Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #241
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sitting down to watch season finale of Ted Lasso and WTF it’s not available yet? I’d been watching last two weeks assuming the whole season had aired already. Aargh…

Purposely stayed out of this thread but will give my two cents now.

I love this show although this season doesn’t have all the magic of season 1. I think primarily because you had some unsympathetic characters through season 1 and their change/revelation was dramatic. This year every main character is lovable. Even with the heel turn we’re seeing.

Anyway can’t wait to see where it’s going and hoping for more of Jamie Tartt.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:37 PM   #242
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Premier League has secured a lucrative licensing deal with the hit comedy TV show Ted Lasso.

The agreement, understood to be worth as much as £500,000, allows the award-winning show’s producers to use archive footage, the Premier League’s logos, club kits and even the league trophy.
https://theathletic.com/news/ted-las...e/ixta1w3JVeRu

Also my understanding is that they will have access to actual PL footage.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2021, 09:38 PM   #243
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Either the team wins the next game and Ted gives Nate all the credit, or they lose and Ted takes all the blame. That's just who Ted is. Internally, though, I don't see a way for Ted to keep him on the team. You just can't have a rogue coach, it doesn't really matter what the consequences are.

I do think Rupert is involved with this African team though. They gave up the remaining shares (which were in his wife's name) last week, which paves the way for him to own another team again. I think he's going to be tbe big cliffhanger reveal for next week's finale. Like the final scene will be a shot of him and his wife sitting on a couch in front of a fire, and then he gets a text from Nate thanking him for his advice and letting him know he's gonna be head coach for a new team in Africa, while a text notification from Edwin pops up saying something about their partnership.

One of the stories next season will be about Sam trying to get out of his transferred contract that he agreed to before it was revealed that Rupert is one of the owners.
Rupert and nate being involved in an African team doesn’t really have a huge impact on a championship/PL bubble team. They would never play each other (outside friendlies)

I think Rupert buys a rival team and has nate coach. I guess that depends on if they get promoted next season. As they use crystal palaces facilities it could be them

Edit: as mentioned above with the EPL deal, they likely get promoted next season
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #244
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Rupert and nate being involved in an African team doesn’t really have a huge impact on a championship/PL bubble team. They would never play each other (outside friendlies)

I think Rupert buys a rival team and has nate coach. I guess that depends on if they get promoted next season. As they use crystal palaces facilities it could be them

Edit: as mentioned above with the EPL deal, they likely get promoted next season
I'm wondering if them winning promotion is going to be a major plot point of the Season 2 finale. A bit of a spoiler on the part of the News.

Them getting a little dig back at Ted Lasso for besmirching the honour of Journalists...

That being said, as a lifelong soccer fan, British Football Journalists had very, very little honour to cling to in the first place.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-05-2021, 10:02 PM   #245
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
https://theathletic.com/news/ted-las...e/ixta1w3JVeRu

Also my understanding is that they will have access to actual PL footage.
This is awesome.

Always a failing of sports movies/tv trying to show the pros.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:05 PM   #246
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll spoiler this:

Spoiler!

And my opinion...

Spoiler!

Old 10-05-2021, 10:08 PM   #247
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nate could have been such a likable character.

I'm glad they made him an insufferable ass.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #248
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Nate could have been such a likable character.

I'm glad they made him an insufferable ass.
Nate needs a date with Led Tasso or an infuriated Roy Kent.

Old 10-06-2021, 08:05 AM   #249
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

I think Roy and Beard take care of Mate before Ted gets a chance to speak with him. Nate resigns and hooks up with whatever Rupert is cooking.

Ted ends up using Nates play which helps them win, Ted credits Nate with the press but it’s too late as Nate has left the club. Nate feels bad. Nate redemption arc in season 3.

Richmond goes on to win the whole ####ing thing in final season.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:23 AM   #250
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
I think Roy and Beard take care of Mate before Ted gets a chance to speak with him. Nate resigns and hooks up with whatever Rupert is cooking.

Ted ends up using Nates play which helps them win, Ted credits Nate with the press but it’s too late as Nate has left the club. Nate feels bad. Nate redemption arc in season 3.

Richmond goes on to win the whole ####ing thing in final season.
That is what Ted told us would happen at the end of last season.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #251
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't if my memory is just foggy, but I don't remember Nate doing anything in season 1 to show he was a good guy. Didn't we like him because we felt sorry for him being picked on and cheered his underdog story. I mostly just remember him being kind of a quiet guy that just took the abuse and was scared to say too much. He could have been a decent guy or not. We didn't really know him.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:34 AM   #252
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Nate redemption arc in season 3.
I'm hoping this mainly consists of him meticulously cleaning every mirror that he spit on. for some reason I'm finding that habit of his excessively gross.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:00 AM   #253
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I am wondering if after everyone knows about Nate turning on Ted that something comes up about him bullying the new locker room kid (name escapes me). To me something needs to come of this as Beard has seen this at least once if not more and always had a face of I should do something about this but Nate will hang him self (not literally of course).

I am excited for the finale though, should be interesting.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #254
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'll spoiler this:

And my opinion...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Of course reporters wouldn't disclose a source that easily, but a Premier League team wouldn't higher an American football coach to be their gaffer... So much a do about nothing awful announcing . com
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:59 AM   #255
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I don't if my memory is just foggy, but I don't remember Nate doing anything in season 1 to show he was a good guy. Didn't we like him because we felt sorry for him being picked on and cheered his underdog story. I mostly just remember him being kind of a quiet guy that just took the abuse and was scared to say too much. He could have been a decent guy or not. We didn't really know him.
Yeah that was kind of my point. In a lot of similar storys, we could have expected him to grow, earn the respect of the players, become a confident person, and ultimately the defacto replacement for Ted when he inevitably leaves.

Instead, a much more realistic approach actually is what's happening. He's transformed himself into what he hated (a bully), become self obsessed, and hasn't gained any self-confidence which is getting channeled into self-pity, jealousy, and feelings of of lack of respect from others.
Old 10-07-2021, 04:34 PM   #256
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Is it weird that I want one of these? https://wbshop.com/products/ted-lass...ey-kent-jersey
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:02 PM   #257
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Is it weird that I want one of these? https://wbshop.com/products/ted-lass...ey-kent-jersey
No, no it’s not. It helps me justify my purchase as well.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gundo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #258
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That was a season finale.

Beard was representing all viewers. Sam Richardson had one heck of an impact in a short time.

and

Spoiler!
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #259
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

That African Billionaire scene hit a hard and unexpected left.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:28 PM   #260
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

The finale went as predicted, almost no surprise at all. Sam rejecting the offer to go play elsewhere, and Nate trying to intentionally screw the team (as a parting gift before he went to work for Rupert), but the team still got the result.

What is a little bit surprising is that Keeley having to choose between career and family and how Roy Kent is reacting to it. I guess the writers have to find something to talk about next season.

Next season will definitely be Ted vs Nate / Rebecca vs Rupert. Even though Nate is a sh*tty human being, he is supposedly a better tactician and has a better squad (in West Ham) compared to Ted. I don't think Nate will fail spectacularly. Maybe the writers will turn Jamie heel again and have him join Rupert after some altercation with Roy about Keeley... I guess we have to wait a year to see....
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote