Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #2741
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
https://www.startribune.com/manufact...ity/571104922/

Hey I hear that real estate is about to get cheap in riot cities. Also rural areas are about to get a whole lot more city dwellers.

Also uncorroborated reports that truck drivers will refuse destinations to cities with defunded police departments.

Paywall New York Times article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/o...nd-police.html

There hadn't been riots in a over a week, so you missed your shot at cheap real estate.

I'll be waiting with bated breath for you to corroborate the trucker story.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 08:30 PM   #2742
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
“Vaguely” points a weapon (which can and most likely will completely incapacitate you) at police and you’re upset he was shot. You know what AFC, I’m so sick of your holier than though takes because you run a f’in group home or have foster kids or whatever. You wouldn’t last a shift if you put your big boy pants on and had to deal with REAL issues. You’re the absolute worst. Contribute nothing and escalate everything.
I'm upset a guy was shot when he presented no mortal threat to the two cops chasing him at all, as a taser while unpleasant isn't a mortal threat, had it been one cop on his own I would view it differently but it was two so even if the kid had been ungodly lucky, I mean go out and buy a lottery ticket lucky, and hit and incapacitated the first cop the second one was easily able to shoot him if need be.

The kid presented no threat to either officer, was running away at full speed from his own car and the cops, ensuring he wouldn't escape justice, as they knew full well who he was and where he lived, he was being arrested for a DUI, not mass murder or membership of ISIS.

Unlike you I did watch both video's before I posted because I had heard the story and could easily see a situation where a suspect with the officers taser could present a mortal threat, this wasn't that situation, you want to slag me off because I don't like cops killing people, well I suppose that's your weird position, but at least watch the effing video first.
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #2743
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
I'm upset a guy was shot when he presented no mortal threat to the two cops chasing him at all, as a taser while unpleasant isn't a mortal threat, had it been one cop on his own I would view it differently but it was two so even if the kid had been ungodly lucky, I mean go out and buy a lottery ticket lucky, and hit and incapacitated the first cop the second one was easily able to shoot him if need be.

The kid presented no threat to either officer, was running away at full speed from his own car and the cops, ensuring he wouldn't escape justice, as they knew full well who he was and where he lived, he was being arrested for a DUI, not mass murder or membership of ISIS.

Unlike you I did watch both video's before I posted because I had heard the story and could easily see a situation where a suspect with the officers taser could present a mortal threat, this wasn't that situation, you want to slag me off because I don't like cops killing people, well I suppose that's your weird position, but at least watch the effing video first.
This was no kid, he was a 27 year old man. Why try to make this out to be even worse then it already is?
Old 06-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #2744
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You’re such a complete moron. Yes, if the suspect presented a TASER and was able to incapacitate said police officer with a gun on their hip, he could gain access to that gun! I can’t f’ing believe that I’m defending cops against being TASER’d. You’re a special kind of stupid.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:42 PM   #2745
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

As to your second comment, about me not having to deal with real issues, well I have had kids die on me, I've found their bodies, I have ben attacked more times than I can even remember, I have had guns pointed at me, shotguns racked to my head (brown trouser time that was) I have had to clean up pools of blood with a bucket and mop, taken more rape disclosures than I can remember, into the hundreds, I have even chased a John down the road with a baseball bat and smashed out his car window as I lost it when he came to me group home to pick up a 13 year old for sex.

I'm not sure what big boy pants you think I haven't put on but if you can sit in an office with a 12 year old and listen while they tell you about their father sexually abusing them and stay calm and realise you need to build a case for prosecution and not freak out and cry or just drive to the fathers house and kill him, well if so we are wearing the same pants.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #2746
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You’re such a complete moron. Yes, if the suspect presented a TASER and was able to incapacitate said police officer with a gun on their hip, he could gain access to that gun! I can’t f’ing believe that I’m defending cops against being TASER’d. You’re a special kind of stupid.
You havnt watched the video yet, I know by that response, go watch the video, not the struggle, the one from the Wendys camera that catches the shooting
Old 06-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #2747
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a better video but this is pretty obvious as well

Old 06-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #2748
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As to your second comment, about me not having to deal with real issues, well I have had kids die on me, I've found their bodies, I have ben attacked more times than I can even remember, I have had guns pointed at me, shotguns racked to my head (brown trouser time that was) I have had to clean up pools of blood with a bucket and mop, taken more rape disclosures than I can remember, into the hundreds, I have even chased a John down the road with a baseball bat and smashed out his car window as I lost it when he came to me group home to pick up a 13 year old for sex.

I'm not sure what big boy pants you think I haven't put on but if you can sit in an office with a 12 year old and listen while they tell you about their father sexually abusing them and stay calm and realise you need to build a case for prosecution and not freak out and cry or just drive to the fathers house and kill him, well if so we are wearing the same pants.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #2749
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Hey man, you’ve clearly dealt with some ####e in your life in what seems to be mostly a controlled environment which you quite frankly volunteered yourself for. Again, you’re out to f’ing lunch if you’re trying to equate your experiences as being a victim to being a person placed in authority to enforce the Queen’s laws. Stop trying equate your experience to that of a cop because you’re way out of touch.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #2750
Bent Wookie

Ahhh AFC... Still feeding us the garbage and the board eating it up.

Ya man, I bet you've done all those things... Weren't you also involved in taking out Bin Laden?

Also you've mentioned police training. Damn... Anything you haven't done?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bent Wookie; 06-13-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:55 PM   #2751
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You havnt watched the video yet, I know by that response, go watch the video, not the struggle, the one from the Wendys camera that catches the shooting
Are you being purposely stupid? HE GRABBED A F’ING WEAPON FROM A COP AND POINTED IT AT THEM! YES! You get shot 100% of the time you do that! You are such a twat
Old 06-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #2752
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you being purposely stupid? HE GRABBED A F’ING WEAPON FROM A COP AND POINTED IT AT THEM! YES! You get shot 100% of the time you do that! You are such a twat
Dude...you are welcome to disagree with him but stop the insults and name calling immediately.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #2753
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey man, you’ve clearly dealt with some ####e in your life in what seems to be mostly a controlled environment which you quite frankly volunteered yourself for. Again, you’re out to f’ing lunch if you’re trying to equate your experiences as being a victim to being a person placed in authority to enforce the Queen’s laws. Stop trying equate your experience to that of a cop because you’re way out of touch.
I'm not equating my experience to that of a cop, I have spent my whole life dealing with the same people they arrest without the benefit of a gun, handcuffs, a radio or authority in any way shape or form, I also didn't have the luxury of not having to know anything about them, I was always acutely aware of why my client was naked and waving a carving knife in my face.

Nothing I have ever done was in a controlled environment, an SRO on the downtown eastside or a crack shack in Surrey isn't a controlled environment, except the occasions I was working out of a jail, and frankly if you think a jail is controlled you're out to lunch.

Cops do a difficult job, some well some dreadfully, these cops shot a kid for running away, nothing more nothing less, there are crimes that you should be shot even if you are running away, DUI isn't one of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:07 PM   #2754
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Wookie View Post
Ahhh AFC... Still feeding us the garbage and the board eating it up.

Ya man, I bet you've done all those things... Weren't you also involved in taking out Bin Laden?

Also you've mentioned police training. Damn... Anything you haven't done?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
14 years working out of Juvi as a release planner, 2 years working out of a federal halfway house, 10 or 15 working out of group homes alternate schools rehabs and treatment facilities, as well concurrent with most of that a foster parent, oh and a year at A&B sound selling hi fi, that's all I have done, the only thing exceptional about me is I have done it longer than most, it tends to be a job people leave after a decade or so, I have always liked it.

If you work in a jail or for the feds you tend to get some cross training with the cops, I never understood why I was trained to handcuff people as I never had hand cuffs but it was mandated like first aid, suicide intervention and cultural awareness so whatever
Old 06-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #2755
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not equating my experience to that of a cop, I have spent my whole life dealing with the same people they arrest without the benefit of a gun, handcuffs, a radio or authority in any way shape or form, I also didn't have the luxury of not having to know anything about them, I was always acutely aware of why my client was naked and waving a carving knife in my face.

Nothing I have ever done was in a controlled environment, an SRO on the downtown eastside or a crack shack in Surrey isn't a controlled environment, except the occasions I was working out of a jail, and frankly if you think a jail is controlled you're out to lunch.

Cops do a difficult job, some well some dreadfully, these cops shot a kid for running away, nothing more nothing less, there are crimes that you should be shot even if you are running away, DUI isn't one of them.
Everything you did was under the guise of you in plainclothes trying to “help” people. When you enter a situation in uniform people hate you off the bat. Guess what man, you take a TASER off a cop and point it at them and you get shot everytime:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #2756
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
14 years working out of Juvi as a release planner, 2 years working out of a federal halfway house, 10 or 15 working out of group homes alternate schools rehabs and treatment facilities, as well concurrent with most of that a foster parent, oh and a year at A&B sound selling hi fi, that's all I have done, the only thing exceptional about me is I have done it longer than most, it tends to be a job people leave after a decade or so, I have always liked it.

If you work in a jail or for the feds you tend to get some cross training with the cops, I never understood why I was trained to handcuff people as I never had hand cuffs but it was mandated like first aid, suicide intervention and cultural awareness so whatever
Ooooooooooh 14 years as a juvi release planner. You’re some sort of public safety expert aren’t you? Total controlled environment and you wanna preach public safety from your glory days in dear ‘Ol England and working with kids in a halfway house. You’ve no damn clue and all you do is spread distrust and assumptions instead of having a conversation to improve things. Shame on you
Old 06-13-2020, 09:18 PM   #2757
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ooooooooooh 14 years as a juvi release planner. You’re some sort of public safety expert aren’t you? Total controlled environment and you wanna preach public safety from your glory days in dear ‘Ol England and working with kids in a halfway house. You’ve no damn clue and all you do is spread distrust and assumptions instead of having a conversation to improve things. Shame on you
None of this was in the UK, I came to Canada at 25, and no I'm no expert, but if you shoot someone in the back as they run away, well call me an anarchist but I consider that at best manslaughter
Old 06-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #2758
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
None of this was in the UK, I came to Canada at 25, and no I'm no expert, but if you shoot someone in the back as they run away, well call me an anarchist but I consider that at best manslaughter
You keep pushing that narrative. I watched the video, he shot a weapon at police, he didn’t have to he CHOSE to. He could have just run away but he CHOSE to point and shoot a weapon at cops.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:23 PM   #2759
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
While this issue probably goes deeper than I care about, might I recommend just putting afc on ignore so the rest of us don’t need to watch this childish tantrum?

I mean the biggest accomplishment here is you’re making yourself look bad and you encouraged another of Bent Wookie’s painfully mindless drivebys. There has to be a way to talk about this like normal adults, or at least to find something better to do on a Saturday night.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:23 PM   #2760
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Okay so without embarrassing yourself, the question posed is: “is it okay to shoot someone in the back, who is running away, with a non-lethal, for a non-violent crime?”

It doesn’t sound okay... I really don’t want to watch the video so I’m going to hold judgement on this particular instance. But it’s happened before... is this really what we want police doing? Or should they be trained to react to the situation and potentially just let this drunken man run away while you call in backup. Already have all his identification.
Closed Thread