Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2023, 10:27 AM   #241
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Bruce & The E Street Band, November 8th.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:08 AM   #242
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

That would be fun, but prepare to be upset at the prices. Bruce already had to make an awkward statement where he has historically kept prices reasonable despite being a top act.

On this latest tour he has decided to finally get paid properly, and the tickets have been insane.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 11:09 AM   #243
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
My heart just skipped about 10 beats...
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #244
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That would be fun, but prepare to be upset at the prices. Bruce already had to make an awkward statement where he has historically kept prices reasonable despite being a top act.

On this latest tour he has decided to finally get paid properly, and the tickets have been insane.
If that is the case, I will just go by myself. One of the very few I would pay a lot for.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:56 AM   #245
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've been a huge Springsteen fan since I was a kid listening to my Dad's cassette copy of "The River". I got excited at first then quickly remembered current ticket prices, I'll likely be priced out.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 12:12 PM   #246
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Shut up and take my money.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 04:41 PM   #247
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
If that is the case, I will just go by myself. One of the very few I would pay a lot for.
have seen him once, 1988 Human Rights Now tour in Montreal- at that stage of my life was really going to see Sting (who was fine) and Gabriel (who was great) but Springsteen stole the show for me (well and interestingly Tracy Chapman essentially up there on that massive stage by herself kicking off the headliners)

have always said I'd want to see him again- hopefully attainable
looooob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 06:45 PM   #248
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I skipped Stevie Wonder for $ reasons and now really regret not going.

Bruce will play for 3+ hours.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2023, 09:28 PM   #249
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

The plural of anecdote isn't data, but I'm going to the show in Austin on Thursday and my tickets were just over $300 plus fees. Our seats are basically the equivalent of club seats at the Dome We signed up for the presale and while we saw some huge "dynamic prices" if you poke around a bit you can get what I consider to be a decent price.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2023, 12:18 AM   #250
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Going to see The Boss next weekend in Portland and Seattle. Sure wish I would have known that he was going to play here when they announced the first leg. Haha.
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
king_amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 06:24 AM   #251
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Not in Calgary but in my neck of the woods HK Clockenflap Festival is next month! Last one was in 2018 and I'm pumped to finally see live music again.

Spoiler!
savemedrzaius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2023, 06:55 AM   #252
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_amonte View Post
Going to see The Boss next weekend in Portland and Seattle. Sure wish I would have known that he was going to play here when they announced the first leg. Haha.
were the tickets just expensive, crazy expensive or stupidly expensive.

i read an article online that left me somewhat optimistic that it might be possible to get good sets for $300 each; however, i am bracing myself

it would be nice if TM would let us look at the ticket prices in advance
Old 02-15-2023, 07:24 AM   #253
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I recall paying over $500 for a pair of floor seats to McCartney in Edmonton, and that had to be about 10 years ago. I can’t imagine this coming in any cheaper. And I certainly don’t like the idea of going alone- having never done so, but I am leaning towards the likelihood that Im searching for a single ticket (assuming I even win the ticket draw). My wife is indifferent and can’t think of any friends that would care enough to pay 300+. If this ends of being as crazy as the States, then why bother spending double for a “meh” companion.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 02-15-2023 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:58 AM   #254
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ i hear ya.......i convinced my wife to go to toronto in Nov 2021 to see genesis. i was very happy to find floor seats in something like row 21 for ~$300 each

i was also surprised when my wife indicated that she would be interested in seeing the boss, so i too have taken the first step to see if i have a shot at getting tickets thru the normal TM channel.

i guess all i can do now is wait to see if i get selected to move into the waiting room and if i don't then i'll watch the resale sites closer to the date

i am also waiting with bated breath for peter gaberiel to announce north American tour dates which are supposed to happen in summer/fall
Old 02-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #255
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ i hear ya.......i convinced my wife to go to toronto in Nov 2021 to see genesis. i was very happy to find floor seats in something like row 21 for ~$300 each

i was also surprised when my wife indicated that she would be interested in seeing the boss, so i too have taken the first step to see if i have a shot at getting tickets thru the normal TM channel.

i guess all i can do now is wait to see if i get selected to move into the waiting room and if i don't then i'll watch the resale sites closer to the date

i am also waiting with bated breath for peter gaberiel to announce north American tour dates which are supposed to happen in summer/fall
It seems like if you go through the pre-registration process that you'll get through to the waiting room. My wife and I both signed up and were chosen no problem. We jumped on promptly at the on sale time and she was ~700 and I was ~1000. It went pretty quick.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:04 PM   #256
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Chicks are coming to Calgary Sept 7th the pre-sale code is Chicksworld . Floor seats are $200 2nd bowl is just over $100/ticket
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:07 PM   #257
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I recall paying over $500 for a pair of floor seats to McCartney in Edmonton, and that had to be about 10 years ago. I can’t imagine this coming in any cheaper. And I certainly don’t like the idea of going alone- having never done so, but I am leaning towards the likelihood that Im searching for a single ticket (assuming I even win the ticket draw). My wife is indifferent and can’t think of any friends that would care enough to pay 300+. If this ends of being as crazy as the States, then why bother spending double for a “meh” companion.
I paid $300 for McCartney in 2018 for lower bowl.

I'm fully expecting to pay $300 for Bruce in the second bowl. But he's been #1 on my bucket list for years. I have to go, and like Paul I'm willing to pay whatever it takes and sit wherever.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:11 AM   #258
king_amonte
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
were the tickets just expensive, crazy expensive or stupidly expensive.

i read an article online that left me somewhat optimistic that it might be possible to get good sets for $300 each; however, i am bracing myself

it would be nice if TM would let us look at the ticket prices in advance
We were able to get selected for the Portland presale and snagged tickets for $220 USD. We haven’t bought tickets to the Seattle show yet. We were tipped off that tickets have been available the day of the show on ticketmaster as well as on stubhub and the gametime app for a decent price. We are taking a chance by doing it this way but hoping it will work out.
Lets Retire #10....not Roberts.....Amonte
king_amonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 08:04 AM   #259
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are they going to announce prices in advance or what??
Old 02-17-2023, 08:13 AM   #260
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is this another Ticketmaster trick? Don't list the prices until the day they're on sale?

Usually the info will be on the site ahead of time, prices and on sale date. Then you can decide if you want to spend the money or not. This way everyone gets online and has to decide in the moment. I was pretty confused with the Metallica tickets, too many presales and different price tiers.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calgary , concerts , western canada