Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #241
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

For a shortened season they tried too do much, and not really build with it. It all came so fast, and you had no idea why it ended why it did. Then this rushed ending then cliffhanger which was expected. Super lazy ending to a great show.
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #242
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
In case you missed it, Mrs Ari's name is Melissa... and no words can describe how epic Melissa's behind was in that scene.
After 8 seasons, I can't call her Melissa. She'll always be Mrs. Ari. just like Turtle will always be Turtle, not Sal.

But yes, she looked amazing......when bending over especially.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #243
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post

But yes, she looked amazing......when bending over especially.
It moved.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #244
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Here is my beef with the post credits scene. They only thing that the finale gave closure to, no longer has closure.
it was an 8 episode trailer for a movie
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #245
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewboy12 View Post
Think of how lame the show would be if it was just 4 guys with no story line?...

Dice was cut out fast.

This show fata sucks now. I watch it because it used to be amazing. Was my favorite show.

But honestly... The story line so far this season seems it was written by a 5 year old.

"oh no... I smoked some weed"...
"your movie deal could be cancelled"
"oh yay, its not"...

that was tonights episode... Hasnt even been a set of tits this season, and I dont think they have drank once.

This show got 10x worse with a sober vince, and its pissing me off that they ruined such a wicked show, where they can write about 4 young guys playing it up in Hollywood with millions of dollars, countless girls, and sweet cars....

Entourage... Go talk to the writers at Californication... They know how to do it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Not really fair to say since Californication is only in it's 4th season. If Californication hits 8 seasons we'll see how the story lines look then.

Reading this thread from start to finish now because I did all 8 over this weekend.

Regarding the writers should have talked to Californication? C'mon . . . Season 3 except the finale was the biggest bunch of crap ever. Hanging around a college, sex with the Dean's wife, the masters student, and the student. That was the worst season of any television I've ever seen. It was STUPID! It's like the writers were busy so they brought in some staff from an old Porkey's movie - funny for 14 year olds that have never seen tits or a tittty flick.

Entourage has had good and bad, the bad was pretty lame, but the good made up for it. Ends on a decent happy note, feel like I'm going to miss my friends, the same feeling I get when I put down a good book I vested a decent amount of time in (night or two, or a portion of my vacation/plane ride).

Last edited by ranchlandsselling; 09-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #246
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't like the finale. Like others have pointed out, just some weak writing and flimsy story lines. The Vince story was laughable. We follow a character for 8 seasons and he basically meets and marries the apparent love of his life within 2 episodes.

Don't really even care about the movie. What was a great show at times ended with a brutally bad season. Thumbs down.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #247
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

what a rip off. That really sucked, and I missed the extra scene with Mrs. Ari that would have been the only redeeming quality of the episode.
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #248
hmmhmmcamo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really liked the final episode tonight....and that is with me going into it thinking it would probably be a major let down.

I'm also replying before reading a bunch of your debbie downer's relpies...

Vince wedding....meh...but obviously if they had spent a bunch of time with them romancing it up, it would have been boring/sucked. So they did us a huge favor and implied that it went over the top awesome and now they were good to go. no big deal...

E/Pregnancy....not sure they made it clear how this storyline ends....but it's safe to assume they will end up together. Plus all the random hot Sloan scene's made it fantastic!!!!

Turtle...he's rich bitch...accept it...it's just the way it's supposed to be

Drama... pretty sure the second to last episode had Phil Yagoda complaining that he had to work with Drama on the Bananas show + whatever tv movie Vince wanted him to make. I think that was Drama's finale/intro into the potential big time....unless they decide to elaborate his story into the movie...

Ari...he's the main dude now and has been for a while. I wasn't expecting anything special from Mrs Ari, but I'm happy with how everything played out. Obviously they are getting back together....and he is primed to kick ass the way we always expected him to.

Llyod - kinda disappointed his character didn't factor more into the finale. He had some good moments...It's just at this point, I consider him more of a main character than just some side story character....at the same time I'm not sure what else they could have done.

Overall...very happy with the finale. Like any finale, I'm sure there will be major disagreements....Let's hear them...

Last edited by hmmhmmcamo; 09-12-2011 at 02:39 AM.
hmmhmmcamo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hmmhmmcamo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #249
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmhmmcamo View Post
I really liked the final episode tonight....and that is with me going into it thinking it would probably be a major let down.

I'm also replying before reading a bunch of your debbie downer's relpies...

Vince wedding....meh...but obviously if they had spent a bunch of time with them romancing it up, it would have been boring/sucked. So they did us a huge favor and implied that it went over the top awesome and now they were good to go. no big deal...

