Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM   #2541
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
There was a fan theory floated after episode 1 of this season: in the scene with the giant map on the floor, Cersei was standing in the area known as the Neck, and Jamie was standing in the Fingers, so some of speculated that that was foreshadowing Jamie killing her. After Lady Tyrell warning him that Cersei was becoming a monster, maybe he buys into that and becomes a Queen Slayer in addition to a King Slayer
I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Jamie would kill Cersei after she blew up the sept and caused their last child to off himself. The look he gave her when she took the throne last season wasn't exactly warm, though he's a lot more gung-ho about Cersei this season than I thought he'd be

I bet it's going to be a situation where Cersei is about to sacrifice a lot more innocent people to stay alive and Jamie is going to put a knife in her back to stop her
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #2542
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

My money's on Sansa.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #2543
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

another vote here for Jaime strangulation. from episode 1, he said it himself, "the things I do for love". from casually pushing a boy out a window to slaying his own kin to escape the Starks, every action he's taken has been about getting back to Cersei and/or pleasing her. Olenna's warning that's she's a disease is something he already knows, but is still overruled by love. the completion of his character arc will end with him performing a kingslaying to save the realm one last time.
Inglewood Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #2544
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Jamie would kill Cersei after she blew up the sept and caused their last child to off himself. The look he gave her when she took the throne last season wasn't exactly warm, though he's a lot more gung-ho about Cersei this season than I thought he'd be

I bet it's going to be a situation where Cersei is about to sacrifice a lot more innocent people to stay alive and Jamie is going to put a knife in her back to stop her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
another vote here for Jaime strangulation. from episode 1, he said it himself, "the things I do for love". from casually pushing a boy out a window to slaying his own kin to escape the Starks, every action he's taken has been about getting back to Cersei and/or pleasing her. Olenna's warning that's she's a disease is something he already knows, but is still overruled by love. the completion of his character arc will end with him performing a kingslaying to save the realm one last time.
Compound that with everything he has seen his brother go through at the hands of his sister given the knowledge he has now.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #2545
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Chock up another vote here.

It just seems to check all of the boxes that she manages to destroy the very person who loved her the most to the point where he has no choice but to kill her.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #2546
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Especially if she starts banging Euron, and Euron does what he does and taunts Jamie with it.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #2547
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Especially if she starts banging Euron, and Euron does what he does and taunts Jamie with it.
I cannot see Cersei following through with her promise to Euron. The way she talked about his "heart's desire" seemed totally disingenuous. Euron is a great warrior, but seems totally out of his element in dealing with Cersei in any kind of political way.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #2548
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I cannot see Cersei following through with her promise to Euron. The way she talked about his "heart's desire" seemed totally disingenuous. Euron is a great warrior, but seems totally out of his element in dealing with Cersei in any kind of political way.
True.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #2549
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I very much get the impression that in Cersei's mind, as soon as the war is won she'll kill Euron.

Or just keep throwing him into more and more dangerous battles in hopes that someone does it for her.

Her, um, amorous attentions to Jaimie right after her promise to Euron and then letting the maid see them kind of gives that impression.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #2550
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I very much get the impression that in Cersei's mind, as soon as the war is won she'll kill Euron.

Or just keep throwing him into more and more dangerous battles in hopes that someone does it for her.

Her, um, amorous attentions to Jaimie right after her promise to Euron and then letting the maid see them kind of gives that impression.
The way she talks about her promise to Euron it sounds like she has something more clever in mind. Like she's going to turn around something that Euron has said against him.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #2551
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The way she talks about her promise to Euron it sounds like she has something more clever in mind. Like she's going to turn around something that Euron has said against him.
Well, never let it be said that Cersei lacks imagination.

Maybe she'll make the Mountain shove his finger up Euron...

Old 08-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #2552
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone else think Daario comes to save Khaleesi's bacon at some point during this war, now that she has allegedly lost her upper hand over Cersei?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #2553
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

No one will kill Cersei. She will be the last one standing on the iron throne!
Johnny Makarov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #2554
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Anyone else think Daario comes to save Khaleesi's bacon at some point during this war, now that she has allegedly lost her upper hand over Cersei?
Thats a good point.

In the words of the great Elrond: "Our list of allies grows thin..."

Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #2555
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Episode 4 has leaked online so careful what you read on forums/reddit.

There's their attempt at being "tough" on pirating haha
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #2556
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

As mentioned, ep 4 has leaked.

Only a couple more days, I'm sure people can hold out. Looks to be worth it.

Last edited by djsFlames; 08-04-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #2557
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't want to even hear so much as a "wow" or a "meh" for the leaked episode. we all go into these things with no expectation one way or the other that it'll be awesome or terrible (though usually with this show it's more good than bad).

it would be great if all the pirates out there just refrain from posting any sort of reaction for a bit. and no "educated guesses" as to what's about to happen next, cause those will be quite obvious too, jerks.
Inglewood Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #2558
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's being widely reported (all over fb and news) so others here are bound to take a peek over the next couple days.

Nothing was posted about it (let's keep it that way until air time!). Though condemning reactions is being a little extra sensitive. Besides, reactions can very well vary from person to person as debate from the previous episode demonstrated, so it's really not indicative of anything reveal-wise.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #2559
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seriously, lets keep leaked episodes out of this. I'll be watching that episode on Sunday as planned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 04:19 PM   #2560
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perhaps these are the "leaks" that Trump and Sessions are so upset about! Sad!
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: