listen to the sound of that mans voice. Typical gun grabber...ha
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #265
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Wow. So 20 kids lost their lives at Newton on December 14th.

But according to that chart, another 41 kids 12 and under were shot and killed since then?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #266
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The video proved the high capacity argument wrong. It makes a negligable difference. The Columbine shooters had their backpacks loaded with plenty of ammo, it doesn't matter whether they had 10 or 30 round magazines.
Yes it does. To think it doesn't matter is a huge error on your part.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #267
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Columbine shooters had their backpacks loaded with plenty of ammo, it doesn't matter whether they had 10 or 30 round magazines.
Yes, it does. During the Taber school shooting in 1999, the gym teacher was able to tackle the shooter and wrestle him to the ground. He was able to do this when the shooter had to stop to reload. One person died that day; if the shooter had been equipped with high-capacity magazines, how many more deaths would there have been?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #268
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Yes, it does. During the Taber school shooting in 1999, the gym teacher was able to tackle the shooter and wrestle him to the ground. He was able to do this when the shooter had to stop to reload. One person died that day; if the shooter had been equipped with high-capacity magazines, how many more deaths would there have been?
The correct response is if there was a teacher there packing, this would have all been prevented.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #269
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
The correct response is if there was a teacher there packing, this would have all been prevented.
If you're being facetious, ignore this response please. Otherwise:

So the statistics above that even trained police have poor aim don't affect this instance? A teacher with poor aim would potentially have picked off another student or two (or more) while attempting to hit the shooter, more likely than he would've prevented or stopped it as quickly as he managed to.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #270
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
and it all happened like in the movies, which you've already admitted isn't real.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #271
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
^^ Come on CC, you know damn well you can get ammo that breaks apart easy for most if not all weapons. Not everything has to bust through walls and travel for miles. There is pistol ammo that can safely be fired on an airplane.
I doubt that most gun owners are buying that type of ammo, instead they're buying the ammo with the maximum stopping or killing power.

Quote:
Actually that goes against your argument, I can guarantee that if they had high capacity magazines, the body count would have been higher. The biggest argument against high capacity is it makes you a more effective killing machine with less time reloading and re chambering and re-aiming and more time laying down sheets of bullets.

Quote:
After the Rodney King verdict, many asian store owners in the rioting L.A. neighborhoods stood on the rooftops of their shops with their AR-15's. They are vital to the 2nd amendment. It seems the Afghans, ....a determined people can use their AK-47's and other archaic weapons to keep the mighty Uncle Sam war machine in frustration.
I don't even know where to start with this argument, but a large percentage of assualties started with IED's and explosives and mines, I really don't see where that's in the second ammendment. When it was bullet on bullet action, the American's and coalition troops won most if not all of the direct gun fire battles.

And having a bunch of semi trained morons standing on the roof with itchy or nervous trigger fingers and little training is a prime recipe for the wrong person being shot. Vigilantism is not really something to be proud of. could you imagine if during the G-20 riots we allowed morons with personal weapons in the streets? We wouldn't be talking about illegal arrests anymore, we would be talking about stupid kids being shot down by equally stupid gun owners. No thanks

Quote:
If you want public safety the first step would be to mandate that a certain % of teachers be trained in firearms and schools declared non gun free zones.
This has been debated many times over, and I'm in agreement with most of the board that this is the stupidest fracking thing that's ever been put forward. First of all they're teachers not gun fighters. Second of all it took years to train someone like me on how to work in a stressfull combat situation. Not a f##king weekend NRA training course, not not a week long NRA sponsered training camp. It took half a year before I was even considered semi competant to be able to do anything combat worthy, and years of lavish and expensive training. Putting a gun in the hands of a teacher who's level of training is they target shot is utterly ######ed, and instead of a dead insane shooter, you'd probably have a toeless teacher with poop filled pants and students with holes in it.

Give me a break.

I have a great idea, how about we make it tougher for people to get guns that might be a threat due to mental health issues, former or current criminal activities, or a hero streak, general mental immaturity or other things. And how in the hell does it make sense in any modern Western civilization for a person to walk around on the street armed that isn't trained to the level of a cop or a soldier. Its the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

The NRA proposal was stupid to the point of insanity, the second amendment has to be overhauled. Gun crimes need to be dealt with properly. Period, we don't need more guns on the street we need less.

As an add on a assault rifle with a 30 round magazine is a the stupidest weapon to use in a confined space for home defense period, From a sense of urban assault exercises its the next thing to pointless.

Quote:
To interject some humor here:

Listen to the sound of that mans voice. Typical gun grabber...ha
Actually I don't find that all that funny of a video, it goes back to the point that a gun is a dangerous thing in the hands of the stupid and poorly trained. Those girls shouldn't even be allowed to fire a weapon until someone shows then a) some god damned gun safety and B) maybe how to hold it properly so they don't bust their faces to crap or drop the weapon and accidentally shoot someone else.

Oh but they got hit in the face hah hah hah that's hilarious.

Sorry Mikey, I don't mean to vent on you but I'm sick of reading stories of innocent people dying for no reasons and then morons either hiding behind the second amendment or stating you know what the solution is? A more heavily armed society. Its stupid its moronic and its wasteful.

Go to the families of the victims of Sandy Hook and columbine and say, hey if we had more guns in society or bigger magazines it never would have happened.

Its time for the stupidity to end, I don't think much of Obama and I think that Biden is a blistering moron, but I hope that they have the resolve and strength to get something done.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #272
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:

After the Rodney King verdict, many asian store owners in the rioting L.A. neighborhoods stood on the rooftops of their shops with their AR-15's. They are vital to the 2nd amendment.

Your implication here is that property is more valuable than human life.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #273
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It shows that even when you are a cop it is hard to put someone down in the heat of the moment. It's not like a Hollywood action film where a guy can hold his pistol in one hand and pick people off at 50 yards.

Most people don't have to defend themselves in a highly populated public setting, but most likely in their own homes or on their own property.

You want to talk about lousy shots look no further than the police that CP likes to idolize. They almost routinely shoot innocent bystanders.

Call me lazy as I don't want to go back and look but are you one of those that thought that people should have been armed in the Colorado theatre and it would have been a better outcome?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #274
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
Call me lazy as I don't want to go back and look but are you one of those that thought that people should have been armed in the Colorado theatre and it would have been a better outcome?

A person would have to be stupid to hold that view, no?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #275
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
A person would have to be stupid to hold that view, no?
I would have to agree with you
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #276
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

President Barack Obama retweets photo of Lennons glasses on the Beatles 50th anniversary.

The Following User Says Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #277
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

2,923 or more gun deaths since Newtown.

Americans are unbelievably naive and gullible when they let a group like the NRA matter, imo

and Harry Reid is a #####.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._shooting.html
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #278
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
2,923 or more gun deaths since Newtown.

Americans are unbelievably naive and gullible when they let a group like the NRA matter, imo

and Harry Reid is a #####.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._shooting.html
The American Political Process has been broken for about 150 years, and corrupt for more than 75.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #279
mrvee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The U.S.A was built on violence let them kill each other off.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #280
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvee View Post
The U.S.A was built on violence let them kill each other off.
Closed Thread