Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #2461
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're actually really spoiled with the stadium being at Spruce Meadows. Excellent venue for hosting events, doesn't even feel that temporary at all. Love all the amenities and charm that surround Meadows on the Green.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 10:56 AM   #2462
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

My kid's birthday is on the 26th and I'm out of town on the 2nd. My disappointment is immense.

(The kid in question is too young to enjoy a soccer birthday party)
Old 09-25-2019, 12:49 PM   #2463
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finals tickets bought. Looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #2464
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
My kid's birthday is on the 26th and I'm out of town on the 2nd. My disappointment is immense.

(The kid in question is too young to enjoy a soccer birthday party)
Trust the Foot Clan to not be there when it matters!

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #2465
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Question for anybody who bought a multi-game ticket pass this season - did you get a chance to buy tickets for the final as part of this "right of refusal" period? Or is there a separate pre-sale that you get access to? I'm debating dropping from a season ticket to a half-season pack or similar next year but I'm worried about having access to tickets for cup and championship games.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #2466
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
Question for anybody who bought a multi-game ticket pass this season - did you get a chance to buy tickets for the final as part of this "right of refusal" period? Or is there a separate pre-sale that you get access to? I'm debating dropping from a season ticket to a half-season pack or similar next year but I'm worried about having access to tickets for cup and championship games.
Yes, I bought the half season pack, which has all the perks of a season ticket, including dibs on that ticket for the Finals, which I took advantage of.

No idea if the same thing will be offered next season, though.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #2467
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Yes, I bought the half season pack, which has all the perks of a season ticket, including dibs on that ticket for the Finals, which I took advantage of.

No idea if the same thing will be offered next season, though.
Sweet. Thanks. I'll check with my ticket rep when renewals come up. This season I found another CP user to split a pair of season tix with one in each of our names but this has proven problematic for these extra games since I only have right of refusal on one seat. If they offer the same half season pack next year I'll just do that. Did you get to choose your games or were the packs pre-assigned?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 PM   #2468
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
Did you get to choose your games or were the packs pre-assigned?
It was just a pro-rated season ticket. I received a ticket for all CPL games going forward from the date I bought the ticket, and right of refusal for the CanChamp and Finals.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #2469
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anybody comes across a pre-sale code for the championship game that you'd be willing to share I'm desperately searching for one.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #2470
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know the on-sale time today for previous ticket purchasers? I know that general sale is 10am tomorrow.

I haven't received an email, code, and logging in to my Ticketmaster account shows nothing. I am hoping to get in on the "previous ticket purchaser" pre-sale, but I'm not sure of the logistics.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #2471
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone figures it out please let me know.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:35 AM   #2472
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I called the office. The league said that they don't want tickets to go on sale yet. So we will have to wait a couple of weeks before anyone can buy them.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #2473
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I called the office. The league said that they don't want tickets to go on sale yet. So we will have to wait a couple of weeks before anyone can buy them.
How odd. On one hand, it does seem quite early to start sales (even though we know we are in the final). But it is strange that the club started selling tickets and now the league wants to put the brakes on. The club web site still says today/tomorrow.

And if they are waiting for the dates to be officially confirmed, they could be waiting a while for the fall champion to be officially clinched - potentially right up until the last game of the season.

Maybe they are waiting until all other clubs are officially eliminated from contention? But it still doesn't matter for Cavalry.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #2474
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
How odd. On one hand, it does seem quite early to start sales (even though we know we are in the final). But it is strange that the club started selling tickets and now the league wants to put the brakes on. The club web site still says today/tomorrow.

And if they are waiting for the dates to be officially confirmed, they could be waiting a while for the fall champion to be officially clinched - potentially right up until the last game of the season.

Maybe they are waiting until all other clubs are officially eliminated from contention? But it still doesn't matter for Cavalry.
When I buy them doesn't really bother me, so long as I can grab a ticket. I guess they want to know what day it will happen before the game starts. In the future they should make it so that the spring season winner gets to choose so that they can start selling tickets earlier.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #2475
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
When I buy them doesn't really bother me, so long as I can grab a ticket. I guess they want to know what day it will happen before the game starts. In the future they should make it so that the spring season winner gets to choose so that they can start selling tickets earlier.
Agreed. Not really complaining. My brother-in-law has another commitment for November 2nd, so he's reluctant to buy because he doesn't know the kickoff time, and he doesn't know for sure that will be the date.

Thankfully, I am available on both days and I'll be keeping them open, but not officially knowing makes it difficult for people to plan. And potentially end up with a ticket that they need to offload.

For what its worth, my money is on November 2nd at 2pm for the home leg.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:46 PM   #2476
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I love the ridiculousness of a Canadian soccer league booking the final in November. Crossing my fingers for this:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #2477
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the novelty of the orange ball as much as the next guy, but I feel that Thanksgiving weekend, or maybe the weekend after, would be just about a perfect time to end.

A few years back we got substantial snow in early September, so there's always a risk. But November 2nd does seem like they might be pushing their luck a little. But that's where we're at, and I'll be there in my long underwear and parka if I have to be!
Old 09-26-2019, 02:03 PM   #2478
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I love the ridiculousness of a Canadian soccer league booking the final in November. Crossing my fingers for this:

I hope so as well, but we know that you hope that because you're going to be at home!
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #2479
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

#throwbackthursday

https://twitter.com/user/status/1161812419301167105
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #2480
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sidenote, MTL beats TFC in penalties for the CC after 1-0 wins for both home teams in regular time.
Montreal playing no better in the MLS than they were when played the Cavs, and still out of the playoffs, despite the mid season manager sacking. TFC not lighting things on fire either, in the same position they were in in the MLS, when they played their semifinal leg vs Ottawa.

Cavs were right there. Untimely injuries (Brown specifically hurt in the HFX game between the two CC legs was needless) and a bounce or two, and could be celebrating a trophy right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge