Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #2501
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

That's outrageous.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #2502
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

We riot. This ref should never see another match
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #2503
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disgusting. Clear foul and an offside... but somehow a 1-1 result.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:54 PM   #2504
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get it... five minutes of injury time, they're already in the 6th minute, Cavs take the ball almost at half, that should have been enough to stop the game?
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 PM   #2505
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a joke. The game should have been long over and that player was so far offside!
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 05:58 PM   #2506
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I used to roll my eyes when others would say that the league is biased in favour of Forge/biased against Cavalry. This game makes me think that's not such an absurd notion.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:00 PM   #2507
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

How Telford was never sent off is embarrassing. Of course Kurt Larson is making excuses for Telford.

Trafford hung Mavila out to dry on his second yellow. Deserved second yellow, but tough play for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 06:00 PM   #2508
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Wow, stupid OneSoccer commentators are saying that Escalante was the aggressor by shoving his face into Telfer's, but you can clearly see Telfer doing to the close-face aggression by stepping up responsively.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #2509
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kurt Larson is an idiot. I know he's paid by the league, but that was a disgrace, and his glossing over and blaming Escalante is ridiculous.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #2510
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Telfer easily could have had two straight reds and a couple more yellows.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #2511
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

York 9's manager says "it goes both ways" re: poor refereeing decisions.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #2512
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does Telfer not get a red intentionally knocking over Waterman? What a disgrace.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 06:14 PM   #2513
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Getting kneed in the back with the ball absolutely nowhere close should be a card and an ejection. This was the worst display of reffing in all season.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #2514
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
York 9's manager says "it goes both ways" re: poor refereeing decisions.

Problem is... it absolutely did not. Brennan had no reason at all to be upset at the reffing… gave them extra time, ignored an offside goal, and generally stacked the deck for him. Telfer should have been gone long before Escalante, and last time I checked, stomping a player's foot was a minimum yellow.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #2515
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I used to roll my eyes when others would say that the league is biased in favour of Forge/biased against Cavalry. This game makes me think that's not such an absurd notion.
I generally dislike raising the bias card, but it really seems that it's not biased against Cavalry (aside from tonight's spectacle), but biased towards Forge and providing Bob Young's boys that added little perk. The championship format, the CONCACAF League, the opening match, the only team with a third jersey to market and sell... I really hope that its all a fluke, but I'm genuinely concerned about Cavalry getting a fair shake at winning or losing this championship cleanly and fairly.

Last edited by Thunderball; 09-28-2019 at 06:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #2516
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
How Telford was never sent off is embarrassing. Of course Kurt Larson is making excuses for Telford.

Trafford hung Mavila out to dry on his second yellow. Deserved second yellow, but tough play for him.
Total yellow card, but it should have been Mavila's first, not second. That first yellow was a foul at most.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:58 PM   #2517
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Missed this one, so looking forward to the highlights, which of course will likely be edited to show few flashpoints and likely an angle that doesnt show the supposed offside on the Fergie (Forge) time 96th minute goal.

Has the CPL figured out what happens to accumulated cards for the finals? When does the "suspension starting in 2 weeks" fall off? Looking at the game summary and this ref handing out cards to the Cavs like candy, and being 3.5 weeks from leg 1, this could be an issue.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:09 PM   #2518
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Highlights.

Last goal onside. I think even Kurt Larson, very muted on that York goal call and the comment that it was a full extra minute over the 5 minutes they were supposed to play, knew it was BS.

Did the ref ever show Mavilla the red?

Old 09-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #2519
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the highlights again, and I don't think he did show the red? I shouldn't have watched those though, because it just made me mad all over again. That whole second half from about 65 minutes on was just bush league. I have no idea how Telfer was on, and no idea how the Escalante incident was a red for him and nothing for Telfer? Such a joke.

But that extra minute of gametime is the most insane. There was no way that was warranted. I'm not sure that was onside either. I think that he was ahead when the ball was flicked on, not that it should have ever gotten that far!
Old 09-28-2019, 09:49 PM   #2520
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I watched the highlights again, and I don't think he did show the red? I shouldn't have watched those though, because it just made me mad all over again. That whole second half from about 65 minutes on was just bush league. I have no idea how Telfer was on, and no idea how the Escalante incident was a red for him and nothing for Telfer? Such a joke.

But that extra minute of gametime is the most insane. There was no way that was warranted. I'm not sure that was onside either. I think that he was ahead when the ball was flicked on, not that it should have ever gotten that far!
It’s almost like they edited the highlights with the camera on the ref waiting and waiting for him to show the red, instead they just had to show Mavilla walk off.

It was not off, the flick had the Cavlary guy a yard ahead of the 6 yard box, which was inline (camera angle is deceiving) where the York 9 guy was. But yes a full extra minute is bush, and, should’ve been a foul against Ledgerwood 15 seconds before which would’ve sealed it.

I assume all these Canpl refs are regional? I can’t see them flying refs around the country in this league. Chances are this chap then had done some Forge games prior to this and given the 5* treatment.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge