Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #261
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like pats lost 3-1, klimchuk 0 goals 0 assists +0
Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #262
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Poirier has a goal so far. Gatineau up 3-1 in the 2nd intermission.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #263
jaymac106
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Poirier just chipped in with an empty netter and is now second in the Q in scoring,!
jaymac106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #264
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

2 goals for Poirier tonight. 4-1 win for Gatineau.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #265
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poirier adds an empty-net goal in a 4-1 win. He has 12 goals and 12 assists in 14 games and is now in second place in QMJHL scoring behind Anthony Mantha (35 points in 13 games ... how ridiculous is that?!).

EDIT: late to the party, I see
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #266
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Curious what the story is behind manthas offensive outburst so far. Dominant team/line, or just great individual effort?
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #267
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpy-Gunt View Post
Curious what the story is behind manthas offensive outburst so far. Dominant team/line, or just great individual effort?
Me too. I haven't heard much about him, I know he was drafted just ahead of Poirier, and he is 6 ' 5". His team seems to score like crazy but also gives up a lot of goals too.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #268
Knalus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, I'm curious about the same with Porier. Aside from the fact he's pretty awesome, what's he doing that is giving him such success? Is he sniping better, powerplay, better linemates...? Anyone who watches have a good analysis since the season started?
Knalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #269
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knalus View Post
Honestly, I'm curious about the same with Porier. Aside from the fact he's pretty awesome, what's he doing that is giving him such success? Is he sniping better, powerplay, better linemates...? Anyone who watches have a good analysis since the season started?
A full NHL training camp could be one of the reasons why. He now knows what it's going to take to become a full-time NHLer.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #270
herashak
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Mantha lit it up last year. he is huge and has a cannon of a shot. I like poirier more as a nhler
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #271
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
Mantha lit it up last year. he is huge and has a cannon of a shot. I like poirier more as a nhler
He can snipe for sure, the knock is he's very one dimensional,non existent defence,low hockey IQ and doesn't know he has a teammate on the ice.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #272
squirtle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I heard he's been carrying his team on his back and his team is actually pretty brutal. I've never watched his team play myself though.
squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #273
etdpratt
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames What's the story with Klimchuck

I am just curious if any flames fans have been attending or watching any of the Pats games this year? Klimchuck's stats are decent, but nothing special for a 1st rounder, and I want to get the perspective of people who have actually been watching.
etdpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #274
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
He can snipe for sure, the knock is he's very one dimensional,non existent defence,low hockey IQ and doesn't know he has a teammate on the ice.
I've never heard any of those. The knocks I'd heard pre-draft were mostly that he didn't put out a consistent effort and that his defense needed work (which isn't the same as non-existent).
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #275
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdpratt View Post
I am just curious if any flames fans have been attending or watching any of the Pats games this year? Klimchuck's stats are decent, but nothing special for a 1st rounder, and I want to get the perspective of people who have actually been watching.
Klimchuck is 15th in WHL scoring and the majority of guys above him are either 19 year olds or a couple 20 year olds in their overage year. Sure there are a couple 18 year old fellow '13 draftees ahead of him but I'd say stat wise Klimchuck is off to a fine start this season.

Haven't watched him play, just putting the stats into perspective.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #276
Dienasty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Klimchuck is 15th in WHL scoring and the majority of guys above him are either 19 year olds or a couple 20 year olds in their overage year. Sure there are a couple 18 year old fellow '13 draftees ahead of him but I'd say stat wise Klimchuck is off to a fine start this season.

Haven't watched him play, just putting the stats into perspective.
Not to mention regina is not a high octane team (39GF in 13GP), they are a below average team in the goals for department. The fact that Klimchuk is in the top 15 shows how valuable he is to that team, not to mention he will be facing the hardest matchups night in and night out
Dienasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #277
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienasty View Post
Not to mention regina is not a high octane team (39GF in 13GP), they are a below average team in the goals for department. The fact that Klimchuk is in the top 15 shows how valuable he is to that team, not to mention he will be facing the hardest matchups night in and night out
Good point. Klimchuk has 18 points from Regina's 39 goals. So, he has been involved with 46% of their scoring.

Last year's WHL leading scorers (Leipsic and Petan in Portland) had 120 points each. Portland scored a total of 334 goals last year, so they were in on 36% of the team's total scoring.

Right now, there are only four players who have points on a greater percentage of his team's goals than Klimchuk, and one of them is Sam Reinhart, the projected first overall pick at next year's draft.

Last edited by getbak; 10-25-2013 at 05:23 PM.
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to getbak For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #278
TheDebaser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Good point. Klimchuk has been in on 18 points from Regina's 39 goals. So, he has been involved with 46% of their scoring.

Last year's WHL leading scorers (Leipsic and Petan in Portland) had 120 points each. Portland scored a total of 334 goals last year, so they were in on 36% of the team's total scoring.

Right now, there are only four players who have points on a greater percentage of his team's goals than Klimchuk, and one of them is Sam Reinhart, the projected first overall pick at next year's draft.
Who are the other three?

btw, Monahan had 78 points on a team that scored 204 goals for a 38% contribution.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #279
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDebaser View Post
Who are the other three?
Mitch Holmberg in Spokane (undrafted, 20 year-old, 5th year junior): 32 points on 48 team goals.

Reinhart in Kootenay: 23 points on 37 team goals.

Travis Brown in Moose Jaw (19 year-old d-man, Chicago's 2012 5th round pick): 21 points on 41 team goals.

Jaedon Descheneau in Kootenay (undrafted, 18 year-old): 19 points on 37 team goals.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #280
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some early College games on a Friday afternoon...

Yale is playing Brown at the Prudential Center in Newark. The score is 1-1 at the start of the third. No points for Agostino.

Providence is playing Miami (Ohio) at home in Providence. It's early in the first period. PC leads 1-0 on an early goal from their fourth line (no points for any Flames picks).

There's a live stream of the game available again: http://mediaplayer.cox-sports.com/me...B_OEM_ID=25400

When the page loads, it will start playing a promo video, click "Live Events" at the bottom of the left column, then click "Watch Now" at the top of the right column.

After the PC games ends, it will be time for Boston College on BTN.