E/Pregnancy....not sure they made it clear how this storyline ends....but it's safe to assume they will end up together. Plus all the random hot Sloan scene's made it fantastic!!!!

Turtle...he's rich bitch...accept it...it's just the way it's supposed to be

Drama... pretty sure the second to last episode had Phil Yagoda complaining that he had to work with Drama on the Bananas show + whatever tv movie Vince wanted him to make. I think that was Drama's finale/intro into the potential big time....unless they decide to elaborate his story into the movie...

Ari...he's the main dude now and has been for a while. I wasn't expecting anything special from Mrs Ari, but I'm happy with how everything played out. Obviously they are getting back together....and he is primed to kick ass the way we always expected him to.

Llyod - kinda disappointed his character didn't factor more into the finale. He had some good moments...It's just at this point, I consider him more of a main character than just some side story character....at the same time I'm not sure what else they could have done.

Overall...very happy with the finale. Like any finale, I'm sure there will be major disagreements....Let's hear them...

Sure, you may have liked it, but the hasteness and "how" all 23 story lines that were tied off in the last 2 episodes was actually pretty brutal. Its like they got to episode 5 and realized they only had 3 more episodes to get everyone to the perfect ending. Lazy writing, its the TV equivalent of ending your novel with "and they all lived happily ever after!"

Weak ending for a show that was once amazing.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #250
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I watched the entire season last night. Hadn't watched a single episode then watched them all back to back and timed it so perfectly right as I stopped the 2nd last one it was in the intro credits of the finale.

The only thing I didn't like was that Vince was basically a secondary character for this season. All the major storylines involved the rest of the characters.

Also, I'm not sure how E is going to explain to Sloan about banging her mom. I know when she spoke with Vince he said "so what if he did" and Sloan kind of excepted that...but really? He ####ed her enemy step mother.

Mrs Ari has a nice ass but she's way too skinny. I actually prefer E's assistant over all of them, Sloan and the Vanity Fair chick included.

I've seen seasons 1-4 on DVD fairly recently after having never followed the show and some of 5 then I picked up the show regularly for season 6. I didn't see the major drop off some of you guys were talking about. Some of those early seasons were a lot weaker (or the newer ones were a lot stronger) than some of you guys are claiming. At least IMO.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #251
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I might be the only one but I think Dana has steadily been the sexiest character in the whole series.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #252
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I love it, not sure what everyone else was expecting but they were out of time and resolved a few major plot points that have been hanging on these last few seasons.

Bring on the movie I say, and wow what a MILF Mrs Ari is.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #253
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The best line of the finale went to Drama - "Who's that broad?"

Hilarious that it's been 8 seasons and Drama never met Mrs Ari until the last episode.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GreenTeaFrapp For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #254
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I might be the only one but I think Dana has steadily been the sexiest character in the whole series.
you are not alone......although I would not have been adverse to watching a scene with Sloane, Melissa and Dana fighting over a large quanity of some type of oil, lotion or jello - I am not sure how they could have fit it into the story line though.....

btw - what happened to dom pepe's - or do we just forget about it 'cause Turtles rich thanks to vince?
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #255
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
you are not alone......although I would not have been adverse to watching a scene with Sloane, Melissa and Dana fighting over a large quanity of some type of oil, lotion or jello - I am not sure how they could have fit it into the story line though.....

btw - what happened to dom pepe's - or do we just forget about it 'cause Turtles rich thanks to vince?
I think Turtle can now easily afford the investment. He already has some investors, now he can put in the rest of the money himself.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #256
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post

Hilarious that it's been 8 seasons and Drama never met Mrs Ari until the last episode.
Withouth watching every episode, the only scene I can think of where Drama and Mrs Ari are in the same scene is in Season 2 at Sarah's Bat Mitvah. I think there are more though.

I don't think that line was telling the viewer he had never seen her before, more that he was just surprised that Ari was back with her. It was a great line for sure though.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #257
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post

Drama was one of the few shining moments of the finale.

Loved his "My balls were crossed" line too.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
JFK
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #258
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

His last line, something about This is getting emotional, lets go to Paris and f%ck.. paraphrasing.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #259
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

That was painfully bad, even for Entourage. Drama was again the strongest part of the show and the most likeable. Glad it's off the air now, but will always enjoy re-watching the first 3 seasons.
flames_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #260
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

Entourage has never been a good show, but it has been entertaining and somewhat clever. This season just seemed to mail it in. From the wildly improbably plot twists, to the abandonment of the characters, it was a mess. The finale was no different.

Still, totally worth watching.

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatso For This Useful Post:

Tags
letshugitoutbitch , mrs. ari , sloan