Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #2221
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

You should have made his day and played into his sexist comments by asking where the kitchen appliance section was; barring that, the cleaning isle.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #2222
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pretentious artist/creative types that feel "great ideas" should be free from real world constraints like resources, logistics, or budget.

Case in point, the old Bank of Montreal building (that's been dormant for years) on 1st street is being turned into a gym/fitness centre. To me that sounds great, a beautiful old building remains standing, and actually gets some use in the modern age.

But nope, some folks label that as a "fail" because such a beautiful space is "too good" to be a gym. It would make a better art gallery/museum/school in there minds. And hey, maybe it would be a great space for something like that, but no one in the 7-8 years since A&B Sound closed has come up with the funding to put something like that in there, so it's a "fail" because they finally found a tenant?

Was it a "win" when it was empty? Or a music store? Hey I love music stores, but at the end of the day they sell disposable consumer junk, so was it a "fail" then as well?

We live in a world of constraints, and personally I'm much more of a fan of great ideas/projects that are completed with these constraints in place than theoretical "great" projects that are nothing more than naval gazing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #2223
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
People who tailgate in the right lane and make the slower drivers nervous.

Just makes for a bad situation and usually ends up slowing things down.
slower? as in less than the speed limit
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #2224
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

3 pairs of identical jeans (Levi 501s) that have ripped in the identical spot in less than 2 weeks on each pair making it so my twig and berries are damn near exposed. Sick and tired of piss poor quality pants.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #2225
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
3 pairs of identical jeans (Levi 501s) that have ripped in the identical spot in less than 2 weeks on each pair making it so my twig and berries are damn near exposed. Sick and tired of piss poor quality pants.
Are you experiencing high volumes of wood?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #2226
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
slower? as in less than the speed limit
5 under to speed limit. Saw it twice this week on a three lane highway.

First time the slow driver moved left, slowing down the middle lane and the second time the slow driver just went even slower.

Maybe it's an American thing.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #2227
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevishot View Post
... So buy some actually good jeans? I have 5+ years on my oldest jeans.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #2228
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Yzerman19 View Post
... So buy some actually good jeans? I have 5+ years on my oldest jeans.

Whoa, what's wrong with Levi's??
Old 03-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #2229
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Well that chicken dinner went through me so fast I think I must have used Shake And Flush.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #2230
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I spun out on McKnight and got high centered on the median. No biggie. Got out to inspect the damage and TRIPPED on the curb. Somebody saw me on the ground and called 911, I don't know what they told them because I had 7 emergency vehicles come to save me from nothing tonight. End result is a $172 ticket for unreasonable speed.

Tonight, a good Samaritan RGMG.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #2231
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

What RGMG is timeouts for sports, mainly football, basketball. They slow down the game so much. Why not let players actually think for themselves instead of having to draw up plays? I wish there were no timeouts in any pro sports.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #2232
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Posters that continue to make accusations, yet when pressed can't produce any evidence to support their accusations.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #2233
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I spun out on McKnight and got high centered on the median. No biggie. Got out to inspect the damage and TRIPPED on the curb. Somebody saw me on the ground and called 911, I don't know what they told them because I had 7 emergency vehicles come to save me from nothing tonight. End result is a $172 ticket for unreasonable speed.

Tonight, a good Samaritan RGMG.
Wait what? A cop can give you a ticket without having seen it?

Last edited by jayswin; 03-12-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Too many emoticons
Old 03-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #2234
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Wait what? A cop can give you a ticket without having seen it?
Yeah they were like you had to have been going too fast coming around the corner for the conditions. This, in a FWD car with almost brand new winter tires on arguably the worst quality road in Calgary. I'll be fighting this without question.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #2235
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah they were like you had to have been going too fast coming around the corner for the conditions. This, in a FWD car with almost brand new winter tires on arguably the worst quality road in Calgary. I'll be fighting this without question.
Keep us posted on how the ticket fight goes.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #2236
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At night court?
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #2237
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
That's bull****, you shouldn't have to take a day off work and go through all that hassle.

I have huge respect for our Police, but honestly if I you were, I wouldn't play the polite angle at all when you go.

Seriously, just throw out the relevant questions to the judge in a "I know what I'm talking about" tone.

"Okay, so the first question I have is "What speed does the officer think I was traveling?".

"Is it true that there could have been black ice, that a car traveling a safe speed could be thrown off by?"

"Is it true that a car could easily end up in that position from a low speed spin out caused by a surprisingly bad patch of road?"

Make sure you make him answer your questions, and not just answer their questions the whole time, as there's a natural bias for the question answerer to sound more defensive and more wrong.

This all brought to you by the expertise of "Do you accept this fine as it stands? Yes, I do" flameswin.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #2238
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wouldn't be my first time going to the courthouse to talk to a first appearance prosecutor. The $172 isn't an issue, it's the demerits. Trying to keep those to a minimum as I'd prefer not to get suspended again.

With exams, not sure my court date will work out. Might postpone, but I've got to move to Edmonton quick here. Gotta weigh the hassle vs my other business.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #2239
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Wouldn't be my first time going to the courthouse to talk to a first appearance prosecutor. The $172 isn't an issue, it's the demerits. Trying to keep those to a minimum as I'd prefer not to get suspended again.

With exams, not sure my court date will work out. Might postpone, but I've got to move to Edmonton quick here. Gotta weigh the hassle vs my other business.
Wait, with demerits? ****, I'm not even you and I'm pissed at this scenario. Unless there's more to the story, which you don't really seem like that type of poster, then this is pretty crappy on their part.

Show up, find a car high centered, charge driver with unsafe driving?

Last edited by jayswin; 03-12-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Emoticon removed at users request
Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #2240
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Well before we all go getting pissy with the police in this scenario... Acey... were you speeding?

(you may not want to answer that haha). But really, how did you spin out then? Just random?
Closed Thread