Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #2361
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yes but more importantly when's the next season of Fuller House coming?

Netflix should spend whatever money it would ever consider spending on a season of these dumb shows and buy some more content from PBS. I really enjoy those American Experience episodes.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #2362
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

They alive, dammit!

Arrested Development on May 29. Kimmy on May 30. I guess the Emmy cutoff date is the 31st.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #2363
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Watched Evil Genius over the weekend. A true crime story. Amazing how many bad people and bad things can go down in a town of 100,000. Only four episodes, but really well done and extra creepy.
Crazy too that the authorities didn't catch on for years. I mean how could one catch a conclave of lunatics.

It was an extremely fascinating watch.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #2364
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Crazy too that the authorities didn't catch on for years. I mean how could one catch a conclave of lunatics.

It was an extremely fascinating watch.
Fascinating is an understatement IMO.

It's unfathomable to me that the whole thing occurred....particularly the way it did and with the law enforcement agencies pretty much assuring they couldnt figure it out because of a lack of communication.

That woman might be the craziest bitch that ever lived and those around her not far behind.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #2365
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yes but more importantly when's the next season of Fuller House coming?
I want more Big Mouth.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #2366
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Portia de Rossi was on Ellen today (and probably every day -- but today it was the show Ellen) and it was mentioned that only the first 8 episodes of Arrested Development Season 5 will be released on the 29th. The other 8 will be at some time in the future.

I don't know if that was previously known, but it's the first I've heard it.

It also sounds like Portia is not going to be in every episode. Apparently, she called Hurwitz and told him she had retired from acting, but he still wrote Lindsay into 5 of the episodes anyway (and she agreed to do them).
Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #2367
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Fascinating is an understatement IMO.

It's unfathomable to me that the whole thing occurred....particularly the way it did and with the law enforcement agencies pretty much assuring they couldnt figure it out because of a lack of communication.

That woman might be the craziest bitch that ever lived and those around her not far behind.
I refelct on the beginning of the series and kind of knew the authorities were going to bungle this up almost intstantly. Given how they treated the victim even when he was co-operating, crapping his pants and begging for help. Guns drawn, no action to save a life, approching a corpse with guns drawn still. I was shocked.

Then Margie, the fact that she had it all worked out even in her crazy mental state was amazing. From shaving they eyebrows to perfect the mentally ill look that would garner sympathy from juries or anyone who would buy it, to just the insanely well played out misdirection veiled in all her disorders. Just blew my mind.

I mean I guess Kudos to them for being all shady, creepy scum of the earth geniuses, but holy hell how did they manage to pull this off for as lng as they did.

Way better true crime documentary than the last one Netflix did with that To catch a killer or whatever.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #2368
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the animated Batman the Killing Joke movie and it sucked! The only part I liked was what was said at the very end.

Last edited by Poe969; 05-16-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Poe969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #2369
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Watched the animated Batman the Killing Joke movie and it sucked! The only part I liked was what was said at the very end.

I was really underwhelmed by it to say the least.

Wasn't that the last appearance of Mark Hamill as the Joker?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #2370
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some recent series completed...

Trump - I was okay with the show; it used filmed footage and explained a lot about him before he ran for President. I had forgotten about Ivanka and Marla. Decent enough.

Hinterland - I liked this show a lot. Set in Wales. Unfortunately, Netflix Canada hasn't put Season 3 up yet. I would rate it 3rd on my list of UK crime shows behind The Fall and Broadchurch.

Batman the Killing Joke - Not as good as some of the other batman movies.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #2371
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Killing Joke was one of the few abject failures by DC animated. TDKR and Year One are both excellent adaptations of classic stories.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #2372
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, the Killing Joke was a huge swing and a miss. So much potential too.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #2373
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I refelct on the beginning of the series and kind of knew the authorities were going to bungle this up almost intstantly. Given how they treated the victim even when he was co-operating, crapping his pants and begging for help. Guns drawn, no action to save a life, approching a corpse with guns drawn still. I was shocked.

Then Margie, the fact that she had it all worked out even in her crazy mental state was amazing. From shaving they eyebrows to perfect the mentally ill look that would garner sympathy from juries or anyone who would buy it, to just the insanely well played out misdirection veiled in all her disorders. Just blew my mind.

I mean I guess Kudos to them for being all shady, creepy scum of the earth geniuses, but holy hell how did they manage to pull this off for as lng as they did.

Way better true crime documentary than the last one Netflix did with that To catch a killer or whatever.
What astonished me was how Rothstein skated through, after admitting he participated in multiple felonies, to be declared ‘not a suspect’. What the hell? Those cops and prosecutors were more inept than Dallas PD circa November 1963. What kind of monster can convince another person to clamp a bomb around another persons neck. For me, when the story unfolded, he was the real evil genius.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #2374
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The ninja Batman movie makes The Killing Joke look like a masterpiece.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #2375
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't get what was really wrong with the Killing Joke. It didn't stray too far from the original material, and the animation wasn't bad. It wasn't something that I would watch again, but I didn't hate it or anything.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #2376
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know when you go to the bar, and you see the hottest woman there, and you actually screw up the courage to go and talk to her, and she's sexy and amazing and smart, and oyu somehow manage to get her to go home with you. And everything goes well, and then you wake up in the morning and look at her and she's perfect looking and not snoring.

And then you lie back down and your first thought is "Huh, that was strangely unsatisfying"

That to me is the Killing Joke. It had the elements that you want, but it didn't quite seem all there, and it was sterile and formulaic

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #2377
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Geniuses? Not in the slightest. If the bank heist had actually gone off without a hitch, they'd have come out with $8k split between them all. On top of that, from what the documentary portrayed, the only reason they came to the attention of the police is because one of the geniuses calls the cops to report a crime committed by another member of the gang.

Can someone explain the scavenger hunt aspect of this? Why go to all that trouble with the instructions when ideally you'd just want the pizza guy to bring the money to you and not have him blown up somewhere along the way? The doc touched on the fact that Wells liked doing scavenger hunts but presumably this was just a coincidence as these guys wouldn't have known that. Also why even go to all this trouble with building a bomb, finding a patsy and coming up with these convoluted instructions when it seems like it would've been a hell of a lot easier to have one of the conspirators commit the crime with a ski mask?

A lot of unexplained things here and I'm not sure the documentary came to a satisfying conclusion.

Spoiler!
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:27 AM   #2378
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
The ninja Batman movie makes The Killing Joke look like a masterpiece.
It looks so amazingly bad...I have to see it. I've avoided it because it just looked so bad but after watching the previews again, I need to see it.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #2379
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It looks so amazingly bad...I have to see it. I've avoided it because it just looked so bad but after watching the previews again, I need to see it.
Prepare for disappointment.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:50 AM   #2380
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I had to look up that Batman Ninja movie.

This is from some random critic on RT:

Quote:
Batman Ninja makes Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin look like Mask of the Phantasm by comparison. No joke.
For anyone who doesn't remember Mask of the Phantasm was a DC animated movie from the 90s and is considered one of the highpoints, if not the pinnacle, of Batman TAS.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote