Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2022, 10:00 PM   #2181
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Elon knew he wouldn't win this poll and had probably picked out the next CEO days ago.
Doubt he'll step down, It's just his quick way of identifying democrats to flag and eventually ban.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:35 PM   #2182
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Maye Musk - the pride of Regina!

Every single snap decision by Elon shows he does no homework and doesn't have the braincells to connect the dots and is surrounded by yes men. The most basic in-house counsel or even compliance officer could have told him what happens if you try to skirt Apple's royalties on blue checks or the EU rules on information.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 12-18-2022 at 11:00 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:59 PM   #2183
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Yeah, except he fired all the people who know this. I’d guess most of the senior people he listens to are people he brought over from Tesla.

He’s demonstrated thoroughly that he’s a fraud. This notion that he’s a genius has been completely shattered for a lot of people.

He’s played off his ASD and used that to help the ruse. No, he’s just dumb as a potato, I maintain his only talent is access to capital.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #2184
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
Yeah, except he fired all the people who know this. I’d guess most of the senior people he listens to are people he brought over from Tesla.

He’s demonstrated thoroughly that he’s a fraud. This notion that he’s a genius has been completely shattered for a lot of people.

He’s played off his ASD and used that to help the ruse. No, he’s just dumb as a potato, I maintain his only talent is access to capital.
I've also come across a lot of debates regarding his degrees also being questionable and that he has lied about them in the past (BS in Physics versus the BA he received) but unlike Musk, I don't think one should post potential misinformation without being certain of it.

Here's one debate thread that has come up recently for the curious. As mentioned before, none of these have been established as fact.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/c...s_lied_for_27/
Old 12-18-2022, 11:09 PM   #2185
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Doubt he'll step down, It's just his quick way of identifying democrats to flag and eventually ban.
He will absolutely step down. You can tell he isn't enjoying being slandered everyday. If he can pass that responsibility on to someone else he is the type of guy that will do that passing the heat on to someone else.

That doesn't mean he won't be involved in key decisions and sell the company. He will just be taking heat off himself by having someone else put themselves in a position where they look like they are taking responsibility.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 11:11 PM   #2186
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
He will absolutely step down. You can tell he isn't enjoying being slandered everyday. If he can pass that responsibility on to someone else he is the type of guy that will do that passing the heat on to someone else.
Like Trump, Elon knows he needs a Mike Pence to get the shareholders to want to hang as a scapegoat.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:27 PM   #2187
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That doesn't mean he won't be involved in key decisions and sell the company. He will just be taking heat off himself by having someone else put themselves in a position where they look like they are taking responsibility.
It's not slander if its true. He's a child that can't take legitimate criticism.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 11:56 PM   #2188
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's not slander at all.

timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 12:00 AM   #2189
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
It's not slander if its true. He's a child that can't take legitimate criticism.
Okay. Doesn't change the fact tbh.

He's stepping down and has his new guy picked out to take the heat already.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 01:45 AM   #2190
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I think he planned to be the face of twitter with the feeling that he'd be a hero with the general public cheering on his brash, crazy decisions, which would in turn up twitter's value.

When he found out that he was quickly being exposed as a sporadic clown, he understood that he needed to pivot. This is the pivot.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 07:57 AM   #2191
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1604617643973124097

The bots have spoken. Now to find an engineer that wants to captain this train wreck. I predict the new CEO lasts less than a month.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 07:59 AM   #2192
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you go by the right-wing pundits, he's going to install some idiot moron like Ian Miles Cheong or Jack Psobiec or The Quartering to trigger the libs.

Which I'm sure will continue to reassure and placate advertisers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #2193
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yup, there's no fine print here around putting in somebody who represents everything Musk isn't. If anything he's just going to install a patsy/sycophant that will let Musk be the Puppet Master.

You don't spend 44 Billion on a social media platform, try and recoup your costs in a panic, and suddenly change moral direction at the whims of an internet poll.

That said I do think any change might be generated from the extreme pressure he's probably receiving from the investors implosion of Tesla.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 09:40 AM   #2194
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
We also have the whole Jon Kay/Barbara Kay thing. She runs to his defense fairly often.

I hope that whomever is chosen to run things, they're not the same brand of nutter that Elon is, but I won't hold my breath, blue isn't my color.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #2195
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
Fake. Elon was born in a lab as a testtube baby. That's just an actress.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:25 AM   #2196
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

He can't help himself and we all know it, he might step down but he wont stop tweeting and he wont stop massively over reacting to everything so the new CEO won't really be in charge as Musk will publicly and humiliatingly announce that he's going to order the CEO to do what ever half arsed ill considered plan comes to his mind at 3am, any self respecting CEO will walk away after a month or two, we will go through 2 or 3 before he finds some broke desperate shlong sucker who will be happy to play his gimp, this in itself will do massively more harm to Musk's image and his fortune
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:33 AM   #2197
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think you meant puppet but then again, who can be sure with Musk? I could legit see him appointing a puppy as successor.

We rejected his call.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 10:42 AM   #2198
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm starting to think Elon mostly see's Twitter as critical infrastructure needed for Neural Link and that he accepted there would be multiple years of losses before he could start using Twitter for what he actually wants it for and was content to have a giant ####-around in the meantime.

Stuff like Neural Link and Meta are looking like dead-fish right now, but they have the potential for being trillion dollar industries and whoever figures it out first is going to win it all, which is why some of the richest men in the world seem to be content beggaring themselves in order to make it happen.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 03:03 PM   #2199
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
You're ignoring debt though, which is one thing that significantly differentiates Tesla from other auto companies and is a huge reason why they're valued more like a tech company (who tend to have lower debt).

A company with a $100B market cap and $200B in debt is effectively being valued similarly to a company with a $300B market cap and no debt. But just looking at P/E will show the latter company with a P/E that's 3x higher at a given earnings amount.

And that's basically the situation with car companies. Ford has a market cap of $52B, but they have $130B in debt. GM has a market cap of $55B, but $115B in debt. Volkswagen has an $84B market cap and $204B in debt. Meanwhile Tesla has a $474B market cap and only $6B in debt.

If you go by Enterprise Value (which considers cash and debt), then Tesla's value to earnings is only about 1.5-2X their competitors. Which I don't think is insanely out of line given their much faster earnings growth, their higher margins, and the fact that debt servicing costs have gotten significantly more expensive in the last 6 months (which will hurt the future earnings of high-debt companies).

The stock is still overpriced, but unless their sales or margins completely crater, I don't see how it would be a $30-40 stock.
You can't use mkt cap to compare debt, as mkt cap is a function of price. The higher the price, the higher the mkt cap, the better the ratio. So let's raise the price!

Also, debt matters, absolutely. But it's a question of the cost of the debt, as a function of earnings (as long as the debt is at reasonable levels). And the cost of that debt is already factored into the earnings (i.e. earnings are net of debt service).

TSLA makes about $3.25/share and is priced at $150, or 47 X earnings

VW makes over 32 Euro/share and is priced at 123 Euro, or 3.7 X earnings.

Each dollar of earnings (per share) that TSLA generates is being valued at 12 X what each dollar of earnings that VW generates is being valued at.

Saying they have less debt does not justify that.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 03:26 PM   #2200
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1604012576811225088
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post: