Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #2281
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Super villianous- I imagine Trumpster is pulling a Mr Burns somewhere

The Following User Says Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #2282
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Agreed that is awful...since when is it "hey, hey, hey"??
That's more of a Fat Albert thing
Old 05-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #2283
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Not a single Democrat voted for this bill... None.

Not sure exactly what the democrats were supposed to do when the GOP controls both Houses and the Presidency...?

Lecturing them on decorum is pretty funny considering the GOP did the same serenade to the Democrats 25 years ago...
Fair enough, though for whatever reason I doubt many of the GOP knows or cares that it was actually something they did that long ago. Probably still letting everything go in one ear and out the other that they've been doing since they got elected.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:16 PM   #2284
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Fair enough, though for whatever reason I doubt many of the GOP knows or cares that it was actually something they did that long ago. Probably still letting everything go in one ear and out the other that they've been doing since they got elected.
Except you can bet that a good chunk of the GOP probably sees the singing as some kind of affront, or slap in the face towards the GOP... i'll bet that guys like Rush or Infowars is using this to fan the flames of the partisan divide...

My concern lies purely in the ignorance of that particular base to look at things in a vacuum rather than contextualizing it...

At the beginning the administration, one of Trump's spokespeople (might have been KAC) said pretty much "Facts don't matter" (different quote than the 'Alternative Facts' quote often used)...

there's a reason why Orwell is often brought up when looking at the Trump administration's tactics....
Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #2285
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
2014. Amazing(ly sad).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...98464472162304

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

It’s Thursday. How many people have lost their healthcare today?
"For you, the day Trump repealed your Obamacare was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Thursday."
Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #2286
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
This is like when the other team says something you post on the locker room wall. If this does pass the senate, and people do lose their insurance, all you have to do is make a commercial of this tweet.
It's like someone said a few weeks ago: Reading old Trump tweets feels like they were actually written as warnings to/about his future self.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #2287
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #2288
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a pretty thorough summary of those who will be most hurt under the GOP health care bill if it makes it through the Senate and becomes law.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/4/1554299...dicaid-victims

Quote:
The Congressional Budget Office estimated in March that 24 million people would lose health insurance if the AHCA were to pass, and the changes made to the bill in the ensuing two months have only made it less generous and more likely to jeopardize coverage. And because the bill substantially weakens regulations for both individual and employer plans, millions of people who still get insurance will see the extent of their coverage shrink, and see themselves forced to pay out of pocket for expensive procedures that would otherwise be covered.
The winners:

Quote:
The biggest winners are households making $250,000 a year or more, who would see two different taxes targeting them repealed; households with millions in investment income would come out particularly far ahead.
The losers:

Quote:
1) Working poor people who gained Medicaid under Obamacare.

2) Seniors, disabled people, and others who qualified for Medicaid even before Obamacare.

3) States hard hit by the opiate crisis.

4) People in states that take a Medicaid “block grant,” who could see dramatic cuts in coverage.

5) Pregnant women and new mothers.

6) People with preexisting conditions.

7) Families with chronic conditions.

8) Low-income Americans not on Medicaid.

9) Older people on the exchanges.

10) Children in special education programs.

11) Planned Parenthood patients.

Quote:
Under the MacArthur Amendment added to the bill in late April, states would also be allowed to waive "community rating," a provision in Obamacare that bans insurers from charging higher premiums to sicker people. This would effectively return us to the days when people with “preexisting conditions” would be charged vastly more for insurance.

How much more? It’s hard to say for sure, but the Center for American Progress's Sam Berger and Emily Gee attempted to estimate using insurer data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. They find that people with metastatic cancer would see an annual surcharge of more than $140,000, people who've had a heart attack would see a $58,000 bump, people with depression or bipolar disorder would see premium hike by $8,500, and pregnant women would see costs rise by $17,320.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #2289
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Oh nice, Dodd Frank can suck it too. So long regulations, hello land of milk and honey! Hopefully I don't have to take that stupid yearly training anymore.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #2290
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ i looked that chart and thanked my lucky stars that i was born in Canada...

there's a reason why the bill has also been called "Wealthcare"

Last edited by oldschoolcalgary; 05-04-2017 at 03:52 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #2291
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if you've had a baby and want insurance you automatically have to pay $17 000?

And let's not even get into cancer costs..

America, land of the health lottery. Better hope you don't lose!
Old 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #2292
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
^ i looked that chart and thanked my lucky stars that i was born in Canada...

there's a reason why the bill has also been called "Wealthcare"
there are so many reasons I thank my lucky stars for that
Old 05-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #2293
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Rather than embrace policy cobbled together designed to replace the 2010 Affordable Care Act, many Republicans simply decided the best move was to approve a flawed bill — and ram it through a flawed process — so that the Senate would get a chance to fix the House’s mistakes, setting up a major negotiation later this year.

House Republicans did so knowing that their votes will be portrayed by their Democratic opponents as ruthlessly denying millions of people health insurance and causing Americans already saddled with preexisting illness to shoulder higher costs.

And they did so knowing that there’s a chance the Senate will choke on the legislation or that House and Senate negotiators will deadlock and never agree to a final product — leaving them on record voting for a bill that could have career-ending consequences.

“This bill is highly imperfect, imperfect, okay? There’s no doubt about that,” Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart said after supporting the legislation.

The Florida Republican — who represents a competitive district — waited until the last 24 hours to come on board, citing conversations with senators who vowed to address his concerns about how to handle the tens of thousands of his constituents who are signed up for the ACA insurance exchanges.

“Is this bill good? No, I don’t like it,” Diaz-Balart said, suggesting that voting for the bill would allow him to be part of future negotiations. “So my decision was, how do I stay involved?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.0253eee9097c
Old 05-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #2294
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

How does any sane person vote for such a bill?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #2295
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two great articles from the Onion today:

http://www.theonion.com/article/nati...ocialMarketing

Quote:
WASHINGTON—Preparing for a surge in business from the millions of Americans who could soon be left without access to medical care, the nation’s back alleys were reportedly rushing to expand their services Thursday in anticipation of the American Health Care Act becoming law.
Quote:
“We’re gonna have thousands of people coming through here soon, and right now we’re just not ready for them,” said Durham, NC man Curtis Hendershaw, who spoke from a narrow alleyway behind the Dragon Inn Chinese restaurant, adding that he had already begun making calls to all the unlicensed physicians and disgraced former medical professionals he knows. “We’re used to stitching a guy up here and there, but as soon as insurers can drop essential benefits and impose annual payment caps, we’ll be doing all sorts of major surgeries, pediatric services, mental health treatment, you name it.”

“I just put some cardboard down under that fire escape there so we can have a dry place for a neonatal unit,” he continued.
Quote:
“It’s not that bad, though, really,” he continued. “As soon as your procedure’s finished we lay you down under a bridge where you’re welcome to rest up as long as you need to.”

http://www.theonion.com/article/repo...ocialMarketing

Quote:
According to a new report published Wednesday by the Pew Research Center, you live in a deeply embarrassing and barely functional country. “Our latest research and statistical analysis shows that you are currently the citizen of an objectively humiliating nation wreathed in a miasma of pettiness, sloth, rank stupidity, and failure,” the report read in part, adding that this—this goddamned disgrace of a culture and system of government, if that’s what you call whatever the hell this is—is where you live, where you are from, and where you will likely die.

“Decline and dysfunction are currently the first things people across the world think of when they hear the name of your place of origin, and, by association, these are the first words that would come to mind when they think of you as well.” The report concluded that there isn’t a whole hell of a lot you can do about it either.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #2296
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
uhh, massive kickbacks campaign contributions. The same as every other bill that ####s all over normal people.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #2297
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
"Completely out of touch with the lives of middle and lower classess" is technically not the same as "insane".
Old 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #2298
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the dualing messages from Trump and the GOP house:
"The checks and balances of the senate are awful, we need to get rid of them to get anything done!"
"We're going to ram through this piece of legislation that we all agree is awful, and trust that the checks and balances in the senate will rewrite it and prevent us from having to answer for it."
Old 05-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #2299
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

"And then I told that reporter (enemy of Americans, sad) that pre-existing conditions are covered!"

Old 05-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #2300
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

No doubt Trump is gonna brag about this every day for the next few weeks like the childish jackass that he is...at least until it gets killed in the Senate. Then he'll blame Obama and the FAKE NEWS.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms