Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #241
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Bu she was smart enough to wander around pretending to look for an idol all day long.

Its not quite on the same level as the fake idol a few years ago, but it is a game changer.
I think she just went way over the top with the tearing the note up thing. A simple handing it to Probst would suffice. If he asks "why are you giving it to me" a simple "no one else but me needs to know the full content of the note" would have been more effective.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #242
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Abi Tried too hard with that note and talking to the other players.

Skupin looking good to make the top 4. I really like his game right now.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #243
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Was Penner whistling Wagner?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #244
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cheese is now the last player with 2 survivors left.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #245
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Abi would have a great body if her bra size wasn't the first letter in the alphabet. Her summer teeth also drive me nuts.

Honestly I hope Abi makes the final 3, because it is an easier win for the other two. But she won't, unless she some how flukes out another win. She barely beat a guy who had to do two previous rounds with 10% of his body weight strapped to him.

Sad to see Penner go, I am a fan of the way he actually plays the game, most people just sit back and either run with their alliance or go home. Penner is always playing, always moving and shaking, he should have been gone weeks ago but played a clutch idol. He is a great player of the game so it is always a priviledge to watch him.

Skupin I dunno, I can see if he was sand bagging a bit, trying to stay in the background.. but he sure is in a good spot now. The guy is still a beast, his physical fitness for his age is insane.

I would say right now if their final 4 makes it, I would give 70% to Malcom, 20% to Denise, 6% to Skupin and 4% chance to Lisa of winning.

Malcolm has pissed no one off, he has charmed the pants off of every contestant, even when he had to vote people off his back was against the wall, and they even turned on him first by throwing his name otu there. Denise has done a good job of pissing people off because she just couldn't keep her mouth shut. I really, really like Denise, but she needed to not speak her mind, that is what got Abi in so much trouble. That will really hurt her chances with Artis, Pete and Abi on the jury.

I can also see some other cast members being annoyed by it off edit, and will bring it up in the final questioning.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #246
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Denise has done a good job of pissing people off because she just couldn't keep her mouth shut. I really, really like Denise, but she needed to not speak her mind, that is what got Abi in so much trouble. That will really hurt her chances with Artis, Pete and Abi on the jury.
I don't know if I agree with Denise getting herself in trouble by speaking her mind. It wasn't like it was a straight up attack on a person she only had a problem with, it would have been a perfectly mature discussion with someone everyone in the tribe had a problem with if Abi wasn't such a spoiled bitch, which both Artis and Pete knew. She lost Abi's vote, if nothing else changes, but likely straight up gained RC's and didn't really effect negatively her chances with anyone else in my opinion, probably even helped her chances with Lisa and Skupin.

Still think Denise would narrowly lose out to Malcolm at this point if they both made it, problem is they likely wont. Malcolm doesn't want to take Denise and if Malcolm is as liked as we think, no one wants to bring him.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #247
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

She led the 'attack' on Abi, and lost Artis' vote in the process.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If Malcolm loses the next immunity challenge and isn't voted out then these people are the dumbest players ever.

Personally if I'm shooting for the final three there's no way I'm not forming an alliance with Abi and Lisa and Skupin.

But I would be in full bore protect Abi to the end.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #249
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I didn't think Carter deserved to win either way. It seemed to me that while he was good in challenges, he road coat tails the entire way. Then when he was on his own all of a sudden his big play was ... well keep me BECAUSE I am a threat.. which makes me think he doesn't understand the strategic side of things.

I will laugh pretty hard if Abi wins the next two challenges.. I almost would like to see her at the final, just so she can plead her case (which will be pathetic) and then be torn a new arse by everyone on the jury save maybe Artis. It also makes it a two horse race with her there, which would be more entertaining if it was say Denise/Malcolm/Abi, two people that equally deserve to win.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #250
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I was Malcom, even if I didn't feel like I was at risk to go home I would be playing that idol next week no matter what and if I happen to win immunity I would be giving that idol to Denise to play.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
If I was Malcom, even if I didn't feel like I was at risk to go home I would be playing that idol next week no matter what and if I happen to win immunity I would be giving that idol to Denise to play.
I would agree with you, Malcom has to be smart enough to know that he's the biggest threat and on the wrong end of the numbers game.

Any misstep finishes him here.

If Abi was smart she would have listened to what Lisa said and did at Tribal last night, right now Abi is a sure thing for final three if she continues to be annoying. In fact she should ramp up the annoying factor even more and make herself absolutely desirable for the final three. She should also promote herself that way. The jury hates me so get me in front of them and it becomes a two person horse race for the money.

then in front of the jury explain that your strategy was to piss people off enough to make them take you to the jury blindly, and you played that annoying card all along.

That might actually get you votes.

You can't put Malcolm in front of the vote, nor Denise, they are strong enough to win the game.

You want Abi (annoying) Lisa (has she really screwed anyone yet, but is a weaker player) Skupin could be strong in front of the jury.

The smart move is to pick off Denise next week, and hope that Malcolm loses the weak after that and gas him. Then a final 3 of Skupin, Lisa and Abi is the best possible solution for Lisa and Skupin

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #252
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

You are right Captain. It's suicide for Lisa to go to the final 4 with Malcom, Denise, and Skupin because then Malcom and Denise will vote for her. Lisa does not stand a chance in the fire challenge against either Malcom or Denise.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #253
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has been one of my favorite seasons in a long time. Im hoping it finishes strong
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #254
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I always thought they did the final episode when it was down to 5?

They did an immunity challenge right off the bat, then one later in the episode... then the final three were left.

Is that not how it worked in years past?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #255
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
She led the 'attack' on Abi, and lost Artis' vote in the process.
Maybe it's more wishful thinking because I really like Denise, but I don't think that's the case. We didn't see much of Artis but didn't seem to me like he had that huge of an attachment to Abi other than being in the same alliance. His final speech seemed to give some glimmer of hope that he's a normal enough guy to realize how big of a bitch Abi is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
You are right Captain. It's suicide for Lisa to go to the final 4 with Malcom, Denise, and Skupin because then Malcom and Denise will vote for her. Lisa does not stand a chance in the fire challenge against either Malcom or Denise.
I don't think Malcolm or Denise want to go with one another to the final 3. If they get into the final 4 with each other, save immunity, I think they target each other knowing that barring some final tribal meltdown they win if the other is removed. They would just need to do it tactically enough to avoid becoming the villain and if it's Skupin and Lisa in the final 4 with them it's the perfect out for Denise, she can easily plead she didn't want to put her fate in the fire challenge and the jury would understand and appreciate that, I think. Malcolm is well enough adjusted that even if Denise voted him out in a blindside he would vote for her to win, in my opinion.

Anyways, I'll be really happy if Denise or Malcolm win. Worst case scenario is Denise out then Malcolm leaving a final 3 of 2 of the most annoying women to play the game (for me) in Lisa and Abi. Even a Skupin win over them would leave a bit of a sour taste to me

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 12-09-2012 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #256
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im hoping for a skupin win. Hw was on the bottomof that yellow alliance and made moves to change the game.

That and skupin is outstanding at the challenges as the season has progressed. Im a huge fan.

That being said, i think the odds of winning go like this at this point

Denise
Lisa
Malcolm
Skupin

No one

Abi
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #257
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Poor Abi.. next episode they are going to find her hanging from a tree, and nobody will bother to cut her down.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #258
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Im hoping for a skupin win. Hw was on the bottomof that yellow alliance and made moves to change the game.

That and skupin is outstanding at the challenges as the season has progressed. Im a huge fan.
That's a very fair point. It's extremely frustrating to watch the players who know they are at a bottom of an alliance just sit there and wait there turn, you know assuming you like the person. In Skupin's credit he was willing to make moves to change the pecking order and despite coming in the game with a huge target on his back he's here. So there could be far worse winners than him. But I'm still hoping for Denise or Malcolm over him, probably because of his proximity to Lisa...

On another note, of course it's hindsight and playing with hypotheticals but Denise and Malcolm were probably lucky their original tribe was so terrible. You'd have to think if they had some numbers on their sides they would be the bigger targets rather than the swing votes early on in a merge and having an alliance of the buffoons that made up their tribe would have been a disaster. Though I wouldn't object to having more screen time of Angie.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #259
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

She might go down as hottest Survivor ever.

NSFW!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #260
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man abi is a bitch, and so painfully unaware.

Tags
pool , survivor , survivor pool