Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #241
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just when I was thinking ok GG I think you got this gig going you pull this crap?! This loss is on you dude.
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 PM   #242
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Games like this one and the Late loss against San Jose are the reason we will be just barely scraping into the playoffs again this year if at all.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:25 PM   #243
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

When was the last time you saw any coach home or away deliberatly keep the same unit out 1:55 when they cleared the puck 3 times and on top of that this was the 2nd face off in their own zone. Gulutzan should take the full blame for his blatent stupidity. Hey "Gully" Pk fresh legs always and a friggin Center always you jerk. Blaming the pk saying they said they were fine is a real dick move what a lousy coach.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 01-22-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stay Golden For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:26 PM   #244
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I was at that game, 14+ years ago, on my birthday, when the Flames last lost to the Sabres in the Dome. For some reason, I recall it being a 3-0 loss, but Google tells me it was 2-0. Either way, it was a pathetic effort that night as well. The only time I ever booed my team off the ice. Had I been there tonight, I would have booed again.
I remember that night. It was a 3-0 loss.
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to locsofblu For This Useful Post:
4X4
Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #245
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
When was the last time you saw any coach home or away deliberatly keep the same unit out 1:55 when they cleared the puck 3 times and on top of that this was the 2nd face off in their own zone. Gulutzan should take the full blame of his blatent stupidity. Pk fresh legs always and a friggin Center always you jerk.
Backlund in the box hurts. I wouldn’t have put Stajan out. But no question Monahan, Janko or Bennett should’ve been on the ice there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jlh2640 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #246
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Players always say they are fine unless the literally can't stand up on their own. What a dumb thing to say Gully.
I was thinking this as well. Needs to be a leader and decide for himself, as a guy who's been around hockey for a really big part of his life he should have been aware too.

Let alone the rage inducing decision to put a winger out as the lone forward on a 4 on 3 kill. Good lord just thinking about it makes me pissed off all over again...
Old 01-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #247
cupofjoe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Since when has CP been such a sky is falling crowd....

Yea not a great effort not as horrible as some people suggest. Johnson played well.

Oh well #### happens, I get far more concerned when we starting stringing 2 or 3 poor efforts in a row.

Last 10 games - 16 out of 20 pts - I pretty cool with this.

I not going to lose my mind over a game like this

Anyways, start the hating....
cupofjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cupofjoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #248
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupofjoe View Post

Yea not a great effort not as horrible as some people suggest. Johnson played well.

Oh well #### happens, I get far more concerned when we starting stringing 2 or 3 poor efforts in a row.

Should be min 18 of 20
The Following User Says Thank You to jlh2640 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #249
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Oh well #### happens, I get far more concerned when we starting string 2 or 3 poor efforts in a row.

This is so unreasonable I don’t even know where to begin.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #250
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a boring game. Flames shot themselves in the foot with poorly timed penalties. Still got a much needed point to no lose too much ground in the playoff race. They better get up to speed again. Can't be flat footed for too many more games.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #251
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:

I wouldn’t say it’s “sky is falling” I’d say it’s frustration over losing to the 30th place team (that is 23 pts behind us in the standings) after a poor effort against the Jets 2 days ago.

We can continue to stretch out their 7 game win streak as we continue to lose winnable games in OT and customize it so it fits the “points in last X games” but the reality is that when you look at tonight by itself they should have:

A) not made stupid coaching decisions (that actually aren’t even tough calls?) and

B) players show up with a better effort and not exclusively rely on all star (sorry non all-star but Vezina quality) goaltending
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #252
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Also for anyone excusing these efforts because prior to the break we won a lot of games (that we had to, to stay relevant)- do any of you guys think Tampa or Vegas just mail in efforts all the time?

Do you think they’re rosters are that much better? Well maybe Tampa, but Boston or Washington that are also way up there in the standings?

The Flames can be a team that dances at the top of the NHL. It’s effort that holds them into this dubious playoff situation which is frustrating as a fan because it’s just laziness, plain and simple.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 PM   #253
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool. Mr. Coffee rapping with Cupofjoe. Ok I’m out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2018, 11:42 PM   #254
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cooling off right before they play Edmonton again. Great. I see where this is headed
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:43 PM   #255
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was embarrassing. Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Smith, and Gio were the only guys going tonight. One freakin' goal against the damn Buffalo Sabres... just embarrassing.

I know that Gulutzan coaching decision has been beaten to death, but what in the actual hell was that? You really needed Troy Brouwer to kill 5 seconds? In overtime? Absolutely disgusting coaching decision. For the record, I don't blame Brouwer. I actually thought he did admirably on the PK until that point, but he really didn't need to be out there any longer. He's a winger, he's not going to beat Ryan O'Reilly in a faceoff.

This game really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #256
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

All will be forgiven if they show up and beat the Oilers
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #257
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out coached throughout the game especially in OT.

It's that simple.

Why the hell Brouwer thinks it's a good idea to try to go forward on the faceoff on his strong side is beyond me.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #258
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Kulak the guy with zero career goals?
Yes but he is better in his own zone and is doing good things comparable to what Brodie was doing at his age.

Kulak may not get the points Brodie does but he is a plus 10 to Btodies minus 15. He is also more physical.

Brodie at Kulaks age only had 4 goals that season and 4 combined in the previous 3 seasons.

Kulak skates just as well as Brodie and has a better shot if he could only hit the net more often.
Brodie is soft and has a good pass but he should only be out there for Offensive zone starts.
Kulak is more physical with arguably similiar skating abilities that can still skate the puck out with a good shot but meh aim.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #259
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Yes but he is better in his own zone and is doing good things comparable to what Brodie was doing at his age.

Kulak may not get the points Brodie does but he is a plus 10 to Btodies minus 15. He is also more physical.

Brodie at Kulaks age only had 4 goals that season and 4 combined in the previous 3 seasons.

Kulak skates just as well as Brodie and has a better shot if he could only hit the net more often.
Brodie is soft and has a good pass but he should only be out there for Offensive zone starts.
Kulak is more physical with arguably similiar skating abilities that can still skate the puck out with a good shot but meh aim.
Okay...that doesn't mean Kulak should be playing over Brodie right now...he shouldn't. Kulak looks good but is against lesser competition most of the time.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:53 PM   #260
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

okay which one of you is on the fan960 right now...basically crying about Brouwer taking those faceoffs