Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2022, 07:52 AM   #221
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I had no idea until yesterday that the pope was coming to Alberta.
I had no idea he was coming until I read this post. I don’t care about him visiting as long as His Holiness doesn’t #### up my day.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:58 AM   #222
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I had no idea he was coming until I read this post. I don’t care about him visiting as long as His Holiness doesn’t #### up my day.

Well, it’s probably the reason why Jason Kenney decided to not resign immediately as Premier, soo… depends on how that makes you feel.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:16 AM   #223
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I’m just glad he was around for one more Stampede so I could laugh at him wearing jeans.
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2022, 12:57 PM   #224
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I’m just glad he was around for one more Stampede so I could laugh at him wearing jeans.
Thought you meant the pope, and I laughed out loud.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:58 PM   #225
Knut

Exp:

As long as you say No Homo before complimenting a dude you are good to go. "No Homo, but you look good in those jeans"
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:23 PM   #226
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's popularly held that humans are Great Apes, but today was one of those days where the difference between the average human and a ####ing gibbon seems vastly overstated.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #227
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's incredible how some people don't clean up their house prior to realtor photos. More insane too that the realtor just happily takes photos of the pigsty and posts them on the listing. There's a house for sale in my area that is just unbelievably full of junk. Like...each photo is one that the more you look at it, the more weird stuff you see. So much junk, missing light bulbs, garbage everywhere, cardboard duct-taped to the windows, shin high weeds in the backyard, etc. And the first line on the listing is 'BEAUTIFULLY MAINTAINED SUPER CLEAN 1 OWNER BI-LEVEL.'.

It's been on the market for close to a month. I wonder why it hasn't sold
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #228
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I brought up something similar with realtor photos, like mattresses sitting on floors and stuff. The other one that I dislike is just bare light bulbs in rooms - that is okay for a cellar or mechanical room, but it looks bad everywhere else.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:35 PM   #229
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
As long as you say No Homo before complimenting a dude you are good to go. "No Homo, but you look good in those jeans"
I hate to be that guy but I don’t think this is okay to say. What if the person you’re saying it to is actually gay?

You’re complimenting them and not propositioning, right. And even if someone does get upset you can easily clarify.

Not something I would say because it kind of makes you look homophobic.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 10:32 PM   #230
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, anyway, the restaurant supply store near my work turned out to have a small and inexpensive selection of carbon steel pans. The 12” was the perfect size for our stove. It came pre-seasoned and did a nice job releasing a batch of dumplings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2022, 11:33 PM   #231
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know why this came into my head earlier today but does anyone remember there being a channel or tv program where it would just roll through MLS listings in Calgary? This was obviously the pre-internet age and I think it was probably channel 9 but I vaguely remember my parents checking it out once in a while when they were interested in buying a house.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #232
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I don't know why this came into my head earlier today but does anyone remember there being a channel or tv program where it would just roll through MLS listings in Calgary? This was obviously the pre-internet age and I think it was probably channel 9 but I vaguely remember my parents checking it out once in a while when they were interested in buying a house.
I sort of vaguely recall something like that, there might have been more than just MLS listings (I think it might've had weather and stuff too) but basically just text.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:09 AM   #233
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Yup late 90's early 2000's it existed, back when NASA channel on Shaw was a thing too. Basically did a little slide show of each house with a voiceover.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:23 AM   #234
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
I sort of vaguely recall something like that, there might have been more than just MLS listings (I think it might've had weather and stuff too) but basically just text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Yup late 90's early 2000's it existed, back when NASA channel on Shaw was a thing too. Basically did a little slide show of each house with a voiceover.
That brings back memories! Also the channel with flight information at the airport.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:29 AM   #235
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know why when I get an obvious scam call from some weird number (unanswered) the same number always calls right back?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #236
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Anyone know why when I get an obvious scam call from some weird number (unanswered) the same number always calls right back?
It could be to get past “do not disturb”. There’s a setting that allows repeat calls through. I have that turned off.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #237
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
That brings back memories! Also the channel with flight information at the airport.
My favourite was always channel 4. The one with the red/blue/green sections that only had text printing out news, sports scores and weather. I was hoping to find a screenshot somewhere, but my google-fu came up empty!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2022, 10:49 AM   #238
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
My favourite was always channel 4. The one with the red/blue/green sections that only had text printing out news, sports scores and weather. I was hoping to find a screenshot somewhere, but my google-fu came up empty!
I recall that clearly.

My dad would watch, read?, that for hours and just like regular TV if we made too much noise he yell that he was "watching TV and to keep it down".

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2022, 11:44 AM   #239
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Back in those days our devices didn't take screenshots, we didn't have an internet to share them on anyhow, and since to take a picture you needed to use film, take it to the developer etc., all of which cost money, I doubt if very many people were taking photos of their TVs on channel 4.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2022, 11:45 AM   #240
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
Back in those days our devices didn't take screenshots, we didn't have an internet to share them on anyhow, and since to take a picture you needed to use film, take it to the developer etc., all of which cost money, I doubt if very many people were taking photos of their TVs on channel 4.
"I must immortalize this!! For the FUTURE!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote