Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #2321
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I just love how ego between the mafias drove them both to their deaths!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #2322
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another top notch game Mazrim, thanks again!
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #2323
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

-- dead post --

LOOK AT THAT RIGHT 'DER KIDS. THAT'S HOW SHE'S DONE! BEAUTY!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #2324
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Vote Count:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes on any one player to hammer. It takes 3 votes to deadline lynch.

Hasn’t Voted (1): Lego Man

Voting:
undercoverbrother (5): flameswin, Rathji, Hockeyguy15, ineedanother, HalifaxDrunk
Hockeyguy15 (2): saillias, strombad
HalifaxDrunk (1): undercoverbrother

The town settled in for the long haul. It would only be a matter of time before they outed the scum left here. It turned out the long haul wouldn't be necessary. Clueing into what had been said previously, they had decided to shift their vote to undercoverbrother, who had been suspiciously quiet at key times.

Sensing the inevitable, undercoverbrother decided he wouldn't go quietly. He lunged for the nearest person, a knife suddenly drawn. Unfortunately for him, his attempt to go down in glory would be a failure. He only managed to graze someone before being hauled down, a knee on his back and arms held tight.

"This was supposed to be the perfect plan. Damn Barrows always messing everything up! We can step out of the shadows of the past and become the fut--" he was cut off before finishing by a swift kick to the head. The others came closer, looking ready to end this threat for good.

undercoverbrother, Parker Mafia, lynched Day 8

There would be no more attempts on the town. There would be no more mafia influence here. Now, the people had risen to the challenge and removed the plague that infested their small backwater town. Both the Barrows and Parkers had been forcibly removed, and the townspeople would be dilligent in making sure it never happened again.

The Parker Mafia have been defeated. The Townspeople have been victorious!

The game is now over. Anyone may now use this thread to discuss.

I have been really busy lately so I don't have anything written up yet for a postmortem. For those wondering, another game is in the works, but it will probably at least a couple weeks away before you see anything pop up about it. I think we could all use a short break, anyway! Thanks for playing, and I hope you all enjoyed it. I'll post more thoughts in the postmortem later.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #2325
Baxter Renegade
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

UCB!! You sneaky SOB...

-Brett Hull
Baxter Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baxter Renegade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #2326
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favorite moment is still ineedanother killing Timbo. Just the way it happened was pretty funny.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #2327
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mazarin can you/ we link the other threads?

Half the fun of last game was reading those and seeing all the mistakes.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:27 PM   #2328
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

See, getting into a spat with me just gets ya killed. I'm only shady because I'm old and grumpy.

Thanks for a great game, I wish I was able to focus more right up to the end.
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #2329
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

I'm glad we didn't waste two more nights killing me and Flameswin before outing UB.
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #2330
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great game UCB, you were definitely the best player in the game. Dissentowner did a good job too, and pretty much saved the town

From an outsiders POV, this was a pretty ugly game for the town. It didnt look like they had much of a chance until Barrow self-destructed

The biggest problem in this game was so many townies were acting as if they were POSITIVE they were right, when they were wrong basically every time

Flameswin was the worst for this, kermit and CBL were also guilty. Suicide pacts are never a good strategy for town members
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #2331
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Its hilarious how heated day one was, when everyone was basing their assumtions on nothing at all. Its basically impossible to guess mafia on day one, or even two

I said this in the chat, but if im playing next game im going with lego mans coin flip idea. He even flipped a mafia member! In the chat before we knew who mafia was, the few of us in there tried to guess and we were all way off. Me, delgar and hmmhmmcamo all guessed 0/8
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #2332
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Thanks Mazrim for another awesome game of mafia scum.

Certainly a surprising come-from-behind sort of win for the town. Everything came together in a very short time for the town, and the mafia just imploded from having played a very crafty game.

Special congrats to UCB and Dissentower who were both the real difference makers. UCB played it so well he was not on anyone's radar until the very end. UCB let his desire for vengeance get the best of him but I think by that time the town had it anyway. Dissentower picked the perfect time to reveal, and effectively saved the town by both providing important information and boosting morale.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #2333
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
My favorite moment is still ineedanother killing Timbo. Just the way it happened was pretty funny.
Didn't Timbo also get lynched night 1 the previous game? I hope he signs up for the next. It's tradition now
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #2334
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm honestly surprised no one picked up on dissentower being the cop before he revealed. I was following along and was pretty certain he was the cop a couple days before he said it. I thought his posts were giving him away.

And Captain Crunch's reveal, while not a surprise, was epic. I'm glad we got to see someone go out with a little flair instead of just mob hiding and slipping up and it being all accidental. I was hoping some mafia member would go all kamikaze when the numbers got close.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #2335
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

And yeah, Wood is right... those of us, thinking we're so smart, posted our mafia guesses before Mazrim let us know who it was. 3 of us were 0/8 and a couple others were 1/8. It was a good dose of humility. Those first couple days are hard and random choosing would have produced better results than our (un)educated guesses.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #2336
DatSOOKin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Followed along as an outsider, had too many laughs from this thread. Awesome game!
DatSOOKin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DatSOOKin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #2337
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Didn't Timbo also get lynched night 1 the previous game? I hope he signs up for the next. It's tradition now
They Killed Kenny... err Timbo!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #2338
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was tough about dissentowner was that transplant had done nothing all game, then dissentowner came in right in the middle. So we had nothing to go on at all, and it just really throws you for a loop.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #2339
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default CP Mafia 2 - Town Square Showdown - Game Over

I found this game exponentially more difficult than last game. Partly because I was out of the country for almost a month of it, but also because I found town members played really recklessly, or didn't seem to play at all. Certainly not as cautiously involved as the first game.

I was suspicious of Hockeyguy, flameswin, and activeStick all for completely different reasons, and they were all town.

I think the key to contributing as a town member is involving yourself while being careful not to fire shots at too many people or one person too repetitively. Myself, flameswin, and Hockeyguy all did this and kind of sucked haha. Though we all survived to see the end of the game! So maybe I'm even wrong about that.

Guys who were silent were the most frustrating. Transplant almost cost us the cop, and activestick only became a target to me because of his complete lack of involvement. HD had a great reason for not contributing, but it still made him a big target despite being town. If I had one piece of advice for either side, it would be to contribute.

UCB actually played the perfect town game, which is why it was impossible to pick him out until it became a numbers game.

Great game all, sorry I was useless! Had fun anyway!
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strombad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #2340
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Good for you assclown

I dont have access to the internett all day is what i am saying...not that its a "burden"...but your superiority humbles me.

Can we all agree with was the post of the game?
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:

Tags
edmonton is no good , toronto is no good , vancouver is no good , wild west